Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2013, 03:19 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,844,821 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
I'm sure someone is going to get the ACLU after this. This church needs to lose its tax-exempt status!
Which political candidate was the sermon either in support of or against?

From the portions of the sermon that were posted it would appear that thesermon was well within the bounds for the church keeping its tax-exempt status.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2013, 03:28 PM

1,209 posts, read 1,036,288 times
If George Bush were in that church yesterday instead of President Obama we would not have heard a peep about this. This just gives right wingers another much ado about nothing to whine about.

Old 04-01-2013, 03:48 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,782,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wytrvn View Post
If George Bush were in that church yesterday instead of President Obama we would not have heard a peep about this. This just gives right wingers another much ado about nothing to whine about.
Well, there you have it. Barack Obama's going to (yet another) the white-man-is-the-one-holding-us-down preacher....

...is all George W. Bush's fault.

How much more futile can these leftist sycophants get?

Old 04-01-2013, 04:03 PM

62,942 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Pastor at Obama’s Easter Church Service: ‘Captains of the Religious Right’ Want Blacks ‘in the Back of the Bus,’ Women ‘Back in the Kitchen’ | TheBlaze.com

Since having to throw his previous "pastor" under the bus in 2008, Obama has been without one for quite a while. Well folks, the wait may be over. Obama may have found his man.

While I dont find Obama to be very religious in the first place, let's face it, he used Wrights church for political gain, little more. Im sure he wouldnt mind having another house of hate to visit a little more often.

I hope this so called man of God gets interviewed by someone. Id love to know just who these "captains" are that want to send blacks to the back of the bus, or women back into the kitchen. Because they dont exist.

And how Godly, to use Easter Service as a means to attack a political side. Jesus would be so proud.... Pastor my ass. What a fraud. But how FITTING for Obama to be at such a service. He fits right in.
WTH? I don't know of any religious people that would call themselves religous by advocating for blacks to go to the back of the bus again, whether they be a righty or a lefty. Is this guy for real? Women should back to the kitchen? Who the hell ever said that? Immigrants to go back to their side of the border? Is he blurring the lines between legals and illegals? Me thinks so! He's a pastor? I thought pastors were supposed to be above lying and smearing people? What a despicable POS!

Quote:
"“It drives me crazy when the captains of the religious right are always calling us back…for blacks to be back in the back of the bus…for women to be back in the kitchen…for immigrants to be back on their side of the border,” Rev. Dr. Luis Leon said in his sermon, according to the White House press pool report."

Old 04-01-2013, 04:12 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,669,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
I hope this so called man of God gets interviewed by someone. Id love to know just who these "captains" are that want to send blacks to the back of the bus, or women back into the kitchen. Because they dont exist.

And how Godly, to use Easter Service as a means to attack a political side. Jesus would be so proud.... Pastor my ass. What a fraud. But how FITTING for Obama to be at such a service. He fits right in.
Yes, he does fit right in. The most hateful, devisive president in my lifetime, for sure.

I don't know any of those "captains", either, but perhaps when you live in a liberal bubble, you see them everywhere, including in your dreams.

Silly, foolish man (both of them).

[MOD CUT]

Last edited by Ibginnie; 04-01-2013 at 05:06 PM.. Reason: Deleted quoted post and reply

Old 04-01-2013, 04:15 PM

62,942 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wytrvn View Post
Oh no, we'd hear plenty from you left wingers. The whole conservation would be going like it is now except in reverse. Much ado about nothing? Lies and smears are nothing?

Old 04-01-2013, 04:15 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,036,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Yes, he does fit right in. The most hateful, devisive president in my lifetime, for sure.

I don't know any of those "captains", either, but perhaps when you live in a liberal bubble, you see them everywhere, including in your dreams.

Silly, foolish man (both of them).

She quit. lol.
What kills me is that Obama has the ability to be so much better than he has been. I think this type of crap, his entire life, has hurt him from really doing something for the better. He has shown signs of being capable of being an effective leader but his radicalism has held him back.

Old 04-01-2013, 04:21 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,700,795 times
[MOD CUT]

The church that keeps a "presidential pew" and that has been visited by every president since James Madison?

Anyway, for those who really cannot parse a sermon properly:

"Quoting from John 20:1-18, Leon said in the same way that Jesus told Mary Magdalene not to hold on to him, it is time for conservatives to stop holding on to what he considers outdated stances in matters of race, gender equality, homosexuals and immigrants."

Makes perfect sense to me.

Obama attends Easter service; minister criticizes ‘captains of the religious right’ - The Washington Post

And, the fact that people are so defensive about this, suggests that the good reverend has struck a rather loud chord.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 04-01-2013 at 05:07 PM.. Reason: Deleted quoted post and reply

Old 04-01-2013, 04:27 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,860,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
"Hate filled?"

The church that keeps a "presidential pew" and that has been visited by every president since James Madison?

Anyway, for those who really cannot parse a sermon properly:

"Quoting from John 20:1-18, Leon said in the same way that Jesus told Mary Magdalene not to hold on to him, it is time for conservatives to stop holding on to what he considers outdated stances in matters of race, gender equality, homosexuals and immigrants."

Makes perfect sense to me.

Obama attends Easter service; minister criticizes ‘captains of the religious right’ - The Washington Post

And, the fact that people are so defensive about this, suggests that the good reverend has struck a rather loud chord.
From everything I've read, sounds like a hate filled sermon to me. Last time I checked, churches were tax exempt and were to be non political. If this pastor plans to preach hate politics, make the church pay taxes....yank their exempt status.

Old 04-01-2013, 04:29 PM

59,040 posts, read 27,298,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
You can preach whatever you want from the pulpit but if you want the tax break you can't get involved in political campaigns.
I'll remember that and repeat it the next time the dems jump all over the repubs like they have in the past!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies