Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2013, 09:50 AM

945 posts, read 968,261 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
You DO know that zombies aren't real? And the dead really won't walk again and eat you? Another fondler fantasy.

I apologize, I took it for granted that you knew what a simile was. I hope part of your 'full-time mom' rigorous work week doesn't involve homeschooling your kids, they would have a better shot in the Atlanta school system.

Fondle a couple Xanax pills and a glass of water for your own sake.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2013, 09:54 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,524,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by derosterreich View Post
I apologize, I took it for granted that you knew what a simile was. I hope part of your 'full-time mom' rigorous work week doesn't involve homeschooling your kids, they would have a better shot in the Atlanta school system.

Fondle a couple Xanax pills and a glass of water for your own sake.
You sound unhappy. You need the Xanax . My job calls; I hope you have one

Old 04-03-2013, 10:05 AM

3,216 posts, read 2,084,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Which do you think would cause more suffering----you not being able to own a high-capacity magazine, or the suffering of the parents whose 5 and 6 -years olds were killed at Newtown? Whose suffering do you think should count more in determining gun control laws?

Whose freedom matters more? Your freedom to own a bunch of toys, or the freedom of innocent children not to be shot to death?
So limiting my ability to defend myself, and possibly making me a victim somehow ease the suffering of these parents?

I assure you that the tool that I use to defend myself and my staff at my place of business, (which has been robbed before) is not a toy.

Why is the firearm I use for self defense a toy, but the gun used in these mass shootings in not a toy?

You know, I know, everyone knows, including our legislators, that there will be more mass shootings in the future. None of this legislation will save even 1 life. It is because I value precious human life that I am against any gun laws that limit our ability to defend ourselves.

Old 04-03-2013, 10:06 AM

10,553 posts, read 9,649,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
After reading jmqueen and ellemint's posts I'm all for more stringent mental health checks for gun owners/future buyers. These two are perfect examples of people that should NOT be allowed to purchase firearms. I could only imagine what would happen with the mental attitudes , closed mindedness and rage they have.
The only rage being expressed on this thread are by the gun-lovers....and yes, I am worried that people like this own guns.

Old 04-03-2013, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
So limiting my ability to defend myself, and possibly making me a victim somehow ease the suffering of these parents?

I assure you that the tool that I use to defend myself and my staff at my place of business, (which has been robbed before) is not a toy.

Why is the firearm I use for self defense a toy, but the gun used in these mass shootings in not a toy?

You know, I know, everyone knows, including our legislators, that there will be more mass shootings in the future. None of this legislation will save even 1 life. It is because I value precious human life that I am against any gun laws that limit our ability to defend ourselves.

I was calling it a toy because that poster couldn't come up with a single reason why he needed a high-capacity magazine or how not having one would cause him "suffering."

How do you know this legislation won't save lives? States with stricter gun laws have fewer gun deaths. States that remove guns from domestic violence perpetrators with restraining orders have about 5 times fewer domestic violence gun assaults and homicides than states that do not. If a mass shooter is not able to buy a high-capacity magazine in his state, he may end up using a less deadly weapon, and killing fewer innocent people. You don't know. You're not psychic.

Old 04-03-2013, 10:20 AM

12,287 posts, read 9,820,687 times
Quote:
The only rage being expressed on this thread are by the gun-lovers....and yes, I am worried that people like this own guns.
I've never seen someone so irrationally afraid of a chunk of metal and plastic as you. Why don't you just come out and say you want everyone gun banned and taken away, at least be honest with yourself.

Old 04-03-2013, 10:32 AM

12,287 posts, read 9,820,687 times
Quote:
I was calling it a toy because that poster couldn't come up with a single reason why he needed a high-capacity magazine or how not having one would cause him "suffering."

How do you know this legislation won't save lives? States with stricter gun laws have fewer gun deaths. States that remove guns from domestic violence perpetrators with restraining orders have about 5 times fewer domestic violence gun assaults and homicides than states that do not. If a mass shooter is not able to buy a high-capacity magazine in his state, he may end up using a less deadly weapon, and killing fewer innocent people. You don't know. You're not psychic.
A standard capacity magazine would be very useful. Like in this case when someone was home when 4 did a home invasion.
3 wounded, one intruder dead in Sacramento home invasion
And another example of a home invasion by 4 people
4 intruders hurt man during home invasion: police - Nova Scotia - CBC News
And another with 3 people invading someone's home while they sleep
UPDATE: Three men try to knock down bedroom door during home invasion
And another
Deputies: Homeowner shoots 2 intruders dead, third runs off | WTVR.com

Here are many examples of when a standard capacity magazine would be a good idea. This is especially true for seniors and those with disabilities as some firearm operation could be more difficult.

I'm still waiting for you to tell me why this makes sense

Old 04-03-2013, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
A standard capacity magazine would be very useful. Like in this case when someone was home when 4 did a home invasion.
3 wounded, one intruder dead in Sacramento home invasion
And another example of a home invasion by 4 people
4 intruders hurt man during home invasion: police - Nova Scotia - CBC News
And another with 3 people invading someone's home while they sleep
UPDATE: Three men try to knock down bedroom door during home invasion
And another
Deputies: Homeowner shoots 2 intruders dead, third runs off | WTVR.com

Here are many examples of when a standard capacity magazine would be a good idea. This is especially true for seniors and those with disabilities as some firearm operation could be more difficult.

I'm still waiting for you to tell me why this makes sense
But several gun-owners on here have said repeatedly that there is nothing special about a weapon with high-capacity magazine, that anyone can do as much damage with other types of guns, so would a high-capacity magazine weapon be needed in those situations or in any other?

Old 04-03-2013, 10:42 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,973,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
You know the answer. They tell us that without a moment's hesitation that their fun is more important. And that anyone who thinks otherwise is "emotional" or "exploiting" the deaths of those children. You know, the ones they cry crocodile tears over if it gives them the opportunity to advocate for MORE guns.

As if a single one of these obsessive gun perverts gives one single, solitary rat's azz about the Constitution.

It's about fun. It's about bragging to your friends. It's about making up for your shortcomings as a human being. It's about getting that little tingle down there when you type "cold dead hands." It's about pretending you're a badass and talking about "taking out perps" and other Hollywood fantasies.

For this, people must die. Children must be shredded beyond recognition by their own parents. It's all. about. the fun.
If you truly believe this garbage, I'll be sure to ignore your begging when someday you NEED protection, be it from your government or the crackhead down the street.

Because a person that uses the death of children to promote their flawed and unconstitutional grab for guns that didn't CAUSE this shooting is not human.

Old 04-03-2013, 10:44 AM

5,563 posts, read 4,261,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
If you truly believe this garbage, I'll be sure to ignore your begging when someday you NEED protection, be it from your government or the crackhead down the street.

Because a person that uses the death of children to promote their flawed and unconstitutional grab for guns that didn't CAUSE this shooting is not human.
Exhibit A.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies