Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2013, 09:17 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,640,761 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mask View Post
I can understand if a pregnancy is life threatening but other than that why would one choose an abortion.

There're so many couples out there that would love to adopt a child so why choose legalized murder!
Really? Why are churches giving their flock step by step instructions for overseas adoptions? I don't see too many people trying to adopt American children. How many kids have you adopted?

Old 04-01-2013, 09:18 AM

13,410 posts, read 9,941,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Yes, I did and I the why isn't relevant if it's just to not be inconvienced for 9 months.
I agree, the why isn't relevant.

Good, glad we cleared that up.

Old 04-01-2013, 09:18 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,861,612 times
The majority of women who have abortions already have children. They know the costs and burdens of pregnancy and having a child. They may work a job where pregnancy has an impact on how much they are able to work. They know how expensive maternity clothes are. They worry about explaining to the child they already have that mommy is pregnant, but is going to give away this child, because then that child has nightmares about mommy giving them away. They may be in an abusive relationship, and not want to bring that child into that relationship, or possibly the pregnancy could trigger even more abuse. They may be in college and know the statistics of how many women drop out to have children and never go back. Pregnancy isn't something that just lasts nine months, and then goes away. Pregnancy changes a woman's body forever. And a woman may have health issues that wouldn't make pregnancy life-threatening, but could carry consequences the woman has to live with forever. The woman may be pregnant because she was raped and having to carry a child is a constant reminder, every second, every minute, of the pain and humiliation of that assault. The woman might have multiple children already, and knows she doesn't have the means to raise any more, but that if those around her found out, they wouldn't understand that she's putting the needs of the children she already has ahead of the needs of this potential child. A woman might not consider abortion to be murder, because mother nature aborts for more children every day, via miscarriage, then science and medicine aborts. The woman may learn that the child is not normal, will have health problems and developmental problems, and the number of couples who want those children aren't that many. The woman may learn that she has a current health issue, and that going forward with the pregnancy could render her infertile, unable to have any others in the future, but if she aborts and addresses this health issue, she could go on and have children in the future. The woman may be at a point in her career, on the brink of a major promotion, or just about to make a major move forward, and a pregnancy jeopardizes her future.

Every woman who chooses an abortion has good reason to make that choice. The fact that others don't respect her reasons is part of the problem. If you oppose abortion, don't dismiss her reasons, address them. Make daycare more affordable for working moms. Make workplaces more hospitable. Make prenatal care more affordable. Fund medical research to make pregnancy and childbirth safer, and minimize the impact on women who go forward with a pregnancy.

Old 04-01-2013, 09:19 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,405,040 times
Quote:
I can understand if a pregnancy is life threatening but other than that why would one choose an abortion.

There're so many couples out there that would love to adopt a child so why choose legalized murder!
This is the most obnoxious and intrusive question I've ever seen on this board. The answer is PRIVATE and none of your business jt.

You are certainly a very nosy individual.

Old 04-01-2013, 09:21 AM

4,837 posts, read 4,165,843 times
Quote:

You need to find work to occupy your time. Truly.

Why have an abortion? Because I don't want a kid, that's why. Pretty simple.

Old 04-01-2013, 09:21 AM

62,872 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
OG...abortion was not been considered murder since time in momoriam. Not until the 1850's did folk start to want to ban it.
It was socially and legally unacceptable however until the moral decay of our society that made it legal. Women used to have back room abortions. My point is that if you don't protect yourself from pregnancy then be accountable for it and at least give human life a chance to live. I understand that there is rape and incest involved sometimes and I am not talking about that. When the woman's life is in danger giving birth that's another story also.

Old 04-01-2013, 09:22 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,197,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Yes, I did and I the why isn't relevant if it's just to not be inconvienced for 9 months.
That's easy for you to say, when YOU aren't the one who has to change your eating, sleeping, exercise patterns, might have to quit schooling, or your job, and could have permanent medical issues from pregnancy.

Old 04-01-2013, 09:23 AM

62,872 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
You need to find work to occupy your time. Truly.

Why have an abortion? Because I don't want a kid, that's why. Pretty simple.
Then don't hit the sack unprotected. Simple, isn't it?

Old 04-01-2013, 09:24 AM

1,873 posts, read 2,405,257 times
Intelligent people aren't provoked by an OP like this (like so many on this looney subforum). Too bad about 5-10% of the threads are worth discussion.

Have at it...

Old 04-01-2013, 09:24 AM

470 posts, read 438,321 times
Quote:
This is the most obnoxious and intrusive question I've ever seen on this board. The answer is PRIVATE and none of your business jt. You are certainly a very nosy individual.

With all due respect if you believe in God. There are numerous teachings in Scripture that make it abundantly clear what God’s view of abortion is. Jeremiah 1:5 tells us that God knows us before He forms us in the womb. Psalm 139:13-16 speaks of God’s active role in our creation and formation in the womb. Exodus 21:22-25 prescribes the same penalty—death—for someone who causes the death of a baby in the womb as for someone who commits murder. This clearly indicates that God considers a baby in the womb to be as human as a full-grown adult. For the Christian, abortion is not a matter of a woman’s right to choose. It is a matter of the life or death of a human being made in God’s image (Genesis 1:26-27; 9:6).

So for the women out there that believe in God. Please reconsider your decision if your thinking of having an abortion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies