Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2013, 10:50 PM

1,637 posts, read 1,881,160 times

Advertisements

My friends father was a project engineer for a mining company in a very dangerous part of the country and bought a pistol and rifle for protection. Soon thereafter he was required by Ferdinand Marcos to register himself as a gun owner. This sounded like a reasonable idea at the time. Get a national registry of all gun owners just so that the government can have an inventory of all the of the guns. A year later martial law was declared and all guns were confiscated. If you are not familiar with Ferdinand Marcos, he went on to become the dictator of the Philippines until 1986. His wife Imelda is synonymous with profligate spending as she owned thousands and thousands of shoes purchased with looted tax dollars as the rest of the nation starved.
Granted, the US is not a 3rd world country that only escaped hundreds of years of colonialism last century. However, remember that this country is young when compared to China, India, the Egyptian civilization, the Greek or Roman empire, etc. Corruption and tyranny are a recurring part of human nature ever since civilization was invented, and this young nation has yet to show that it is exempt from such a fate.
You liberals never cease to amaze me with your naive view of the human condition. Much blood was shed and many have sacrificed to give us the 2nd Amendment. And you liberals want to just throw it away. You make me sick and nauseous!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2013, 11:13 PM

3,598 posts, read 4,949,242 times
No one is destroying the 2nd Amendment.

Lighten Up Francis - YouTube

Old 04-03-2013, 11:20 PM

1,160 posts, read 1,430,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by logline View Post
No one is destroying the 2nd Amendment.

Lighten Up Francis - YouTube
Correct, because we won't let you.

Old 04-04-2013, 12:00 AM

6,354 posts, read 3,653,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjohnny38 View Post
My friends father was a project engineer for a mining company in a very dangerous part of the country and bought a pistol and rifle for protection. Soon thereafter he was required by Ferdinand Marcos to register himself as a gun owner. This sounded like a reasonable idea at the time. Get a national registry of all gun owners just so that the government can have an inventory of all the of the guns. A year later martial law was declared and all guns were confiscated. If you are not familiar with Ferdinand Marcos, he went on to become the dictator of the Philippines until 1986. His wife Imelda is synonymous with profligate spending as she owned thousands and thousands of shoes purchased with looted tax dollars as the rest of the nation starved.
Granted, the US is not a 3rd world country that only escaped hundreds of years of colonialism last century. However, remember that this country is young when compared to China, India, the Egyptian civilization, the Greek or Roman empire, etc. Corruption and tyranny are a recurring part of human nature ever since civilization was invented, and this young nation has yet to show that it is exempt from such a fate.
You liberals never cease to amaze me with your naive view of the human condition. Much blood was shed and many have sacrificed to give us the 2nd Amendment. And you liberals want to just throw it away. You make me sick and nauseous!
I apologize for any disrespect to America's "trustworthy" assault weapons owners.

But I have tried several times to have nonpartisan conversations with republicans, about keeping assault weapons legal in America. But every assault weapons conversation, turns into a Obama and liberal bashing session. While republicans threaten to kill federal police officers if they try to take their assault weapons.

And since (you) republicans can not have a civilized conversation, about stopping Americas "assault weapon" school shootings, you have turned me into the following person. I want assault weapons banned. As far as I am concerned only police and military should be allowed to own assault weapons.

But anyone who tries to mess with my shotgun, rifle, or .22 pocket pistol (gets my foot up his a--.)
The following 28 second Youtube link, shows that Joe Biden always felt the way I feel today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dT-ueNjc_D0

Last edited by chad3; 04-04-2013 at 01:25 AM..

Old 04-04-2013, 12:37 AM

6,354 posts, read 3,653,965 times
I would like to say the following to America's "trustworthy" assault weapons owners.

Madmen are getting their hands on assault weapons, and killing American children while they are in school, sniping people from car trunks, and killing people in movie theaters.

Only around 30% of Americans own guns.
Over 60% of Americans want a assault weapons ban.
And many of America's police want a assault weapons ban.

After 4 more school shootings happen, how will the 70% of Americans who don't own guns (feel about gun control) ??
Perhaps we are all playing with America's legal gun culture itself.

The above facts should cause responsible American gun owners, to regulate gun laws (themselves) in America.
But republican gun owners would rather bash Obama, think about killing federal police officers, and post pictures of military assault weapons.

This is a time for (non partisan) conversation, about stopping school/movie theater shootings (to protect our legal gun culture.)

If Americans honorable gun owners ever decide to have non partisan conversations, about protecting Americas legal gun culture I will join you.

I deeply apologize to Americas "trustworthy" assault weapon owners,
Chad.

Last edited by chad3; 04-04-2013 at 01:02 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies