Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2013, 10:04 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,975,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
I'm not sure which politicians you're talking about or what they've said......perhaps they were speaking directly about China's economy? I think everyone knows China's abyssmal record on human rights issues.
Didn't the Obamas put Mao's face on their Christmas tree? They are quite the admirers of the murderous communist, apparently.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2013, 01:07 PM

7,214 posts, read 9,394,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Didn't the Obamas put Mao's face on their Christmas tree? They are quite the admirers of the murderous communist, apparently.
That sounds like something from some redneck's chain email.

Old 04-02-2013, 01:34 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
What amazes me is people just don't get that people are in business to make a profit. People invest to make a profit. Companies are not social. Tax them higher or do things that reduce demand for their product or service and they will find other ways to reduce cost, reduce employment, freeze wages etc. Either you get that, and demand higher employment rates by not being hostile toward business which in turn helps increase you're pay rates or become one of them or you will be complaining until you die. Follow the money.

Last edited by petch751; 04-02-2013 at 01:51 PM..

Old 04-02-2013, 01:37 PM

59,059 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
And I know many construction workers that would love to have their jobs back. It isn't about having a different view from mine. It is just that you are misinformed. I am challenging your knowledge? Aren't you also challenging my knowledge on this issue. It is a well know fact even by the least intelligent that illegal immigration along with outsourcing has cost many blue collared jobs for Americans. We have a labor shortage in those fields of work? How do you figure with 23 million Americans out of work? And most Americans do have work ethics and skills contrary to your claims. If a business can't survive without breaking our labor and immigration laws then he deserves to go out of business.
I know I don't always say things the right right.

When you 'TELL me I don't know what I am talking about, challenging me my knowledge I take that as an insult. To me, it is a calling me a liar.

If it was NOT meant to be one, I apologize.

I know FIRST hand the people I was referring to.

The economic times we are in now are rough. I accept that. I was referring more to blue collar workers in general going back before the housing bubble burst and now.

They still are in need of labor and cannot find decent young men willing to work.

The illegals are a very big problem and i know that.

The trades are STILL a good place for a young man to work.

College grads are NOT going to work in the trades nor are going to take jobs on the assembly line.

We are in a global market and we will NEVER be able to compete with foreign workers because of the loe pay.

Americans WON'T buy American made shoes or shirts or pants when they cost twice as much. Why do you think K-Mart overtook Sears as the NO.1 retailer several yeas ago/ The CEO stated, when asked how they becme NO.1. he replied, 'We sell a LOT of little things, cheaper.

Wal-Mart has grown to be the NO.1 by supplying goods at a cheaper price.

We will NEVER regain all the jobs that are overseas. Regulations, taxes, labor unions all contribute to companies NOT being able to compete with global manufacturers. Accept it and adjust.

Old 04-02-2013, 01:47 PM

62,952 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
I know I don't always say things the right right.

When you 'TELL me I don't know what I am talking about, challenging me my knowledge I take that as an insult. To me, it is a calling me a liar.

If it was NOT meant to be one, I apologize.

I know FIRST hand the people I was referring to.

The economic times we are in now are rough. I accept that. I was referring more to blue collar workers in general going back before the housing bubble burst and now.

They still are in need of labor and cannot find decent young men willing to work.

The illegals are a very big problem and i know that.

The trades are STILL a good place for a young man to work.

College grads are NOT going to work in the trades nor are going to take jobs on the assembly line.

We are in a global market and we will NEVER be able to compete with foreign workers because of the loe pay.

Americans WON'T buy American made shoes or shirts or pants when they cost twice as much. Why do you think K-Mart overtook Sears as the NO.1 retailer several yeas ago/ The CEO stated, when asked how they becme NO.1. he replied, 'We sell a LOT of little things, cheaper.

Wal-Mart has grown to be the NO.1 by supplying goods at a cheaper price.

We will NEVER regain all the jobs that are overseas. Regulations, taxes, labor unions all contribute to companies NOT being able to compete with global manufacturers. Accept it and adjust.
I am well aware of the problems on the corporate level however I disagree that employers are having a problem find good American workers at a "fair" wage. Greed and profit with them rules the day even if it includes hiring illegal immigrants to achieve their agenda. Are you saying there are few non-college educated, good American workers available for those blue-collared jobs. Again, I disagree. I know firsthand that isn't true.

Unlike you however, I will not roll over and accept and adjust. It isn't about me because I am retired however my concerns are for my grandkids and great grandkid's futures. Even college educated kids are having a problem finding jobs. I will fight for the American worker till I draw my last breath.

Old 04-02-2013, 01:48 PM

62,952 posts, read 29,141,740 times
[quote=MaseMan;28945581]That sounds like something from some redneck's chain email.[/queote]

Why would it have to be a "redneck" or do you consider all that oppose Obama and his policies as being rednecks?

Old 04-02-2013, 01:50 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,975,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
That sounds like something from some redneck's chain email.
Nope - it's true. But of course the liberal sheeple can't admit it's true.

Old 04-02-2013, 02:19 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,578,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth-Kaunda View Post
It's clear to me now that this board is infested with people who hate workers, hate the fact that some people work for a wage and think those that work for a small salary are either losers, moochers or both.

Now, what is wrong with the idea of 'earning a crust'?

It's like a 3rd world mentality, whereby low paid workers are considered a joke.

I thought work was supposed to be good.

So what is going on here?
You should have noticed by now that those people you are addressing HATE everyone and everything. The thing I especially notice is they Hate their country with an intensity that is just off the scale.

It's amusing to note that these azzhats claim to be the biggest patriots there are while cursing the country every other sentence.

Old 04-02-2013, 02:32 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,678,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Wasn't that when someone photoshoped a picture of Mao as a joke?

Old 04-02-2013, 02:37 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,678,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
You should have noticed by now that those people you are addressing HATE everyone and everything. The thing I especially notice is they Hate their country with an intensity that is just off the scale.

It's amusing to note that these azzhats claim to be the biggest patriots there are while cursing the country every other sentence.
Like too many on the left, does the OP have proof of this crap, or are they talking out their ass. I can't tell with the left if they are ventriloquists or not, cuz their words still stink.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies