Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2013, 05:27 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,930,218 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
So he's not allowed a political opinion because he is rich? He is a entertainer. They often talk about politics in the news today. It is a part of getting good ratings.
This is not the response they give when Maher speaks out.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2013, 05:30 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,811,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
That is funny. I chuckled and I'm a liberal. But immigrants have good reasons to vote Democratic.

Not least of all because polls show GOP voters resent immigrants.
What polls? Or did you mean illegal immigrants?

Old 04-03-2013, 06:20 PM

4,272 posts, read 3,786,079 times
Good joke. That's all it is folks, nothing more to read into it.

Old 04-03-2013, 06:25 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,799,525 times
El Rushbo beat him to it three years ago.
Quote:
EIB Used "Undocumented Democrats" Years Before Leno
April 03, 2013

Windows Media
BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: By the way, I'll get into details of this in just a second, but I've had a number of people say, "Hey, Rush, did you hear Leno's joke? It was a great line, did you hear what Leno said? Since AP is not gonna be calling 'em illegal immigrants anymore, we can call 'em undocumented Democrats." Yeah, we invented that term back in 2010 here on the EIB Network. In fact, July 1st was the earliest use that we can document in our archives at RushLimbaugh.com, but I think April 27th it might have been. But we've been using the term "undocumented Democrat" for who knows how many years now: three years.

Old 04-03-2013, 06:42 PM

13,684 posts, read 9,003,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geofra View Post
Good joke. That's all it is folks, nothing more to read into it.
I agree.

I will note that I used to really enjoy Jay when he would guest host for Carson. His humor seemed a bit more cutting (and political).

Back when Ronald Reagan was President, Jay was a guest host one night. He noted that some new organization had announced that Nancy Reagan had won the organizations' first ever "Humanitarian of the Year" award.

Continued Jay: "Good for Mrs. Reagan. I'm glad she beat out that conniving little b**** Mother Teresa!"

It was funny as heck the way he delivered it. I never heard of that organization again, by the by.

Old 04-07-2013, 04:20 AM

7,974 posts, read 7,346,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
That is funny. I chuckled and I'm a liberal. But immigrants have good reasons to vote Democratic.

Not least of all because polls show GOP voters resent immigrants.
Maybe it's because we resent supporting their WIC, Food Stamps, Medical Assistance and other entitlements with our tax money. Just because they came here for a "better life" doesn't mean I want to provide it for them out of my pocket.

As far as Jimmy Fallon hosting the Tonight Show, how much do you want to bet his first guest will be the Preeeeeeezy of the American Steeeeeeeeeezy?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies