Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2013, 10:37 AM

4,112 posts, read 4,474,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
I'm just wondering, what is it that you folks still harping on whether or not Obama is a natural born citizen hope to accomplish at this point? We are precisely four years in to his presidency, with his second and final term under way. No matter how much you hate him, no matter how much you disagree with his policies, no matter how much you wish he weren't the POTUS, he isn't going anywhere anytime soon. Why keep beating a dead horse?

At the start, I would say your concerns were legit, and nif it could be proven that he isn't a natural born citizen, or that his birth certificate were falsified in some way, he should be removed as POTUS. At this point however, your arguments are tawdry and irrelevent. Your efforts border on fringe radicalism and you are viewed with about as much seriousness as those who spout conspiracy theories and wear tin foil hats.

The argument is over and done, and you have lost. What is it that you expect to accomplish at this point?

p.s.

I'm not an Obama supporter....
That's like asking the question " What does herpes hope to achieve when it keeps popping up periodically?"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2013, 10:50 AM

89,001 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoD Guy View Post
I think he's natural born. They just hid who his real father is.
If his real father was a U.S. citizen or a non-citizen permanently domiciled in the U.S., he is a natural born citizen. If his father was Barack Obama Sr, as stated on his birth certificate, then in fact he is not a natural born citizen according to SCOTUS which most recently and most leniently defines natural born citizen as one born in the U.S. to parents who are permanently domiciled in the U.S.

Old 04-04-2013, 10:52 AM

1,523 posts, read 1,438,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoD Guy View Post
I think he's natural born. They just hid who his real father is.
Who do you think his real father is?

Old 04-04-2013, 10:56 AM

7,300 posts, read 6,732,593 times
Quote:
I'm just wondering, what is it that you folks still harping on whether or not Obama is a natural born citizen hope to accomplish at this point? We are precisely four years in to his presidency, with his second and final term under way. No matter how much you hate him, no matter how much you disagree with his policies, no matter how much you wish he weren't the POTUS, he isn't going anywhere anytime soon. Why keep beating a dead horse?

At the start, I would say your concerns were legit, and nif it could be proven that he isn't a natural born citizen, or that his birth certificate were falsified in some way, he should be removed as POTUS. At this point however, your arguments are tawdry and irrelevent. Your efforts border on fringe radicalism and you are viewed with about as much seriousness as those who spout conspiracy theories and wear tin foil hats.

The argument is over and done, and you have lost. What is it that you expect to accomplish at this point?

p.s.

Honestly? I think the best birthers can hope for is not to be laughed at.

Old 04-04-2013, 10:57 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,871,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
Honestly? I think the best birthers can hope for is not to be laughed at.
Too late!!

Old 04-04-2013, 10:59 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,871,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Army Soldier View Post
Instead of asking a question, why don't you answer one? Why hasn't the Maricopa County and the Cold Case Posse filed a suit in court with all of this "irrefutable evidence" they have amassed?

Old 04-04-2013, 11:06 AM

7,300 posts, read 6,732,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Too late!!
LOL! True.

Old 04-04-2013, 11:10 AM

89,001 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
If his real father was a U.S. citizen or a non-citizen permanently domiciled in the U.S., he is a natural born citizen. If his father was Barack Obama Sr, as stated on his birth certificate, then in fact he is not a natural born citizen according to SCOTUS which most recently and most leniently defines natural born citizen as one born in the U.S. to parents who are permanently domiciled in the U.S.
A more recent SCOTUS case in 1937, however, identifies native born citizen and natural born citizen to have the same prerequisites: born in the U.S. to U.S. citizen parents...
Quote:
Steinkauler, a Prussian subject by birth, emigrated to the United States in 1848, was naturalized in 1854, and in the following year had a son who was born in St. Louis. [Under the law at the time, his wife derived U.S. citizenship upon her husband's naturalization] Four years later, Steinkauler returned to Germany, taking this child, and became domiciled at Weisbaden, where they continuously resided. When the son reached the age of twenty years, the German Government called upon him to report for military duty, and his father then invoked the intervention of the American Legation on the ground that his son was a native citizen of the United States. To an inquiry by our Minister, the father declined to give an assurance that the son would return to this country within a reasonable time. On reviewing the pertinent points in the case, including the Naturalization Treaty of 1868 with North Germany, 15 Stat. 615, the Attorney General reached the following conclusion: "Young Steinkauler is a native-born American citizen. There is no law of the United States under which his father or any other person can deprive him of his birthright. He can return to America at the age of twenty-one, and in due time, if the people elect, he can become President of the United States
Perkins v. Elg - 307 U.S. 325 (1939) :: Justia US Supreme Court Center

Old 04-04-2013, 11:10 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,176,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Army Soldier View Post
There you are, I knew this thread had your name all over it. Who do you think his real mother is?

Old 04-04-2013, 11:12 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,109,663 times
Quote:

p.s.

They want a "do over".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies