Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2013, 10:23 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,176,592 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Says a lot about Chicagoans although I bet the only ones laughing are mostly Black. Blacks have a high tolerance for this type of foolishness.
When was the last time you were even in downtown Chicago, let alone Chicago?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2013, 02:03 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,240,412 times
Quote:
Sources tell CBS 2 that much of this activity was planned weeks ago through social media.
Looks like CPD dropped the ball on this one. If intelligence was gathered about this, the PD should have maintained a presence before this occurred.

Old 04-01-2013, 03:57 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,781,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
While I deplore the actions of those teenagers, the sarcasm in the first post pretty much shows one thing: This was not brought up with the intentions of "telling the truth" or "being informative". This was brought up for only one reason: To vent anger at Black people. It was posted as a backhanded way of saying "Blacks are a problem population, so they deserve to be treated badly".

Why does the motive matter? This is why. If you mention something with the intent of doing harm to people, with the intent of pushing a vindictive agenda. You aren't going to foster any kind of change. You aren't going to bring forth any solutions. All you are going to do is alienate people, anger them, and some people are going to continue to get more defensive.

On the other hand, if your motive is for people to do better, and people can see this, then maybe more people will listen. You can tell a person's intentions by the way they say something. At least with Bill Cosby, we know the intention is for Black people to do better. I can tell he cares. You can tell in the way he addresses the issues.
I agree with all your posts in this thread.

There must be a name for the poster's condition. I don't think you can call a black man who hates black people a racist. Being black from Ghana doesn't make one less black. "I only look black, but I'm not black"? Doesn't he realize that real white racists see him the same as any other black person? All his posts about black people are negative. There are so many black children and teens struggling to better themselves and doing good things, it's just that what these children and teens are doing isn't "news worthy".

Old 04-01-2013, 04:08 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,049,136 times
LOL.

"You get the government you deserve."

Another leftie utopia!

Old 04-01-2013, 04:25 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,751,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post

There must be a name for the poster's condition. I don't think you can call a black man who hates black people a racist.
Quote:
Being black from Ghana doesn't make one less black
. "I only look black, but I'm not black"? Doesn't he realize that real white racists see him the same as any other black person? All his posts about black people are negative. There are so many black children and teens struggling to better themselves and doing good things, it's just that what these children and teens are doing isn't "news worthy".
No, it doesn't, but for me it is not about color, it is about attitude. I know and work with several blacks from Africa (not sure what country) and their attitude is entirely different from American blacks. It is really strange, because I feel a larger separation from American blacks than African blacks who have no chip on their shoulder. We talk and hardly even realize we are of different colors/races.

Old 04-01-2013, 04:33 AM

73,009 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post

There must be a name for the poster's condition. I don't think you can call a black man who hates black people a racist. Being black from Ghana doesn't make one less black. "I only look black, but I'm not black"? Doesn't he realize that real white racists see him the same as any other black person? All his posts about black people are negative. There are so many black children and teens struggling to better themselves and doing good things, it's just that what these children and teens are doing isn't "news worthy".
I call what he does racist. I could also call it other things too, such as denial and arrogance. We both know there are Black children out there trying to do better. And as you say, they don't get the attention that "hoodrats" and "thugs" get. This is a classic example of "squeaky wheel gets the grease". Mentioning all of the bad in the Black community gets more attention.

Old 04-01-2013, 04:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
No, it doesn't, but for me it is not about color, it is about attitude. I know and work with several blacks from Africa (not sure what country) and their attitude is entirely different from American blacks. It is really strange, because I feel a larger separation from American blacks than African blacks who have no chip on their shoulder. We talk and hardly even realize we are of different colors/races.
But this is the thing. Without knowing the nationality for the person, an African will be treated like any other Black person.

And what I'm talking about is the motive for posting the news. It wasn't posted to tell people "hey, you need to do better". I would read the first sentence. The sarcasm in the post basically said "I have beef with Black Americans". All I hear from this particular person is the negative about Black Americans. There are many positive things going on with Black Americans, but the bad stuff gets the most attention, and in the case of the OP, the only attention. There is a big difference between what Bill Cosby says, and what I heard from the OP.

Old 04-01-2013, 04:38 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,049,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I call what he does racist. I could also call it other things too, such as denial and arrogance. We both know there are Black children out there trying to do better. And as you say, they don't get the attention that "hoodrats" and "thugs" get. This is a classic example of "squeaky wheel gets the grease". Mentioning all of the bad in the Black community gets more attention.
Not for nothing, but you can make all of the excuses that you want.

The bottom line is that black youth in American cities are causing mayhem.

You can ignore this fact, but you would be lying.

This is the reason that the black community at large will never rise from poverty.

Exdcuses, excuses.

Old 04-01-2013, 04:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Not for nothing, but you can make all of the excuses that you want.

The bottom line is that black youth in American cities are causing mayhem.

You can ignore this fact, but you would be lying.

This is the reason that the black community at large will never rise from poverty.

Exdcuses, excuses.
You are missing my point, and considering your last statement, you don't care. When have I once denied that there were issues among a segment of the Black population. A specific segment of the Black population caused mayhem, not the entire Black population. The way the OP put it, you would think the whole Black population was involved.

The problem that I have is the MOTIVE for mentioning this. Considering the track record of the OP, in regards to other posts, this wasn't posted for nothing. It was not posted as a way to "tell the truth". Look at the sarcastic remark in the post. All I ever hear is the negative going on among some Blacks, and only Blacks. The MOTIVE(keyword "Motive") of this was not to say "we need to do better". It was done as a way to rant about Black people. It was done as a way of saying "Black people are a menace, avoid them all". Why do I think this? Look at Bill Cosby and some of the things he has said. He calls out s specific segment of the Black population. He is offering solutions. You can tell in his eyes and the way the he talks, that he genuinely wants to see Black people do much better. You can tell that he cares about people.

Same with Philadelphia's mayor, Michael Nutter. He knows what it is to be raised in the ghetto. He wants to see Black people do better. When I listened to his speech in response to the flash mobs in Philadelphia, he put it in the proper context. He called out the kids who did that. He didn't lash out at the entire Black population, just the teenagers involved, and you could tell in what he was talking about. He recognized that there were many good Black people out there. He basically told those who were involved in the mob violence "you've embarrassed your race". What I get from it is "you're making it hard for the rest of the Black population".

The first post that I see in this thread, I see none of that. All I see is a resentment towards Black Americans at large. That is why I have a problem. It isn't being approached in a proactive manner, just a manner of sarcasm and looking down on others.

Old 04-01-2013, 05:07 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,240,412 times
Kind of odd that someone who doesn't reside in Chicagoland would be pointing out flashmob occurrences in this area. These flashmobs have been doing this type of thing in other areas of the country too. I wonder what the ulterior motive was/is for starting this thread? What point/s are we missing here?

Other flash mob activities:

Violent Flash Mobs

Flash Mob Mayhem: Violent Groups Of Teens Leave Neighborhoods Worried « CBS New York
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies