Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2013, 01:24 PM

12,265 posts, read 6,466,132 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgswaim View Post
Buying equipment for indoor gardening is not probable cause for anything. A lot of rules are being stretched beyond the breaking point.
It`s been going on for a long time.During the Reagan years people were losing their homes if police found 2 pot plants growing in the back yard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2013, 01:25 PM

3,617 posts, read 1,820,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgswaim View Post
Buying equipment for indoor gardening is not probable cause for anything. A lot of rules are being stretched beyond the breaking point.

Old 04-01-2013, 01:30 PM

14,247 posts, read 17,914,646 times
Not a smart move by the cops.

They should know by now that you only go after people who do not have the education or means to defend themselves.

Raiding a couple of former CIA employees is seriously stupid Who knows, the plaintiff may have called in a few favors by now The cops have every interest in being squeaky clean or ............

Old 04-01-2013, 01:35 PM

20,706 posts, read 19,349,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
This is another reason why marijuana should be legal, I'm so tired of hearing about overzealous cops who do this to people in their own homes, as well as young people being locked up for decades who were selling something harmless like marijuana. I hope Colorado and Washington help to start changing attitudes.
I agree. When I was near a pond I did not even want be near some Sulfur Cinquefoil even though I was interested in another edible weed. All I would need is some good citizen to report me for suspicious behavior around what may look like to them like a patch of hemp. Hey everyone is a potential criminal. I think we should search people who have too much wild yeast without a liquor license.

Old 04-01-2013, 01:39 PM

20,706 posts, read 19,349,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
It`s been going on for a long time.During the Reagan years people were losing their homes if police found 2 pot plants growing in the back yard.

What an easy frame up too. I don't sleep nearly as well with that BS going on...Hate your neighbor? Grow pot. Place on their porch. Call police.

Old 04-01-2013, 01:50 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,728,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonacci View Post
Well there's not much you can do if they had a warrant and probably cause. If anything was damaged they might get compensation. The person who screwed up probably got fired.
Probable cause??????????????????

There is nothing in the link to support probable cause.

The LE management should be FIRED! And if I'm on the jury, I would award this couple a huge sum.

The only way to stop this abuse of LE power is to pay the awards out of their retirement funds.

Old 04-01-2013, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
This is another reason why marijuana should be legal, I'm so tired of hearing about overzealous cops who do this to people in their own homes, as well as young people being locked up for decades who were selling something harmless like marijuana. I hope Colorado and Washington help to start changing attitudes.
Agree. Our government should not have the power to tell us what we can eat, drink, grow or smoke.

Government in the USA is way too big and powerful.

Old 04-01-2013, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
4:20 doesn't mean April 20.

I used to have a greenhouse and started many, many, many plants indoors under lights. The cops would have felt pretty silly raiding for tomato plants and African Violets.
Yes, but you would have to prove your innocence. Meanwhile, your life would be a disaster.

Old 04-01-2013, 01:53 PM

14,247 posts, read 17,914,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Probable cause??????????????????

There is nothing in the link to support probable cause.

The LE management should be FIRED! And if I'm on the jury, I would award this couple a huge sum.

The only way to stop this abuse of LE power is to pay the awards out of their retirement funds.
Unfortunately 'probable cause' is a very vague and very abused term. Furthermore, if a judge or a Grand Jury signed off on the warrant then the cops are off the hook.

Old 04-01-2013, 01:54 PM

45,327 posts, read 60,500,026 times
FBI Letter Warns of Fertilizer Purchases for Explosives - ABC News
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies