Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2013, 11:37 AM

977 posts, read 762,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I've checked out paleoconservatism. I see some elements in it that are racist. I don't like it.
I have read LIEberal quotes from the last 100 years. They are consistently racist. Dems invented the KKK and have used blacks to get elected.

Old 04-08-2013, 11:41 AM

4,837 posts, read 4,160,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by butkus51 View Post
I have read LIEberal quotes from the last 100 years. They are consistently racist. Dems invented the KKK and have used blacks to get elected.
You must've been burned by a liberal in the past, that's the only explanation for your childish antics regarding liberals. It's pretty embarrassing for you. Interesting you saying dems use black to get elected when it's always conservatives that bring up the race issue & then try to spin it. See, like you've done w/this very post, bringing up race.

Old 04-08-2013, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
You must've been burned by a liberal in the past, that's the only explanation for your childish antics regarding liberals. It's pretty embarrassing for you. Interesting you saying dems use black to get elected when it's always conservatives that bring up the race issue & then try to spin it. See, like you've done w/this very post, bringing up race.
You must have your lips permanently attached to the LIEberal dogma. That is the only explanation for your apoplectic response. It's pretty typical of your species. Interesting you run from historical facts that make my point. You failed to address my claim. Instead, you do what all LIEberals do. Run every direction they can to avoid their true agenda. The history speaks for itself. Be adult enough to either cede my point or refute it. Denying reality is embarrassing.

Top Racist Democrat Quotes

And 'burned'? How? I've done just fine irrespective of what LIEberal POS held office or passed laws. It is the left that needs govt.

Old 04-08-2013, 11:54 AM

4,837 posts, read 4,160,178 times
Quote:
You must have your lips permanently attached to the LIEberal dogma. That is the only explanation for your apoplectic response. It's pretty typical of your species. Interesting you run from historical facts that make my point. You failed to address my claim. Instead, you do what all LIEberals do. Run every direction they can to avoid their true agenda. The history speaks for itself. Be adult enough to either cede my point or refute it. Denying reality is embarrassing.

Top Racist Democrat Quotes

And 'burned'? How? I've done just fine irrespective of what LIEberal POS held office or passed laws. It is the left that needs govt.
You might want to go & look up the definition of apopleptic. Then go & reread your posts. Then get back to me on that apopleptic, k?

Old 04-08-2013, 11:56 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,189,623 times
Quote:
The democrats in the south weren't liberals then. Learn some history. Southern Democrats were social conservatives until the "southern strategy" when they were all recruited to the republican party.
https://www.google.com/search?q=sout...hrome&ie=UTF-8

You should also know that the republicans in the north east and parts of the mid west also had almost nothing in common with what people in the south call "conservatives" today, particularly on social conservative issues. The party names stayed the same, but the people who joined them changed.

Old 04-08-2013, 12:00 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,917,756 times
Quote:
You equate "liberal" with "Democrat" without the understanding that the Democrats that supported the KKK 60 years ago were conservatives, not liberals. That undermines your entire claim that liberals are racists.

Civil rights wasn't split by the Democrat/Republican divide, it was liberal/conservative by North/South. You see, there was a time when there was such a thing as a liberal Republican. But they've been driven out of a once great party by the yahoos.

This is the vote on the Civil Rights Act:

By party and region

Note: "Southern", as used in this section, refers to members of Congress from the eleven states that made up the Confederate States of America in the American Civil War. "Northern" refers to members from the other 39 states, regardless of the geographic location of those states.

The original House version:

Southern Democrats: 7–87 (7–93%)
Southern Republicans: 0–10 (0–100%)

Northern Democrats: 145–9 (94–6%)
Northern Republicans: 138–24 (85–15%)

The Senate version:

Southern Democrats: 1–20 (5–95%)
Southern Republicans: 0–1 (0–100%)
Northern Democrats: 45–1 (98–2%)
Northern Republicans: 27–5 (84–16%)

Old 04-08-2013, 12:01 PM

13,562 posts, read 10,316,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Declan's Dad View Post
AHhh I see. When Democrats win it's the will of the people but when Republicans win it can only be explained by "gerrymandering."

Typical liberal response.
If you're following this thread closely, you'll notice that's not the only reason or explanation, but it is a factor in explaining why Republicans can do well in local or regional areas, and maintain political power/representation. This means that representatives in very heavily/safe Republican districts can maintain very hardline political stances (or even NEED to adapt very conservative positions) to win elections at the state, local levels. Unfortunately, these political positions don't translate very well to other regions or areas, and it helps explain why the GOP is fast becoming a regional party (centered in the Southeast and Southwest) in terms of appeal and reach.

But go ahead and stay in denial, I'm fine with it.

Old 04-08-2013, 12:02 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,253,497 times
If you are a LIEberal democRAT, you are festering boil on the arse of humanity. You are a snaky and deceptive pustule who sucks the life out of everything and everyone that is good and right. Slimy and deceptive miscreants who use minorities, the poor, women, children and the unborn as tools to get your perverted policies written into the law of the land. They are scum of the earth and should be viewed as rank flesh rotting in a garbage can. I would rather have ebola than be a LIEberal, democRATic POS. May they rot in hell ASAP.

Translation: Damn you for stopping us white men from controlling the nation's wealth and citizens, imposing our religion on you, exercising our bigotry against women and minorities, sending children into mines, and destroying the nation so we can profit from others' labor.

Old 04-08-2013, 12:08 PM

15,082 posts, read 14,291,533 times
Quote:
It's called gerrymandering - districting to your party's political advantage. It's American as apple pie.
Just as an aside, apple pie isn't American. It's British.

Old 04-08-2013, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
You might want to go & look up the definition of apopleptic. Then go & reread your posts. Then get back to me on that apopleptic, k?
Don't deflect lefty. And get your own material.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.