Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2013, 12:15 AM

491 posts, read 373,161 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Chavez's birthday is always celebrated on the 31st. Easter moves and this year coincided with Chavez's birthdate.
That is how I feel.

Chavez's birthday just happened to coincide with the celebration of the resurrection of Jesus Christ. I celebrated the resurrection today. I saw that Google chose to honor Chavez and I mentioned it at Easter dinner, but paid no other significance to it. It was just as if i had stated that many other people were born on 3/31. Jesus Christ overshadows Cesar Chavez.

I hold nothing against the man, and also don't know much about him other than that he was a grape farmer whom some people say did some good things. I am sure that he was a fine man and a true hero to those who honor him.

So I honor him as well. Happy birthday Cesar Chavez!

But he did not die for the sins of the world, nor did he rise from the dead, and he does not live today.

Jesus Christ did, did, and does.

Old 04-01-2013, 12:15 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,279,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldous9 View Post
Christianity is mythology just as the Greek Gods are mythology.

Jesus Christ was a real person but by all accounts appeared to be kind of a nutter. That's what we would call someone today if they claimed to be the son of some god and born from a virgin mother.

I blame Constantine. If it wasn't for him christianity would have remained a bizarre cult and it wouldn't have caused so many problems over the last two-thousand years. Think of all the bad things Christianity has brought to the world. It's based on a text(The Bible) that is full of immoral instruction.
No proof about that, and Romans kept good records.

Old 04-01-2013, 01:21 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,209,520 times
I read that Google hasn't "doodled" ANYTHING Easter related since 2000, when it put two easter eggs in the place of the "oo" part. If people haven't been upset until this year I suspect they are under a year old. That would make sense.

Old 04-01-2013, 01:32 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,463,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mensa130 View Post
But he did not die for the sins of the world, nor did he rise from the dead, and he does not live today.

Jesus Christ did, did, and does.
If Google, a worldwide company, honors Jesus then they have to honor Muhammed and other religions of their users. It's better for them to stay out of it and honor human achievements.

Google was founded by a Jew and a half Jew. Why would they choose to honor Jesus over other religions?

Old 04-01-2013, 01:48 AM

Quote:
If Google, a worldwide company, honors Jesus then they have to honor Muhammed and other religions of their users. It's better for them to stay out of it and honor human achievements.

Google was founded by a Jew and a half Jew. Why would they choose to honor Jesus over other religions?
I did not say that Google should do so. Read my earlier post. I said that it seemed that Google wanted to be different, and that I had no problem with that.

Quote:
I think that Google was just trying to be different. What is the problem?
My more recent post was in response to people on this forum who claim that Chavez was greater than Christ.

They are wrong.

Old 04-01-2013, 01:54 AM

Quote:
I did not say that Google should do so. Read my earlier post. I said that it seemed that Google wanted to be different, and that I had no problem with that.

My more recent post was in response to people on this forum who claim that Chavez was greater than Christ.

They are wrong.
They are right if they don't believe Christ existed as some believe on a supernatural level. When it comes to anything religious it all comes down to what YOU believe when it comes to deciding who is "right" or "wrong".

Old 04-01-2013, 01:58 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,463,404 times
Quote:
They are wrong.
OK, I wouldn't claim that either. Jesus was a great man, I believe he existed, who influenced and inspired many with his message of hope, and who claimed he was a messenger from God.

Old 04-01-2013, 02:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
They are right if they don't believe Christ existed as some believe on a supernatural level. When it comes to anything religious it all comes down to what YOU believe when it comes to deciding who is "right" or "wrong".
O.K., lets assume just for the moment that Jesus Christ was not the son of God resurrrected from the dead(he is, but we are setting that fact aside for the moment to consider a hypothetical question).

How is Cesar Chavez more accomplished than Jesus Christ?

Cesar Chavez has a few streets named after him and a state holiday.

Jesus Christ has an entire religion named after him which has influenced human history over 2,000 years not to mention at least a score of holidays celebrated due to to his short life(we are ignoring his ressurrection for the purposes of this question).

So, the ball is is now in your court.

Tell me how Cesar Chavez is greater than Jesus Christ.

I won't hold my breath for the answer.

Old 04-01-2013, 02:04 AM

Quote:
O.K., lets assume just for the moment that Jesus Christ was not the son of God resurrrected from the dead(he is, but we are setting that fact aside for the moment to consider a hypothetical question).

How is Cesar Chavez more accomplished than Jesus Christ?

Cesar Chavez has a few streets named after him and a state holiday.

Jesus Christ has an entire religion named after him which has influenced human history over 2,000 years not to mention at least a score of holidays celebrated due to to his short life(we are ignoring his ressurrection for the purposes of this question).

So, the ball is is now in your court.

Tell me how Cesar Chavez is greater than Jesus Christ.

I won't hold my breath for the answer.
Maybe Jesus was made up. I know for sure Cesar Chavez wasn't. Breathe now.

Old 04-01-2013, 02:05 AM

Quote:
OK, I wouldn't claim that either. Jesus was a great man, I believe he existed, who influenced and inspired many with his message of hope, and who claimed he was a messenger from God.
Great! We do not disagree based on what you have said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies