Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2013, 12:47 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,221,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
If you are so concerned for those poor fetuses you should be doing more. You want more children thrown into an already overflowing, and broken system. You want more children thrown into the welfare system, You want more children thrown into an already broken school system.

Let's look at the numbers.
1 million abortions last year.
IF only half gave the child up for adoption, that would mean 500,000 additional children in the system.
There are approximately 150,000 adoptions a year. Some from out of the country, and some inter-family.
There are currently about 400,000 children in the system now.
Who's going to take in these other children?

NOW, let's assume that half of these mothers decide to keep the child, but will need government assistance.
That is 500,000 more children and mothers being supported by taxpayers.
Who want's their taxes to go up to pay for more people "on the dole"?

I simply expect each woman to make the best choice for herself, her situation, and her life.

Anyone want to give it a shot? The OP can't do anything but deflect.

You guys haven't come up with a response to this yet?
There is a waiting line to adopt infants and you ignore the rest of the stats i gave

Old 04-01-2013, 12:50 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,203,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
There is a waiting line to adopt infants and you ignore the rest of the stats i gave
So fetuses and infants are all the anti choicers care about.
Infants of the right color, and are healthy, and perfect might have a waiting list, but the rest sit around and wait, and wait, and wait.

Old 04-01-2013, 12:53 PM

1,209 posts, read 1,036,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the mask View Post
I can understand if a pregnancy is life threatening but other than that why would one choose an abortion.

There're so many couples out there that would love to adopt a child so why choose legalized murder!
Seems to me that only women who have had an abortion can answer your question.

Old 04-01-2013, 12:55 PM

1,873 posts, read 2,407,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
So you started this thread as a troll?

You weren't interested in the reasons why women choose abortion, you were only interested this morning in attacking those women.
DING DING DING - we have a winner!!!

Old 04-01-2013, 12:59 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,279,876 times
Quote:
Again, God's law makes it my business!
Want to live in a theocracy?
I've got a few countries in the Middle East that would love to have you live there.

Old 04-01-2013, 01:03 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,279,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by butkus51 View Post
Women generally use abortion as a contraceptive after the fact. There are very very few cases of abortion being used to save the life of a mother. Most women who get abortions can't keep their legs together. They have one for the sake of their lifestyle.
Of course, it's the woman as ***** meme.
It took longer than usual this thread.

No comments about the men, just the women.
Misogyny at its finest.

What business is it of yours what a woman does with her body?

Old 04-01-2013, 01:15 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,633,814 times
Quote:
Again, God's law makes it my business!
How much picking and choosing of God's laws do you do in the Bible, anyway?

Old 04-01-2013, 01:15 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,239,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Of course, it's the woman as ***** meme.
It took longer than usual this thread.

No comments about the men, just the women.
Misogyny at its finest.

What business is it of yours what a woman does with her body?
Meh, conservative butinski?

Old 04-01-2013, 01:41 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
There are children that age out of the system every year. These children are never adopted.
If the anti choicers care so much for the children, why are there children that age out?

In 2008 there were 135,813 adoptions.
41% were public.
46% inter-country
13%other.
https://www.childwelfare.gov/pubs/ad...age=8&view=Fit

Learn About Children Waiting for Adoptionwhere all of those who want to adopt these children?
It goes a little deeper than that: many who age out have never been even put up for adoption or have such emotional problems they are not considered adoptable or they were not released for adoption until they were 10, 12 or even older. People adopting want children that will be part of their family for many years, not just a 1/2 dozen, not to mention it takes a special family to deal with the problems many of these older children have. I know, we were foster parents to several teens.

You may not realize, many social services are also hesitent to place children from one race into a home of another race: we faced that as well and don't forget those babies that are born addicted to drug? For all of you who use this rational: adopt these kids, take time to really consider: it isn't as simple as you might think.

To me and this is my feeling only: a mother who does choose to carry her baby full term and then gives it up for adoption is doing a selfless thing, is showing her true love for her baby and respects life. A woman who chooses abortion, especially after 20 weeks is thinking of herself, not the child she is carrying. This gois for every man who chooses to have sex, he made a choice as well. Shame on both of them!!!

Oh and BTW,I am not talking about rape, insest, the young girl who almost a baby herself or the woman who is carrying a child that is so damaged it is going to die within minutes after birth. Nor am I talking about the baby that, even if it does live will never live even close to a normal life, but rather have to be cared for 24/7.

Old 04-01-2013, 01:45 PM

6,418 posts, read 7,247,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Yes, I did and the why isn't relevant if it's just to not be inconvienced for 9 months.
Pregnancy isn't an inconvience - its life changing and can be pretty damn horrific, I would never blame any one for not wanting to go through with a pregnancy for whatever reason.

But to answer the question in the OP - women have abortions because it was the best choice for their situation at the time, thats all you need to know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies