Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2013, 02:30 PM

3,846 posts, read 2,382,807 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarian View Post
That's the highest of the high, is it? The fullest, most convincing expression of libertarian thinking? That's where you libertarians get all your best ideas?

(You're sure it doesn't all come from penguins, right?)
The squaring of a circle results, mathematically, in a Z-axis pyramid. (There is no other kind)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2013, 02:34 PM

4,684 posts, read 4,570,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonarchist View Post
The squaring of a circle results, mathematically, in a Z-axis pyramid. (There is no other kind)

This is the highest-level libertarian thinking?

Come on, guys - I'm seriously asking here. Who are the intellectual sources of Libertarianism? There must be some. So far, all I've got is Thomas Jefferson and some spacey geometry.

Old 04-04-2013, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Known.

Old 04-04-2013, 02:36 PM

Quote:

Come on, guys - I'm seriously asking here. Who are the intellectual sources of Libertarianism? There must be some. So far, all I've got is Thomas Jefferson and some spacey geometry.
Well, ya know . . almost everything is context dependent.

Although, ever since Einstein squared the constancy of the speed of light, I've had my reservations about relativity.

Old 04-04-2013, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Read the Declaration of Independence. There are some pretty good examples of highest-level thinking which is quite congruent with my statements regarding the misperceptions of the "populace", and the proper relationship between them and government.

When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.

Oh yes ... and for future references, might I suggest that if you're going to correct someone's spelling, then do so with the person who committed the error .... otherwise you just look foolish misspelling a word in in quotation addressed to someone else.
This was brought about purely by occident.

It is occidental thinking.

It cannot be oriented in oriental thought processes.

Mao was a cow!

Old 04-04-2013, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Is there some relevant point you're failing to make here with this polar gibberish?
Penguination versus Sanguination.

Old 04-04-2013, 02:53 PM

Quote:

Mao was a cow!
And, I say that quite similarliterally!

Old 04-04-2013, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Penguination versus Sanguination.
Christ passed out a lot of fish; and later said, "Eat me".

Old 04-04-2013, 03:19 PM

3,038 posts, read 2,512,245 times
Quote:

Milton Freidman
William F. Buckley
Walter Williams
Thomas Sowell
James Glassman

Walter Block
Thomas Woods
Lew Rockwell
Ayn Rand
Robert Heinlein
Charles Murray
L. Neil Smith

Dave Barry
P.J. O'Rourke

John Stossel
Hugh Downs
Jay Severin

Clint Eastwood
Kurt Russell
Drew Carey
Tom Selleck
Denis Leary
Russell Means
Woody Harrelson
Penn & Teller
John Laroquette
Tommy Chong
Aaron Russo
David Ruprecht(Supermarket Sweep)
Dixie Carter(Designing Women)
Leah Lail (V.I.P.)
Sean Morley (Val Venis - WWE)

Gary North
Andrew Napalitano
Jeffrey Tucker

Old 04-04-2013, 03:32 PM

Quote:
What I mean is, a pyramid where when the radius of a given circle is the height of said pyramid, whose perimeter is the circumference of said given circle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies