Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2013, 08:35 AM

20,718 posts, read 19,360,295 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Lol gotta love Obama who cares if the economy tanks we must mandate equality!!

Obama administration pushes banks to make home loans to people with weaker credit - The Washington Post

Yes he works for the FIRE sector. Now that they got housing and real estate at distressed prices its time to create demand . Anyone who did not see this coming is really slow on the up take.

As I have been saying, the solution is to balance the fiscal budget and have Americans borrow their way out of debt. They are following the plan. More private debt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2013, 08:35 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times
Obama was very much a part of the first meltdown and democrats do not hold him accountable so why wouldn't he try to get away with it again. He can just blame everyone else.

Old 04-03-2013, 08:38 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,298,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
Your second statement is not true, because the banks are denying loans to people who are perfectly capable of re-paying the loan.
" because the banks are denying loans to people who are perfectly capable of re-paying the loan."

That IS the point. They are NOT capable.

Your claim makes no sense to me, no insult intended.

IF the bank thought it was worth the risk, they would be MORE than happy to make the loan because THAT is how they make money.

Old 04-03-2013, 08:38 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,537,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
But its discrimination to not give those loans!!!!!!! And they already blamed Bush for everything, so they ignore the real causes of the first crisis which include the loans people like Obama wanting to force banks to give these loans.
The only difference is instead of greedy stupid bankers making those loans, the president is mandating that bankers make those loans. Did he not learn anything when the housing bubble burst? Seems to me the definition of stupid is doing the same thing that was done before and expecting different results. All that will happen is another housing bubbble burst when people who never should have been given loans in the first place default on those loans. We're having a hard enough time staggering back from the last bubble bursting. We do not need another one.

I'm in the process of refinancing my house at 65% of what I paid for it 18 years ago and I'm going to have to pay PMI because that doesn't give me 20% down. Seriously, we don't need to do this experiment again. We know how it ends.

Stupid is as stupid does...so much for needing a brain to be president.

Old 04-03-2013, 08:44 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,173,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
The only difference is instead of greedy stupid bankers making those loans, the president is mandating that bankers make those loans. Did he not learn anything when the housing bubble burst? Seems to me the definition of stupid is doing the same thing that was done before and expecting different results. All that will happen is another housing bubbble burst when people who never should have been given loans in the first place default on those loans. We're having a hard enough time staggering back from the last bubble bursting. We do not need another one.

I'm in the process of refinancing my house at 65% of what I paid for it 18 years ago and I'm going to have to pay PMI because that doesn't give me 20% down. Seriously, we don't need to do this experiment again. We know how it ends.

Stupid is as stupid does...so much for needing a brain to be president.

You can avoid paying PMI by doing an 80/15/5 loan.

Old 04-03-2013, 08:48 AM

50,276 posts, read 47,032,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
Why is this your hope? I don't have a preference either way; leave it up to banks, as it is their jobs.
If it's their job why do we need the pres pushing them? I'm quite ok with the current situation. I just refi'd at at a stupid cheap rate.

The comment about people with credit ruined by the recession is hilarious. It's like saying a thief is incarcerated because of the money.

Old 04-03-2013, 08:50 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times
Obama's 1995 lawsuit against big banks started inflating the housing bubble that created the mess he says he inherited. Under pressure from groups such as Acorn, was transformed into the mandatory credit issuance based not of creditworthiness, but on the basis of "fairness." they insisted, everyone had the "right" to own a home. So the banks were forced to issue loans to people who couldn't afford to pay them back.

Obama in helping to plant the seeds of economic collapse that he would exploit to his own political benefit later. He is doing it again.

Chicago 'Buycks' Lawsuit Plaintiffs

Old 04-03-2013, 08:52 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,730,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
If it's their job why do we need the pres pushing them?
We don't.

Quote:
I'm quite ok with the current situation. I just refi'd at at a stupid cheap rate.
I thought you wanted deregulation? Maybe I misunderstood your position, because the current situation is very heavily regulated, with tremendous amounts of capital being shoveled into the banking system by the fed.

Quote:
The comment about people with credit ruined by the recession is hilarious. It's like saying a thief is incarcerated because of the money.
i missed that comment

Old 04-03-2013, 08:52 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,298,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The Justice Deparment is being urged. The Justice Deparment is a part of the government, and they are being urged to assure the banks. Get it?
If you want to have an adult discussion, will engage.

If you want to get snarky and insulting, "Get it?" you can have a discussion with yourself.

You bold, "The Justice Deparment is a part of the government, " Is this supposed to make the claim that I am too stupid to know it?

Why would the Justice Department even be involved?

I can only go by what the Wash. Post article STATES. "The Obama administration is engaged in a broad push to make more home loans available to people with weaker credit,"

When the fed. gov't adopts a position and "pushes" for business to comply, they had better comply.

Old 04-03-2013, 08:57 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,818,961 times
In order to have a sound economic plan you must have a plan. Obama really does not know what to do other than maintain the status quo - which is keeping the entitled rich secure - at the expense of a whole nation. What do you expect of someone taking the highest office in the land? Once you are that high the pressure is on to maintain the elite that put you there. He can't help it- That is why he was elected. Not to fix the nation and improve the lot of the common person. He was installed to keep a rotting empire afloat..but the bottom of the boat has leaks that he does not care to see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies