Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2013, 08:22 AM

945 posts, read 964,382 times

Advertisements

On his radio show last night, Mark Levin had on newfound conservative “hero” Dr. Ben Carson to discuss all the lashings he’s received from the “left-wing media” over his views on gay marriage and religion. While discussing his being a black conservative, Carson told Levin that, in his experience, white liberals are the “most racist people there are.”
“They need to shut me up, they need to delegitimize me,” Carson told the radio host while explaining why he believes the media has scorned him for lumping homosexuality in with unsavory sexual acts like bestiality and pedophilia.
[LEFT]
Read more: Ben Carson: White Liberals Are 'The Most Racist People,' They Don’t Want Me To Leave 'Plantation' - Cleveland’s Newsradio WTAM 1100
[/LEFT]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2013, 08:25 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,010,603 times
So Carson is whining that people have an opinion on his opinion. The man needs to grow a pair and stop crying.

Old 04-03-2013, 08:46 AM

945 posts, read 964,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
So Carson is whining that people have an opinion on his opinion. The man needs to grow a pair and stop crying.

This guy is everything black's should hold dear. Self made, educated, reasonable and truly American the opposite of the plethora of idiots most are told to adore.

I.e. Al sharpton, Jessie Jackson, Jessie Jackson jr, BO, Eric Holder, etc. (all horrible role-models)

Old 04-03-2013, 09:00 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,520,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post

Of course, if statements like those made against Carson were also made against Obama, you would be leading the chorus of those screaming "Racism".

Typical liberal hypocrisy.

Old 04-03-2013, 09:05 AM

2,083 posts, read 1,613,872 times
Liberals go on the attack when a Black person doesn't vote "the way they're supposed to." Recall the controversy when Stacey Dash pledged support for Romney, or the racist comments made towards Allen West and Herman Cain for simply being Black Conservatives.

When a Black person dares to have their own political opinions that stray from what's expected of them, they're called Uncle Toms and treated as traitors. How is that not racist?

Old 04-03-2013, 09:05 AM

193 posts, read 339,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by derosterreich View Post
This guy is everything black's should hold dear. Self made, educated, reasonable and truly American the opposite of the plethora of idiots most are told to adore.

I.e. Al sharpton, Jessie Jackson, Jessie Jackson jr, BO, Eric Holder, etc. (all horrible role-models)
Only black people should hold dear?

Carson apologized for the remarks, saying that "the examples were not the best choice of words, and I certainly apologize if I offended anyone", adding that the Bible "says we have an obligation to love our fellow man as ourselves, and I love everybody the same—all homosexuals."

The reason he apologized has nothing with racism. Or whites not letting him "leave the plantation". It had to do with the fact that he said something stupid.

Old 04-03-2013, 09:11 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,911,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by derosterreich View Post

who is saying the examples given should be adored, admired or are role models?

Dr. Carson's voice is as important as any other American's. No less...No more.

Old 04-03-2013, 09:11 AM

2,003 posts, read 1,539,899 times
Well, that was quick. Usually, it takes much longer than this for black republican celebs to start mumbling about some "democrat/liberal plantation".

Sorry, republicans, but call us back when white liberals start marching around, waving signs with Carson with a bone in his nose, or claiming that he "has a deep seated hatred of white people" and wants "reparations for slavery" because of his political views. Until then, y'all basically have a lock on the whole racism thing.

Old 04-03-2013, 09:12 AM

1,501 posts, read 1,719,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
Of course, if statements like those made against Carson were also made against Obama, you would be leading the chorus of those screaming "Racism".

Typical liberal hypocrisy.
And conservatives would be decrying the playing of the "race card".

Typical conservative hypocrisy.

Old 04-03-2013, 09:25 AM

13,900 posts, read 9,725,800 times
I'm not sure why Ben Carson thinks he shouldn't be held to the same standard as everyone else? If say something stupid, you will get called out for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies