Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2013, 09:45 AM

41,111 posts, read 25,710,838 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Who are "they?" I didn't get thin skinned, I could care less what the poster meant by "urban folk" because we both know he meant black people.
If you could care less then why bother posting. Well that is what I am hearing, the new PC is don't dare refer to black people as urban folk. Whats up with that anyway. Who cares, I never did get why people get so offended so easily. You urban folk, oh I mean African Americans call whites crackers all the time. Do white folk bounce off the walls? hardly.

People need to seriously relax!

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78
"Urban folks?" I am "urban folk" as well as everyone I work with,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2013, 09:52 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,151,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
If you could care less then why bother posting. Well that is what I am hearing, the new PC is don't dare refer to black people as urban folk. Whats up with that anyway. Who cares, I never did get why people get so offended so easily. You urban folk call whites crackers all the time. Do white folk bounce off the walls? hardly.

People need to seriously relax!
Dude, I am a white guy. But I live in urban areas, therefore if you take all the racism that was implied with that comment, then I too am an "urban folk."

Old 04-04-2013, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Dude, I am a white guy. But I live in urban areas, therefore if you take all the racism that was implied with that comment, then I too am an "urban folk."
Dude?? Oh I am so offended. You assume I am a "dude". That is sexist.

Old 04-04-2013, 10:05 AM

14,665 posts, read 14,624,550 times
Well, I'm one who believes individual politicians, including the President, have very little effect on the economy. However, his fighting to keep interest rates low on student loans ensures I'll be able to pay them off more quickly when I finish. I have a job waiting for me when I get out of school this spring, but I attribute that more to my own hard work than any politician's actions.

Quote:
Dude?? Oh I am so offended. You assume I am a "dude". That is sexist.
Well first, it is easy to assume you are a guy, and I call girls and guys dude, so don't think I was insisting you had a penis.

So anyone else. What are you success stories under Obama? So far the claims are lame.

Old 04-04-2013, 10:06 AM

Quote:
So anyone else. What are you success stories under Obama? So far the claims are lame.
Maybe you should google search it if you are so interested?

Old 04-04-2013, 10:06 AM

14,665 posts, read 14,624,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torpedos View Post
i always wondered if obama inspired the hispanics and blacks to stop the violence against each other, for them to stop leaving the kids without dads. did he inspire minorties to be better, strive to make it on thier own. for some reason, i dont think he did. i am a hispanic, and we are still like idiots, just killing eachother. i know whites also kill each other, and i know bush or any other person did not stop that. but obama came with a new message, but now we realized, that it was just like a new product, " new look, same flavor"
So you need a president to inspire you not to commit crime and to take care of your kids? Whatever happened to personal responsibility?

Old 04-04-2013, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Well, I'm one who believes individual politicians, including the President, have very little effect on the economy. However, his fighting to keep interest rates low on student loans ensures I'll be able to pay them off more quickly when I finish. I have a job waiting for me when I get out of school this spring, but I attribute that more to my own hard work than any politician's actions.
If and when interest rates go up it will certainly hurt many people. Hopefully you will get your student loans paid off before then if the are adjustable. Then again, I'll bet you have a huge school loan because the subsidizing drove the cost of education up. A job, hopefully not a McD job.

But you are right, it is your hard work (whiners take notice). See, he went to college and has a job. So what is everyone else's problem. I hear so much whining from people when here you have it,... it can be done, Natural is proof.

Old 04-04-2013, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Well first, it is easy to assume you are a guy, and I call girls and guys dude, so don't think I was insisting you had a penis.
lol, see, because of the new list of PC words it is easy to assume. And I don't know what is so what, it is all corrected.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies