Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2013, 06:49 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
And desertdetroiter is just an example of someone who thinks they know it all.

The poor are poor for a reason.

People, especially the worker thinks it is easy to run a business yet they never ran one. If you are into sports you call it the monday morning quarter back. The question is, why not? People who are whiners think they have all the answers so what exactly is stopping them? For the OP to even ask the question shows how terribly clueless people are.

People go into business to make a profit. They are not social institutions where they owe anyone a job.
That's nice.

But what are you telling me this stuff for? I never said anything about how a business should be run.

Furthermore, seeing as how you've never owned or ran a business, you've got no real cause to preach to me about it. Why should I listen to you? What qualifies you to yammer on about business.

I mean, "the poor are poor for a reason?" Lol...wow, that's profound. Never heard that one before. Great original piece of thinking you did there.

"People go into business to make a profit!" Where'd you learn that? You're a CD Paul Krugman. Lol..

Anyway...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2013, 06:50 PM

545 posts, read 400,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Again...the rich can advocate for themselves. Believe me when I say that they're certainly not advocating anything good for folks in the lower classes such as yourself.

And I didn't say perpetual bills...I said perpetual STRUGGLE to pay your bills. Because YOU DO have bills just like the rest if us.
This is what I said :

"It's not that we are trying to "protect the rich". It's just that we don't we don't have time for these silly class warfare tactics that won't even work. "Just raise some taxes on the rich and everything will be fine", when it has been shown that people of all income brackets will change things up to avoid those new higher taxes. So while liberals insist that its the "fair" thing to do, the damn plan won't even work. It's not about "protecting" anyone. It's about what will work in the real world of economics and equality. Something the left claims to be about."

I'm not trying to advocate for the rich. I am trying to advocate for the economy. The liberals in their endless crusade against those that make more then a buck more then themselves are hurting everyone in the process. Can't make that clearer. But I guess what's good for the overall nation and economy can take a backseat to liberal indignation and self-righteousness. Is what I am getting from you.

The left are always saying "why are you protecting the rich?" as if they are purposely setting out to cause them harm. Otherwise, why would it be seen as anyone trying to "protect" them for daring to speak out against it.?

If I had a "perpetual struggle" to pay bills, being here would be the last thing I would do. You know what I meant, playing word games, semantics and back paddling isn't gonna work. But keep "rolling your eyes" like you are making a point that doesn't even exist.

And you can make assumptions about what class I am in?. Good, I can do the same. You are clearly in the lower class, maybe even poor, for you lean left, don't know **** about the economy and want to stick it to the rich. That was fun.

Last edited by EricGold; 04-03-2013 at 07:09 PM..

Old 04-03-2013, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Obama is the only president that I know of who ran on raising taxes. Notice it was all about Obama getting more revenue for his green energy, not to help the middle class and the poor. He told the jealous people what they wanted to hear. Vote.. vote... vote for revenge. Too bad the sad saps that cheered didn't realize that those increase in taxes would "trickle down" to them in one form or another (loss of job, moved to part time, higher prices, drop in hiring, wage freezes). I didn't realize that people were so stupid but after this past election I sure know why they are poor.
You think that is bad?

Death spiral: Hours cut, workers pushed to part-time due to Obamacare; ‘They keep cutting my hours’

These people, even when told that what they are doing is going to harm themselves in the long run, still follow through with it and act shocked when they get screwed over like you said, vote for revenge, vote with your lady parts, vote to stick it to the rich. Even now, they keep pushing their agenda ($9 minimum wage) and when that too backfire, they still won't get it and I bet they are going to blame everyone but themselves for their idiocy.

I will never forget overhearing someone scream with glee at Obama's re-election and 4 months later she was laid off from her job. Just sad.

Old 04-03-2013, 07:01 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,361,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
I am the offspring of a person who ran a failed business because someone suggested to that person to start a business.

It's not that simple to just start a business. You must not only have an idea, but you must have capital, access to expertise, and knowledge of the market. Many businesses fail out there because they haven't done the research on how to make their business thrive.

All the different topics that relate to business:

minimum wage
union greed
corporate greed
healthcare
government regulations

...An opinion on these topics is supposed to be defended without having to resort to tell someone to start their own business.

If you have to tell someone to start their own business to make a point then all you're saying is you think you are arguing with someone that doesn't have knowledge on how to run a business.
That's true enough, sometimes.
I ran my own business for 15 years, then closed it and went to work for others, then went back on my own again several times.

This statistic may be old, but when I was a proprietor, 80% of new businesses failed in a 18 months or less. My shop was almost totally serving other businesses, and I did a ton of work for individuals and companies that sunk like a rock in that time span. After a while, I could predict which would last or fail pretty accurately.

I once went to a meeting where a bunch of employees of a very large business here were considering leaving and going out on their own. I sat next to 2 of them on a couch, and listened to them talking about how, as a small group, they could all make a lot more money and work a lot less.
I started laughing, and said they were being naive and delusional. I did the same work as they did, and I said I typically worked 6 days a week, 10 hours a day, and had gritted out 2 recessions when I never knew from one week to the next if I would have any work or not.

Both looked at me blankly, then continued on with their conversation just as before. Needless to say, none of that bunch ever went independent.

The fact is, most folks aren't cut out to be their own boss. And of all occupations, I think farmers are the very most suited to own a business.

Old 04-03-2013, 11:27 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Is that what you're REALLY angry about? People leaving you alone on your shift at the fryer while they go run off to chat on internet forums?

Why don't you tell the boss? I would if i were you.
You failed in your first attempt at being dismissive, I have no idea why you thought another attempt would be any better.

Old 04-04-2013, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
You failed in your first attempt at being dismissive, I have no idea why you thought another attempt would be any better.
Being dismissive of you is failure-proof.

Old 04-04-2013, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricGold View Post
This is what I said :

"It's not that we are trying to "protect the rich". It's just that we don't we don't have time for these silly class warfare tactics that won't even work. "Just raise some taxes on the rich and everything will be fine", when it has been shown that people of all income brackets will change things up to avoid those new higher taxes. So while liberals insist that its the "fair" thing to do, the damn plan won't even work. It's not about "protecting" anyone. It's about what will work in the real world of economics and equality. Something the left claims to be about."

I'm not trying to advocate for the rich. I am trying to advocate for the economy. The liberals in their endless crusade against those that make more then a buck more then themselves are hurting everyone in the process. Can't make that clearer. But I guess what's good for the overall nation and economy can take a backseat to liberal indignation and self-righteousness. Is what I am getting from you.

The left are always saying "why are you protecting the rich?" as if they are purposely setting out to cause them harm. Otherwise, why would it be seen as anyone trying to "protect" them for daring to speak out against it.?

If I had a "perpetual struggle" to pay bills, being here would be the last thing I would do. You know what I meant, playing word games, semantics and back paddling isn't gonna work. But keep "rolling your eyes" like you are making a point that doesn't even exist.

And you can make assumptions about what class I am in?. Good, I can do the same. You are clearly in the lower class, maybe even poor, for you lean left, don't know **** about the economy and want to stick it to the rich. That was fun.
And yet, here you are.

Old 04-04-2013, 06:32 PM

23,862 posts, read 24,111,507 times
Quote:
This is an internet forum. I'm not stupid enough to believe that anyone on C-D tells actual business owners how to run their business.
So all those pro-union posts you've written and all the virulent hate you've spewed against anti-union actions are just a figment of the rest of our imaginations?

Old 04-04-2013, 06:38 PM

Quote:
And yet, here you are.
Once more. If I had a struggle paying bills, being in a internet forum would be the last place I would want to be. Since I am here, logic dictates that I don't have a struggle to pay bills. Please, this is not hard. I know we have our differences but come on.

Old 04-04-2013, 06:50 PM

23,862 posts, read 24,111,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
I dont read every post on this site, but i havent seen anyone say business owners should have their salaries limited.
//www.city-data.com/forum/28868832-post1.html

Not the only instance I've seen, just the most recent and easiest to find. There are PLENTY of examples on this forum, if you look around enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies