Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2013, 08:42 AM

50,289 posts, read 47,043,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Last time I checked I have never killed anyone so I'm not sure what your talking about.
Ya, me either. I've been to jail for a lot of things but shooting someone wasn't on the list.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

12,287 posts, read 9,822,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
How do I know that? You seem to be awfully worried that you might lose your right to own a high-capacity magazine. Why do you need one? Why would losing the right to buy one cause you to suffer? As far as I can see the only suffering you might incur would be like a child who loses a toy...not exactly serious hardship.
It has nothing to do about needs.

And losing civil rights is a serious issue, maybe you missed the 60's.

Why don't you just want everyone locked up in a padded room, its the only way you will know that someone won't hurt someone else.

945 posts, read 968,382 times
Quote:
Which do you think would cause more suffering----you not being able to own a high-capacity magazine, or the suffering of the parents whose 5 and 6 -years olds were killed at Newtown? Whose suffering do you think should count more in determining gun control laws?

Whose freedom matters more? Your freedom to own a bunch of toys, or the freedom of innocent children not to be shot to death?
Because you are too stupid to actually have a normal conversation with: I'd rather have my HC magazine.

People die everyday, open the obituary if you get upset over death. I got news, you will be upset everyday of your life.

You're just like a small child that cries, pure emotion and no logic or reason and it takes us parental figures to explain to you that life isn't fair.

Suffering is subjective, I wouldn't trade my dog's life for those 20 kids. Being principled is difficult for half-men and cowards.

Old 04-03-2013, 08:43 AM

10,553 posts, read 9,650,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
ITS FOR THE BABIES

Pathetic
BABY can't have his high-capacity magazine !!!

Old 04-03-2013, 08:44 AM

Ellemint, maybe you could explain this

Old 04-03-2013, 08:47 AM

10,553 posts, read 9,650,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
It has nothing to do about needs.

And losing civil rights is a serious issue, maybe you missed the 60's.

Why don't you just want everyone locked up in a padded room, its the only way you will know that someone won't hurt someone else.
If you don't need one, why would not being able to purchase high-capacity magazines cause you suffering?

Twenty dead children killed in under 5 minutes is a serious issue too.

Old 04-03-2013, 08:51 AM

Quote:
If you don't need one, why would not being able to purchase high-capacity magazines cause you suffering?

Twenty dead children killed in under 5 minutes is a serious issue too.
I hope the police search your house one day without a warrant because you don't need your right to illegal search and seizure.

Old 04-03-2013, 08:54 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,407,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by derosterreich View Post
Because you are too stupid to actually have a normal conversation with: I'd rather have my HC magazine.

People die everyday, open the obituary if you get upset over death. I got news, you will be upset everyday of your life.

You're just like a small child that cries, pure emotion and no logic or reason and it takes us parental figures to explain to you that life isn't fair.

Suffering is subjective, I wouldn't trade my dog's life for those 20 kids. Being principled is difficult for half-men and cowards.
Well, gee, I thought calling someone stupid was considered a personal attack on this site.

You continued to post about making "objective," "principled" and non-emotional judgements about things; however, seems to me that your every post is pure EMOTION. Do you really think the above is NOT emotional?

Old 04-03-2013, 09:08 AM

5,563 posts, read 4,262,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by derosterreich View Post
I won't stop me, give up my gun in another state because CT has 20 people die? Child please, #colddeadhands
Um, I guess you're forgetting that this is, you know, Connecticut? How does this affect you?

I suppose you just enjoy typing "cold dead hands" because it makes you feel manly or something.

Old 04-03-2013, 09:12 AM

3,216 posts, read 2,085,057 times
Quote:
How does it make any law-abiding citizen more vulnerable? When was the last time any law-abiding citizen needed an assault weapon with a 30-bullet magazine?
Any natural or man made disaster. Hurricane Katrina for instance. Proprietors protecting their business during a riot. Youths in America trying to get into college on a carbine shooting team scholorship. How a bout anyone who wants to have MORE firepower than thier assailants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies