Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2013, 03:12 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 22 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,539,320 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
You mean every Democrat DID vote against the budget proposal by Obama just like I said?
If it has been amended, then how is it the same proposal ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2013, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
You said there was no way all the Dems would vote against Obama's budget, and you were wrong. Directly from the article:

Read more: Senate rejects Obama budget in 99-0 vote - The Hill's Floor Action

Directly from the article. The House and Senate unamimously voted against Obama's budget. For the second year in a row.
I said they would not vote against his original plan. his original plan was not the bill that made it to the floor as your own article states.

You are deliberately leaving out the context of what i said.

Old 04-03-2013, 03:16 PM

4,112 posts, read 4,474,269 times
Quote:
WORKS WITH CONGRESS ON THE BUDGET...

You cant spend money that hasnt been passed into law to spend
Who has to pass the budget?

Old 04-03-2013, 03:18 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
If it has been amended, then how is it the same proposal ?
The budget committee has been controlled by Democrats since 2007. If it was amended, it was by their own dam party..

United States Senate Committee on the Budget - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Something that happens EVERY YEAR, under EVERY PRESIDENT, but I guess you think Obama is too incompetent to follow it through

Old 04-03-2013, 03:18 PM

5,064 posts, read 5,728,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
I said they would not vote against his original plan. his original plan was not the bill that made it to the floor as your own article states.

You are deliberately leaving out the context of what i said.
Jeff Sessions told the Democrats if they showed what was different between the budget brought to a vote and Obama's budget, he would ammend it. But not one Dem. could point out a difference.

Quote:
Democrats disputed that it was actually the president’s plan, arguing that the slim amendment didn’t actually match Mr. Obama’s budget document, which ran thousands of pages. But Republicans said they used all of the president’s numbers in the proposal, so it faithfully represented his plan.
Sen. Jeff Sessions, Alabama Republican, even challenged Democrats to point out any errors in the numbers and he would correct them — a challenge no Democrats took up.
Obama budget defeated 99-0 in Senate - Washington Times

The Washington Post and all the other media reported it as Obama's budget getting voted down. You've been wrong over and over in the this thread. I wouldn't try to cover now by arguing over silliness.

Old 04-03-2013, 03:19 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
Who has to pass the budget?
No one has, please follow along with the rest of us..

Old 04-03-2013, 03:20 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
PUH-LEASE. What a fake show from him. Bambi-boy is a joke. His salary is simply icing on the cake. His travel and food and vacations are footed on the taxpayers dollar. I'd love to see a day whe the POTUS makes no salary. Then we may get a leader who TRUELY wants to be there to work for the people.
Damned if he does, and damned if he doesn't! Wasn't it just last week you guys were saying he shouldn't have let his daughters go on a spring break trip while the country was "suffering"?????

Old 04-03-2013, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
Jeff Sessions told the Democrats if they showed what was different between the budget brought to a vote and Obama's budget, he would ammend it. But not one Dem. could point out a difference.

Obama budget defeated 99-0 in Senate - Washington Times

The Washington Post and all the other media reported it as Obama's budget getting voted down. You've been wrong over and over in the this thread. I wouldn't try to cover now by arguing over silliness.
Your link says that Sessions said it used President Obama's numbers. It does not say they came to the same conclusions which is the point.

you can read both versions of it. One is on the Budget website, the other is on the senate website.

Old 04-03-2013, 03:24 PM

Quote:
The budget committee has been controlled by Democrats since 2007. If it was amended, it was by their own dam party..

United States Senate Committee on the Budget - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Something that happens EVERY YEAR, under EVERY PRESIDENT, but I guess you think Obama is too incompetent to follow it through
We are talking about the House budget committee, not the Senate. because the House version of the bill is the one the article in question is talking about.

Old 04-03-2013, 03:24 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
Huh. I just googled it & many other sources have that story as well. I wonder how true it is? Well, if it is, I applaud him. And to the predictable naysayers on here, nothing Obama says or does will satisfy you. He could hand over his entire salary for the rest of his presidency & you'd still be calling him an ahole so I really can't take you people seriously. Name me another president who has done this, a CEO, anyone. I can think of only the CEO of Midwest Express who took a paycut. I'm sure you applauded him for it though, right?
Herbert Hoover donated his salary to charity.
Herbert Hoover - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies