Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2013, 02:06 AM

491 posts, read 373,039 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Maybe Jesus was made up. I know for sure Cesar Chavez wasn't. Breathe now.
Elaborate, please.

Old 04-01-2013, 02:10 AM

37,121 posts, read 42,189,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mensa130 View Post
Elaborate, please.
Maybe he was made up..didn't exist..was a fantasy..a compilation of various people..a compilation of various myths..take your pick. I don't know a man named Jesus really existed or did anything attributed to him.

Old 04-01-2013, 02:15 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,458,236 times
Quote:
Cesar Chavez has a few streets named after him and a state holiday.
I have yet to see a Jesus Christ Street or US holiday in his honor. I'm not saying Chavez is greeter. Chavez changed the laws and gave immediate relief to farm workers while Jesus gave a message of hope to accept the world and it's oppression as-is in return for a reward in the afterlife.

Old 04-01-2013, 02:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Maybe he was made up..didn't exist..was a fantasy..a compilation of various people..a compilation of various myths..take your pick. I don't know a man named Jesus really existed or did anything attributed to him.
You are copping out on my original question.

No serious student of the Roman Empire doubts that Jesus existed. There are many historical revisionists who try to claim such but they are so far on the fringe and lacking supporting evidence, that you would be a fool to buy into their crackpot nonsense.

There are many people who deny the spirituality of Jesus Christ and his resurrection.

If you so doubt that, then let's meet there, and set aside the false notion that Jesus did not actually exist.

Old 04-01-2013, 02:22 AM

4,373 posts, read 3,227,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Army Soldier View Post
The liberal attack on Christianity continues. Hopefully later this morning as millions upon millions of Americans head to church for Easter, Google will do the right thing and celebrate the resurrection of Jesus Christ on their doodle.

Happy Easter: Google Celebrates Cesar Chavez's Birth

March 31 marks the birthday of National Farm Workers Association (later United Farm Workers) co-founder Cesar Chavez. Chavez, who was trained by Saul Alinsky in the tactics of community organizing, has become a cult figure in California due to his organization of agricultural workers. March 31 also happens to be another important date this year: Easter. So, naturally, Google’s current logo features a graphic of Chavez’s face, rather than anything having to do with Easter.

Do you even have a life? All you do is complain everyday on here about this or that and never do anything productive.

My god, man. You really are a disgrace to the Veteran label. I am SO ashamed to even be associated with you. Ugh.

Old 04-01-2013, 02:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
I have yet to see a Jesus Christ Street or US holiday in his honor.
Christmas Day is an official U.S. holiday.

It may pale in significance to Easter in terms of how Christianity views the two, but there is no denying that Christmas is recognized as a U.S. holiday, and is the most impactful national holiday.

Old 04-01-2013, 03:09 AM

30,311 posts, read 51,912,730 times
Kinda off-topic, but Google is also planning a bunch of April Fool's jokes. I came across the Treasure Map & Google Nose by accident, and only the latter confused me for a second.

Round Up: All of Google's Jokes for April Fools' Day 2013

Old 04-01-2013, 04:05 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,939,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
What's funny is that Cesar Chavez is being used as the symbol of unlimited illegal immigration which is what the liberals now promote but he was anything but an advocate of that. He actually wanted enforcement of the border, and he understood what liberals today simply do not understand and that is that illegals are all about bringing down wages and job b benefits.
He understood that mexican farm workers were being used by farmers to break American farm workers negotiations for better working conditions and better pay.

You are missing the fact of the Farmers using the mexican labor...immigration didn't have anything to do with the conflict.

The mexican farm workers were not immigrants[legal or illegal]. They were undocumented and documented workers. They were bused in to work the fields...bused to work other farms..and then bused back to mexico after the growing season. [As was typical in the 1960's]

You have become so accustomed to calling all aliens "illegal" that you can't even dicern anything other than your mind-set.

Please stop commenting on what Cesar "believed" because it is most evident you don't even have the slightest idea.

Old 04-01-2013, 04:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
If liberals actually knew that Cesar Chavez organized "wet patrols" and wanted the border enforced, and was a Mass attending Catholic who was very likely not pro-abortion, they'd be the ones bad mouthing him.
That another falsehood. Chavez headed a movement...not all actions of that movement were organized or condone by him.

Old 04-01-2013, 04:25 AM

Quote:
O.K., lets assume just for the moment that Jesus Christ was not the son of God resurrrected from the dead(he is, but we are setting that fact aside for the moment to consider a hypothetical question).

How is Cesar Chavez more accomplished than Jesus Christ?

Cesar Chavez has a few streets named after him and a state holiday.

Jesus Christ has an entire religion named after him which has influenced human history over 2,000 years not to mention at least a score of holidays celebrated due to to his short life(we are ignoring his ressurrection for the purposes of this question).

So, the ball is is now in your court.

Tell me how Cesar Chavez is greater than Jesus Christ.

I won't hold my breath for the answer.
Cesar is no better than any other man. Cesar walked the talk. Some men talk-talk-talk...Cesar put the talk into action.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies