Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2013, 03:33 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,167,245 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Upstaged...as in beating the President to the punch. Just like Biden did when he upstaged (ie. got out in front of) the President on profressing his support for gay marriage. Contemporary wisdom suggests that the Executive Branch will do nothing that will make the President look bad, seem uninformed, or otherwise embarrass him.

He was upstaged. He had no choice but to donate part of his salary lest he look like the lesser man.
Ooookay. So it's come to this for you guys. LOL, poor you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2013, 03:34 PM

5,064 posts, read 5,729,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
no, the media felt it was a story. I dont see anywhere in your link where it says " we the media, think it was the same"

and Legal language as you call it, means a lot. It is the difference between "schools funding" (vouchers) and " Public school funding".
The media called it Obama's budget. As I said, if you think there are differences, then prove them. The Dems in Congress could not point to differences when challenged, and the media who reviewed it felt comfortable calling it Obama's budget.

And I haven't used the phrase legal language in this thread a single time. This is the second time in this thread that you have claimed that I said something that another poster said.

Old 04-03-2013, 03:38 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 22 days ago)

29,552 posts, read 16,539,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
The media called it Obama's budget. As I said, if you think there are differences, then prove them. The Dems in Congress could not point to differences when challenged, and the media who reviewed it felt comfortable calling it Obama's budget.

And I haven't used the phrase legal language in this thread a single time. This is the second time in this thread that you have claimed that I said something that another poster said.
Everyone calls it Obama's budget, they are always named after the president. And again, Your link does not say Democrats could not point out a difference in the plans, that was not even the argument put forth by Jeff Sessions. He simply said show me that we used difference numbers. Which has nothing to do with the conclusion

and if im mixing you 2 up, my bad.

Old 04-03-2013, 03:41 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,442,508 times
Quote:
What? Off what? I don't even know what you are trying to say.

That makes two of us brentwoodgirl, some people just ramble on and on don't they. Repeating themselves over and over again!

Old 04-03-2013, 03:46 PM

5,064 posts, read 5,729,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Everyone calls it Obama's budget, they are always named after the president. And again, Your link does not say Democrats could not point out a difference in the plans, that was not even the argument put forth by Jeff Sessions. He simply said show me that we used difference numbers. Which has nothing to do with the conclusion

and if im mixing you 2 up, my bad.
Look, I'm done arguing with you. You've been wrong throughout the thread.

You claimed he's submitted a budget every year, and that's not true. The deadline for tis years was 2 months ago and he has not yet submitted a budget.

Then you switched to this is the only year he has been late. He's been late 4 out of 5 years. Only president to be late 3 years in a row, and holds the record for latest budget ever- 98 days.

Then you said that Obama's budgets were not voted down by all the Dems, and you were wrong again.

Its silly to argue to the death over this when it's already been proven that you aren't familiar with Obama's history on budgets.

Old 04-03-2013, 03:54 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 22 days ago)

29,552 posts, read 16,539,320 times
Quote:
Look, I'm done arguing with you. You've been wrong throughout the thread.

You claimed he's submitted a budget every year, and that's not true. The deadline for tis years was 2 months ago and he has not yet submitted a budget.

Then you switched to this is the only year he has been late. He's been late 4 out of 5 years. Only president to be late 3 years in a row, and holds the record for latest budget ever- 98 days.

Then you said that Obama's budgets were not voted down by all the Dems, and you were wrong again.

Its silly to argue to the death over this when it's already been proven that you aren't familiar with Obama's history on budgets.
He has submitted a budget for every year and he plans to submit one for this year as well , so how am i wrong ?

i was wrong about him submitting them on time, i admitted that. And your link does not say 4 of 5 have been late, it only says the last 3 have been late. But they were all submitted going back to your first point.

I never said the budget was not voted down by all democrats, i said they did not vote down his original plan, again you leave out the context of the conversation.

The only think you have successfully argued is that you can take a statement out of context.

Old 04-03-2013, 06:11 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Why didn't he cut a few golf games with the pros or promise the family would only take vacations every other month ?
Either one of those two would save much more than 5% of his annual salary.

Old 04-03-2013, 06:31 PM

37,174 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
PUH-LEASE. What a fake show from him. Bambi-boy is a joke. His salary is simply icing on the cake. His travel and food and vacations are footed on the taxpayers dollar. I'd love to see a day whe the POTUS makes no salary. Then we may get a leader who TRUELY wants to be there to work for the people.
George Washigton was the last one who served with no salary, by request. He asked only for expenses.

When Congress got the bill for his expenses, they decided to put the President on a salary to save some money.

Old 04-03-2013, 06:33 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Why didn't he cut a few golf games with the pros or promise the family would only take vacations every other month ?
Either one of those two would save much more than 5% of his annual salary.
No matter what he did, you guys would say, "Why didn't he do something else?"

Old 04-03-2013, 07:13 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
So you think the President runs outside and jumps into his Pinto, in order to run to the 7-11?
No, but I bet he gets charged for personal transportation. I know they get charged for their food.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies