Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2013, 10:05 AM

58,726 posts, read 26,998,537 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
I was calling it a toy because that poster couldn't come up with a single reason why he needed a high-capacity magazine or how not having one would cause him "suffering."

How do you know this legislation won't save lives? States with stricter gun laws have fewer gun deaths. States that remove guns from domestic violence perpetrators with restraining orders have about 5 times fewer domestic violence gun assaults and homicides than states that do not. If a mass shooter is not able to buy a high-capacity magazine in his state, he may end up using a less deadly weapon, and killing fewer innocent people. You don't know. You're not psychic.
"that poster couldn't come up with a single reason why he needed a high-capacity magazine or how not having one would cause him "suffering."

I can give one.

4 criminals, they are called criminal because they broke the law, break into your house. Because they ARE criminals they EACH have a gun that holds 15 rounds, there are hundreds of thousands of 15 round magazines out there today, you do know what rounds are I hope.

You just bought your gun because your area is stating to have more break ins.

BY LAW your new gun only has 9 rounds.

Let's see, they have 60 rounds available immediately. You have 9. Does this make sense to you?

Even if it is only 1 intruder, you are outgunned. Who do you think has the advantage?

In order to protect YOUR children which would YOU prefer?

IF you lost the life of just 1 of your children because YOU didn't have enough rounds available, how much suffering would YOU have knowing that if you had more you just might have saved that life?

"How do you know this legislation won't save lives?" How do you KNOW it will?

What part of the new law do think will save lives and why? Keep in mind criminals DON'T obey the law.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2013, 10:07 AM

5,563 posts, read 4,249,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"that poster couldn't come up with a single reason why he needed a high-capacity magazine or how not having one would cause him "suffering."

I can give one.

4 criminals, they are called criminal because they broke the law, break into your house. Because they ARE criminals they EACH have a gun that holds 15 rounds, there are hundreds of thousands of 15 round magazines out there today, you do know what rounds are I hope.

Let's see, they have 60 rounds available immediately. You have 9. Does this make sense to you?

Even if it is only 1 intruder, you are outgunned. Who do you think has the advantage?

What part of the new law do think will save lives and why? Keep in mind criminals DON'T obey the law.
Ridiculous. Every gun fetishist on this board swears that knives and baseball bats are as dangerous as guns.

Protect yourself with them. Or admit that guns are more dangerous than knives and baseball bats.

You. Cannot. Have. It. Both. Ways.

Old 04-04-2013, 10:08 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,949,056 times
Quote:
Keep in mind criminals DON'T obey the law.

Nothing more needs to be said. I don't know why this is so hard for some of those on the far left to comprehend?

Old 04-04-2013, 10:09 AM

46,189 posts, read 26,935,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
Ridiculous. Every gun fetishist on this board swears that knives and baseball bats are as dangerous as guns.

Protect yourself with them. Or admit that guns are more dangerous than knives and baseball bats.

The FBI has proven this.....shotguns and RIFLES anyway....

Why should YOU decide what I defend myself with?

Old 04-04-2013, 10:09 AM

10,553 posts, read 9,622,208 times
Quote:

I can give one.

I have a better chance of winning the lottery than I do of experiencing that scenario. That type of incident is very rare, and when it does happen, I believe it is often people that the homeowner knows, and also there is already something nefarious going on, like the drug trade.

Old 04-04-2013, 10:10 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,161,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by derosterreich View Post
Citizens of Connecticut should be outraged. Not only does this law not make any sense from a rights standpoint, it is easily circumvented by merely driving out of state or country.

It is quite comical that Adam Lanza wouldn't have been stopped if these foolish laws would have been on the books.

Read for yourself, baffling, sad and telling of our times. We are truly two countries, heading on to an epic showdown of culture and way of life.

Meanwhile, in Georgia a symbolic law was passed to mandate gun ownership however there is obviously no penalty to not own one. It was a gesture to the criminal element that they promote and advocate armed citizens protecting themselves, property and fellow citizens in conjunction with the LEO.

This is classic example of two places both sending messages. One is similar to a child, who is full of emotion instead of wisdom and principles simply trying to fix the past with irrational action in the future.

The other is clearly an example of sticking to bedrock beliefs despite adversity, emotion and pressure.

It draws a clear line, it highlights the American cowards from the rest.

BBC News - Connecticut agrees to sweeping gun laws after Newtown
Conn. proposals on guns, other items after Newtown - News - Boston.com

how many gun makers will be leaving those states and how many jobs will be going wih them.

15,896 posts, read 11,949,056 times
Quote:

Hey, I'll use a knife or a ball bat to protect myself too if that is what it comes down to. Either way, I'll do my best to mimize a threat to myself, or my family if attacked, or my home is broken into.

The cops can sort the mess out later, as they're usually there after the fact anyway.

10,553 posts, read 9,622,208 times
Quote:

And yet, if all weapons were equal, they wouldn't need their guns would they?

Old 04-04-2013, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
The FBI has proven this.....shotguns and RIFLES anyway....

Why should YOU decide what I defend myself with?
Why would you buy guns when knives are just as effective and much cheaper? Unless, of course, it's not really about self-defense. I understand that guns are way more fun than knives. So children, students, shoppers and teachers get to die regularly so you can have fun.

Glad you folks are finally admitting it.

Old 04-04-2013, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
And yet, if all weapons were equal, they wouldn't need their guns would they?
Yes, and the disjointed responses to my post are already proving that it has nothing to do with self-defense.

They have to call the NRA for something a little more coherent and get back to us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies