Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2013, 08:09 PM

41,111 posts, read 25,618,642 times

Advertisements

The 2012 election is barely over, but President Obama is already hitting the campaign trail again, heading out to four California fundraisers Wednesday and Thursday to begin raising money to help Democrats keep the Senate and seize the House.

Campaigning Again: Obama Starts Fundraising | The Blog on Obama: White House Dossier

This is the safest, most despicable presidency I've seen in my lifetime.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2013, 08:13 PM

Remember, instead of doing his job helping Americans who need help he finds it easier to go on fundraisers trail to get money to feed you a bunch of propaganda. Raising money is being done to convince "you".

Can't he just work for the American people instead?

The president’s fundraising starts tonight with a reception at Pacific Heights home of Thomas Steyer, the founder of Farallon Capital Management LLC, and his wife, Kat Taylor, at a cost of $5,000 per person, according to a copy of the invitation. That event, with proceeds going to the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, will be followed by a dinner at the home of Ann and Gordon Getty at a cost $32,400 per seat.

Old 04-03-2013, 08:20 PM

13,675 posts, read 8,961,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
The 2012 election is barely over, but President Obama is already hitting the campaign trail again, heading out to four California fundraisers Wednesday and Thursday to begin raising money to help Democrats keep the Senate and seize the House.

Campaigning Again: Obama Starts Fundraising | The Blog on Obama: White House Dossier

This is the safest, most despicable presidency I've seen in my lifetime.
I am not sure what you mean by 'safest'.

Anyway, it does seem early, although I guess that the 2014 mid-term elections are not that 'far off', fundraising-wise.

Here are some other links:

South Carolina

(note the above Republican began his fund raising effort in December 2012).

In new year, Missouri GOP begins to up fundraising

(the above is February 2013, by Republicans).

Harkin to Retire. Help turn Iowa Red - Republican Party of Iowa

Iowa!

Anyway, I agree, it does seem early. However, to a politician, I guess there is no such thing as 'too early' to raise money.

Old 04-03-2013, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post

Anyway, it does seem early, although I guess that the 2014 mid-term elections are not that 'far off', fundraising-wise.

South Carolina

Iowa!

Anyway, I agree, it does seem early. However, to a politician, I guess there is no such thing as 'too early' to raise money.
Yep, early but I am talking about a president on the fundraising trail, not a DEM or GOP group.

Old 04-04-2013, 09:29 AM

Obama's budget is nearly 2 months overdue. Instead of fulfilling his presidential duties, he is campaigning in San Francisco and sipping cocktails with the liberal elite.

Our nation is over $16.8 trillion in debt and our economy is stuck in neutral, yet Obama chooses to spend his time raising money to get his fellow Democrats elected.

A jaunt to California on Air Force One costs $180,000 per hour. Just last month, the Obama administration announced they were axing White House tours because of the sequester budget cuts. So there's no money for third graders to visit the people's house, but there's plenty of money for President Obama to fly to California for fundraisers?

President Obama is making it crystal clear that billionaires come before budgets.

Old 04-04-2013, 09:33 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,017,104 times
So NK threatens nuclear war and Obama goes to fundraisers? Sounds about right. He's a hack

Old 04-04-2013, 10:13 AM

3,160 posts, read 4,354,671 times
Quote:

South Carolina

Iowa!

do you truley not see the difference ?
when you compare obama the ignorant to anyone else you're over looking his promise "to be different" do you recall that ?

Old 04-04-2013, 10:14 AM

Quote:

South Carolina

Iowa!

My computer automatically replaced a word. It should read, lamest.

Old 04-04-2013, 10:14 AM

4,176 posts, read 4,655,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
So NK threatens nuclear war and Obama goes to fundraisers? Sounds about right. He's a hack
What would you like him to do about North Korea? We already sent some B-2s over there, and we're lining up missile defenses in Guam. It is possible for him to do more than one thing a time; he's not George W Bush.

Old 04-04-2013, 10:16 AM

13,675 posts, read 8,961,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bily Lovec View Post
do you truley not see the difference ?
when you compare obama the ignorant to anyone else you're over looking his promise "to be different" do you recall that ?

Ah, yes, Obama the Ignorant. I do, truley, see the difference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies