Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2013, 11:54 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,431,094 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
Really? How is it a "fact" other than in your own mind? Please prove with citations. I'm sure the NRA has something they cooked up to look good. We'll wait.
is that all you got...insults???

fact is that the vast majority of the approximately 12,000 annual gun murders and 66,000 non-fatal shootings are committed by people who have no legal right to a gun. How do criminals and other prohibited people get guns so easily? Through a highly efficient, organized, and profitable business of gun trafficking that moves guns from legal manufacture to dealers to criminals and young people who can’t buy guns legally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2013, 11:58 AM

79,908 posts, read 44,064,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
What questions?
I didn't quote you did I? There should be a posting primer that one has to read before being able to post.

Old 04-04-2013, 12:03 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,253,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
is that all you got...insults???

fact is that the vast majority of the approximately 12,000 annual gun murders and 66,000 non-fatal shootings are committed by people who have no legal right to a gun. How do criminals and other prohibited people get guns so easily? Through a highly efficient, organized, and profitable business of gun trafficking that moves guns from legal manufacture to dealers to criminals and young people who can’t buy guns legally.
Still waiting for citations, instead of your "facts" without any proof ...

Old 04-04-2013, 12:08 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,853,557 times
More loony lib logic. I'm pretty sure I was taught around the eighth grade that you can't just go and grab two facts and then infer causation.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out why this correlation may exist, besides of course ZOMG GUNZ ARE EVIL.

Old 04-04-2013, 12:12 PM

28,883 posts, read 30,181,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by italianuser View Post
Still more difficult.
no, it is not more difficult to a gun smith, just takes a little more knowledge and time.

Old 04-04-2013, 12:13 PM

28,883 posts, read 30,181,434 times
Quote:
Er... probably making alcohol is a little easier than making a gun
if your a gun smith it is not....

you can make any gun, anytime....

Old 04-04-2013, 12:26 PM

1,242 posts, read 3,471,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
I'm not naive. Yesterday I saw I think the Attorney General of Colorado on the news, and he said they looked at the data on who was refused a gun after submitting the paperwork for the background checks.

There were hundreds of felons, domestic violence perpetrators, and violent offenders with outstanding warrants who applied and were turned away. In fact, Colorado went and actually arrested a bunch of them that they had been looking for.

This was hundreds of criminals who then ended up without guns.

Not everyone will go to gun shows, and take every absolute effort to get a gun illegally, even "criminals." Not everyone has "street" connections.

So, yes gun laws will reduce the number of guns that end up in criminal's hands. Not eliminate, but reduce.

I mean no insult either, but there is just so much evidence that fewer guns and tighter gun control laws are usually associated with less gun violence. It really isn't that surprising, now is it?
Do you look at gun shows as super easy ways to get guns illegally? I'm thinking you dont know how they really work. You believe in gun show loopholes, dont ya!

Quote:
Er... probably making alcohol is a little easier than making a gun
I make alcohol. It's pretty tough for the good stuff.

Gosh, anybody can make a gun now with a 3D printer

I functional gun that is can should more than one round quickly would be difficult to make though. A single shooter wouldnt be that hard.

Old 04-04-2013, 12:29 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,169,069 times
Quote:
Considering that you haven't replied my questions, I wonder why should I.
Anyway, I could tell you that my security door and shatterproof glass are working very well, thanks.
And I have always avoided problems: I still think that it's still the best thing to avoid to get involved in any type of crime.
I'm 40, NEVER been victim of a crime, so my friends and my family... and - OH MY GOD - none of them has ever touched a gun.
Living as a paranoid NRA member? No, thanks.

dont say never, because you might not know your friends and family as good as you think you do. even IF you live in italy, private citizens can and do own firearms.

Old 04-04-2013, 12:30 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,169,069 times
Quote:
Are you able to write something that is not a catch-phrase from NRA's comic books?
P.S. crime in NYC is just a fraction than countless holes in gun-toting states. Some names? Cleveland, New Orleans, Birmingham, Cincinnati, Akron, Miami, Jacksonville, Detroit, Gary, Indianapolis, Youngstown, etc etc... Can I go on?

sure, how about kennesaw, hudson, all cities and towns in Wyoming, I would bet all of those have a lower crime rate than NYC does.

all with less gun control than NYC has too.

Old 04-04-2013, 01:37 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,180,034 times
Liberal, anti-gun websites interest me not at all.

Interesting that Illinois, specifically Chicago didn't make their list.

Bunch of mindless psychobabble from liberal idiots.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies