Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2013, 10:22 AM
LLN

5,265 posts, read 10,730,375 times

Advertisements

The big problem is the "grass is greener" mentality.

In regards to race, black people seem to think that white people have it so easy, and every obstacle they face is "racism."

That is pure fantasy.

It sucks to be a white male in your fifties. No one will hire you, you are taxed out the butt, everything is hard, you are tired, it just sucks.

No it is not racism, it is just life. Life is very difficult. People, black and white, think it should be a breeze. When black folks hit the wall, they call "racism". When white folks hit the same wall, they do not have a convenient battle cry.

I know I wont change anyone's mind. Playing the race card is just too convenient.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2013, 11:18 AM

315 posts, read 383,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLN View Post

In regards to race, black people seem to think that white people have it so easy, and every obstacle they face is "racism."

That is pure fantasy.

It sucks to be a white male in your fifties. No one will hire you, you are taxed out the butt, everything is hard, you are tired, it just sucks.

No it is not racism, it is just life. Life is very difficult. People, black and white, think it should be a breeze. When black folks hit the wall, they call "racism". When white folks hit the same wall, they do not have a convenient battle cry.

I know I wont change anyone's mind. Playing the race card is just too convenient.
No one will hire you is based on ageism, not racism. You are in your 50's, so why would any employer invest in someone so close to retirement age? Learn the difference. And about playing the race card, it's funnty how whites like you want to play victim when race is discussed. Stop playing from the race deck. In case you haven't figured out, racism in this country was created by whites to push their illusion of supremacy. It's funny how most of you love to avoid that truth.

Old 04-07-2013, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcard342 View Post
Interesting, the same old tired it's all the white persons fault that I am being held down response. You think society is supposed to be a level playing field, but it isn't and it never will be. White women are ahead atm, black women are coming through the process by getting more educated and forcing their way into positions. What are black men doing to get ahead? Sorry to say but honestly that's the way it is. If you work hard and do all the right things you will still often times be screwed over somehow. You can sit back and blame everyone and say blah blah blah, or and here is a novel concept you can get up and try again. Australia has a concept about giving everyone a fair go, if you try then people respect you. If you sit back and expect others to fight for your rights and blame everyone else for you being held back then tough luck buddy, we don't care. Don't get me started on politics because none of the politicians care about you or me. Only about themselves and their little stacked deck of keeping us ALL in our boxes under their thumbs.

You identified problems but here is your chance, what are your solutions? Don't have any, then sorry I don't care what you say because at the end of the day its YOUR problem. If your solutions involve give me stuff without having to earn it then it will go down the same old affirmative action money pit. If you can think of good solutions the will work then you can advocate for them because its your fight mate. The rest of the world is just trying to make it through each day without going postal.
Everything I posted stands. Your counter argument is invalid and actually proves my points of white priviledge and the deck of cards played by whites, who now want to hide their hand when confronted about the race cards they've played in the first place. It's classic avoidance drenched in ignorance. It's posters like your who've not fully grasp exactly what racism is. Here is the thing most whites enjoying white priviledge don't understand, so let me help you: the playing field was never level for minorities, therefore you aren't really posting anything new on the "bootstrap theory". Victim blaming is typical of your ilk trying to pass off racism is somehow the fault of the minority and not the fault of the majority. SMH, it's amazing how most of your function daily.

And in Australia, the Aboriginals do not share your bootstrap theory, and are treated horrifibly by the very racist Australian society throughout history you've failed to acknowledge. Whatever credibility you thought you had coming into this thread is essentially crumbled. Absolutely lame attempt to present a knowledgable response failed miserably. SMH.

Old 04-07-2013, 02:24 PM
LLN

5,265 posts, read 10,730,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freespiritbty View Post
No one will hire you is based on ageism, not racism. You are in your 50's, so why would any employer invest in someone so close to retirement age? Learn the difference. And about playing the race card, it's funnty how whites like you want to play victim when race is discussed. Stop playing from the race deck. In case you haven't figured out, racism in this country was created by whites to push their illusion of supremacy. It's funny how most of you love to avoid that truth.

Unfortunately, with billions of dollars of welfare, billions of dollars in grants, and a plethora of laws and social programs, in the 21st century, racism is just an excuse. Period. Not trying to offend you, but thinking people get it. Those in need of an excuse, to make up for personal (NOT RACIAL) shortcomings continue to see racism and haters behind every failure.

I really wish we could get to post racial America. So much energy could then be positively directed.

Good luck, and I hope you prosper in an environment where racism is beyond a distant memory.

Old 04-07-2013, 03:09 PM

1,013 posts, read 1,192,709 times
Quote:
If you assume someone can dance better because he's black, then you'd be a racist.

It isn't about statistics, it's about making assumptions about an individual based on his/her race. It doesn't matter if the assumptions are positive or negative, it's the fact that you think one's race alone has to do with behavior.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizita View Post
That's not racism. That's prejudice. It's not the same thing. Racism is the belief that a particular race is inferior or superior.
Wrong.

Racism is:

Quote:
a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race
Prejudice is:

Quote:
injury or damage resulting from some judgment or action of another in disregard of one's rights; especially : detriment to one's legal rights or claims

Old 04-07-2013, 04:35 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,319,525 times
Quote:

That is pure fantasy.

I understand, poor old white men who hit their 50s have it hard. My question those 49 years prior was alot better than a lifetime of being subjected to unfair labor practices, high unemployment, being a victim of an unjust legal system, sub par education, inadequate healthcare and housing. Hell, I would rather be an "old white man in his fifties".

Old 04-07-2013, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Unfortunately, with billions of dollars of welfare, billions of dollars in grants, and a plethora of laws and social programs, in the 21st century, racism is just an excuse. Period. Not trying to offend you, but thinking people get it. Those in need of an excuse, to make up for personal (NOT RACIAL) shortcomings continue to see racism and haters behind every failure.

I really wish we could get to post racial America. So much energy could then be positively directed.

Good luck, and I hope you prosper in an environment where racism is beyond a distant memory.

Uh, what does welfare have to do with racism? After all that you have just mentioned there is still rampant racism, so what does that tell you? Since apparently you do not have a clue or in denile let me explain it to you. Racism and discrimination is so embedded in the fabric of this country it will take generations upon generations for it to completely disappear, but as long as we have people that cosistantly deny that is still going on it will take even longer.

I posted a graph of the comparision of white and black unemployment across the spectrum of age and education and there is nowhere that black and white unemployment is equal, now why is that? Apparently the "grants and the plethora of laws and social programs" (again how are social programs related to equality) are not enough to combat racism.

Old 04-07-2013, 05:09 PM

7,776 posts, read 12,442,098 times
Reading descriptions of how whites behave and how they SHOULD behave, according to how some describe it.... in my opinion, if blacks would behave the way they think whites should behave, that would take care of a lot of it.

The day most blacks can accept that Obama can be disliked by a white person because the white person doesn't like some of the programs Obama is responsible for and has NOTHING to do with Obama being black, then great strides will have been made. A white can have disliked several past presidents, but, most blacks think if a white dislikes Obama, it's because Obama is black and the white is racist. It's too bad they have that mindset.

Old 04-07-2013, 05:14 PM

Quote:

ROTFLMBO!!! If you equate thinking people with "white", then you are more sorry than I thought, thus proving my point of white priviledge and the myth of supremacy. While some minorities are on welfare, it's still whites that are on it more so than minorities. Yet another tired "minorities are using welfare and grants more than whites" in order to get ahead. You really can talk out your fourth point of contact.

Your ridiculous assumption that I'm somehow not "prospering" or blaming whatever failures I've had on racism is baffling since nothing in my posts indicates I am struggling or have blamed racism for my life's woes. You're still slow and wrong. As I've posted, don't participate in a topic in which honesty is clearly something most whites grapple with in regards to discussing America's deep history of institutional and now morphing into covert racism. It's something to do with intellectual honesty and intenstinal fortitude to deal with white priviledge in which clearly you're lacking greatly. So when the affirmative action propaganda failed, your knee jerk reaction is "welfare". Simetime responded to you perfectly and yet still, most of you are willfully ignorant.

oh well. Keep your wishes of good luck in your back pocket because I don't need the sentiment from the likes of you. And surely you don't mean what you've posted about moving forward towards post racial American when you're post points in the direction of failing to acknowledge how deeply ingrained racism is in America.

Old 04-07-2013, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi3 View Post
Reading descriptions of how whites behave and how they SHOULD behave, according to how some describe it.... in my opinion, if blacks would behave the way they think whites should behave, that would take care of a lot of it.

The day most blacks can accept that Obama can be disliked by a white person because the white person doesn't like some of the programs Obama is responsible for and has NOTHING to do with Obama being black, then great strides will have been made. A white can have disliked several past presidents, but, most blacks think if a white dislikes Obama, it's because Obama is black and the white is racist. It's too bad they have that mindset.
That is true in some cases but it is "suspect" in most and at least a down right lie. It has been proven that this president has had more death threats than any other BEFORE he was even elected! I doubt very seriously if that has anything to do with his policies. Of course there are whites as well as blacks that do not like some of his policies but there are a hell of alot of whites that don't like him because he is black.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies