Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How would you rate your sexual orientation?
Heterosexual, absolutely 0 interest/curiosity in members of the same sex 225 61.31%
Heterosexual, bi-curious, slight/minimal interest/curiosity in members of the same sex 45 12.26%
Bisexual, lean more towards heterosexual 21 5.72%
Bisexual, 50/50 7 1.91%
Bisexual, lean more towards homosexual 10 2.72%
Homosexual, bi-curious, slight/minimal interest/curiosity in members of the opposite sex 16 4.36%
Homosexual, absolutely 0 interest/curiosity in members of the opposite sex 43 11.72%
Voters: 367. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2013, 02:41 PM

600 posts, read 659,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
I thought rather the same thing, he doth protest too much. I am 100% gay, no sexual interest in women, never did and never will, but I am not repulsed by the female body, just not sexually interested in them. I had a good female friend with a pulled shoulder muscle, I did accupressure on her back and shoulder while she was nude from the waist up, did that for two years. Also used my accupressure skills on another female friend when she went into labor. I performed accupressure on her hips for nine hours and she was fully naked and encompassed within my arms and body. Most amazing thing I have ever done, I was never ever repulsed. I think both the female and male body are beautiful results of our evolutionary path, I just happen to be sexually attracted to the male physique.
how can you be 100% gay

how can you be 100% anything, when it comes to the very broad realm of feelings (not action or deeds but feelings)?

the case is even weaker for you as a homosexual claiming this than for a heterosexual to claim this. Buried down deep in every biological organism is the goal of procreation! I assure you that somewhere in your psyche, especially ID, is some kind of attraction to the opposite sex, if for no other reason to satisfy the selfish goal all men have on some level to 'lay their seed' in this world.

Did you value your mother? Was she at some point the closest human being there was to you? If the first person most people actually fall in love with is their mother, how can you claim you have no sense of attraction to the opposite sex of any kind.

and these women you speak of in your post who you must have a very close relationship with but aren't related to; do you see any value in them. if you do then you have some sort of attraction to them, that however limited is in some way sexual, perhaps not to the point of arousal but still sexual in even the least significant aspect.

according to Freud, the majority of human behavior is in some way sexual.

and even to the previous poster who claimed repulsion at the male body, therefore he claims he is 100% heterosexual. repulsion or hate actually signifies and level of importance; so he obviously puts a value on other male bodies and is not 100% straight when it comes to feelings.

the only way to signify absolutely no interest in one sex or the other is to absolutely not care about anyone in anyway who is of the opposite sex and then in turn not care about yourself; ever. and to do so would mean this person is really not human, in every well meaning sense of the word...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2013, 03:55 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,941,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by niedo View Post

... the case is even weaker for you as a homosexual claiming this than for a heterosexual to claim this. Buried down deep in every biological organism is the goal of procreation! I assure you that somewhere in your psyche, especially ID, is some kind of attraction to the opposite sex, if for no other reason to satisfy the selfish goal all men have on some level to 'lay their seed' in this world ...
I cannot agree with this. I do not think every living organism - certainly not every single human - has a "goal" of procreation. Where did you come up with that? What are your sources? Yes, I do believe bisexuality is more widespread than most people imagine, and certainly many gay men might have latent bisexual tendencies (ditto for straight men), but let's face it: some people are straight and some are gay and both have zero interest in having sex that is unappealing to their sexual orientation.

Now a straight guy can admire a male body builder's physique and a straight woman can admire the beauty of a female movie star ... but that doesn't mean they want to have sex with that person. Gay guys often idolize and worship beautiful females like Liz Taylor and Marilyn Monroe, but engaging in a heterosexual sex act is not part of it.

So, can there be some sort of "attraction"? Probably. Is it sexual? No.

Old 07-08-2013, 06:10 PM

642 posts, read 1,113,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoD Guy View Post
Sorry, I feel we are being overexposed to 2% of the population that are homosexual. Every news show, TV show, movie,etc talks about homosexuals lately. Tired of these folk being portrayed as some kind of victims. They have gone from being persecuted to becoming the persecutors. They despise and want to attack any institutions that will not "celebrate" them. I am totally fed up with these folk. They are beyond obnoxious.
No need to apologize

I'm wondering though where you got this 2% figure from? So far on this poll 58 people self identified as gay, which would be 2% of 2,900, yet there have only been 348 reposes. Is there a gross underrepresentation of straight people on this survey? An overrepresentation of gay people?

While I don't believe the gay population is as high as 16%, where the survey stands now, I find it hard to believe that it's as low as 2%.

Old 07-08-2013, 07:33 PM

4,422 posts, read 6,258,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abqpsychlist View Post
I'm just curious to see what the C-D demographics are in terms of sexual orientation.
Are you coming on to us?

Old 07-08-2013, 07:37 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,520,074 times
This topic explains so much here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies