Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2013, 11:24 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,737,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
A "victory" for the NRA ... is a "defeat" for the United States.
A victory for the NRA is a victory for the USA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2013, 10:33 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,345,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
A victory for the NRA is a victory for the USA.
A loss for Barack Obama is also a victory for the USA!

Old 04-10-2013, 10:36 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,345,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I am sure you can find some here... enjoy, and by all means, buy,buy,buy.. the NRA will need as much of your money as they can get to defend their positions.

Gun Manufacturer Directory | Mad Ogre
I love the way you think and try to pretend that's an issue for gun owners. It's fun to watch. As I said.....the best part of the NRA is they **** off the liberals!

Old 04-10-2013, 11:09 AM

9,884 posts, read 10,974,080 times
I AM A GUN LOBBYIST!
I have written several letter to my senators and congressman telling them how I think they should vote on the issue, AND threatening to vote for somebody else in the next election if they don't do it my way!
THAT makes ME a lobbyist!
I am not a member of any organization of gun owners.
At the present time, that is.
Due to the ongoing demonization of guns, I am seriously thinking about becoming a member of the NRA, GOA, Shooting Sports Federation, etc.
If I do, those membership would be DIRECTLY attributable to Pelosi, Feinstein, Reid, Obama, et al.
THEY will have to accept the credit (or blame) for me and many others joining!
WE want our voices heard. WE do not want polls speaking for us or against us. If THEY will not listen to us as individuals, our only recourse is to speak collectively through gun rights organizations.
WE WILL DO THIS IF NECESSARY!

Old 04-09-2015, 09:48 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,778,277 times
It seems to met the biggest fear the gun grabbers have is the thought that regular working class and a substantial number of outright poor Americans are armed. I am a working class Liberal and I am disgusted by the elitist tendencies of my political compatriots. So long their guards and police can be armed and they can be protected from criminal harm they do not care if the same protection is extended to the rest of us. I like to remind them of their undemocratic bias.

FWIW - This Liberal has been in the NRA for decades. I support the organization's fight to protect the 2nd Amendment but an appalled in their belief that the Republican Party will support that goal. The Republicans will do whatever their corporatist owners want.

Old 04-09-2015, 10:01 AM

12,287 posts, read 9,820,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
It seems to met the biggest fear the gun grabbers have is the thought that regular working class and a substantial number of outright poor Americans are armed. I am a working class Liberal and I am disgusted by the elitist tendencies of my political compatriots. So long their guards and police can be armed and they can be protected from criminal harm they do not care if the same protection is extended to the rest of us. I like to remind them of their undemocratic bias.

FWIW - This Liberal has been in the NRA for decades. I support the organization's fight to protect the 2nd Amendment but an appalled in their belief that the Republican Party will support that goal. The Republicans will do whatever their corporatist owners want.
I completly agree with you re the arming of the general populace and the racial overtones of the original intents of gun control.

The Republican Party has a much better history of supporting gun rights.

You will find some anti gun republicans and you will find even more pro gun democrats like yourself. But the vast majority of republicans are pro guns and a decent sized minority of democrats are pro gun. The NRA backs dems that are running on a pro gun platform. The nra is apolitical in re the party, it is just one party usually aligns with the views of the NRA more than the other.

Btw, the dems are just as bought and paid for by corporate interests as the republicans.

Old 04-09-2015, 10:07 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,220,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Awwwww, I am just all broken up over that.

Old 04-09-2015, 10:48 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,196,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Naw, just going thru life in the real world.

or being in fantasy land. The NRA is not owned by the firearm manufacturers.

Old 04-09-2015, 11:21 AM

9,437 posts, read 7,368,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post

And yet you still vote for and support anti gun politicians, don't you. Talk is cheap, if you elect someone who pushes for gun bans you're supporting bans just as much as they are.

You're deluded if you think democrats aren't just as much in the pocket of big business as every other politician and don't do what they want just as often.

Old 04-09-2015, 03:02 PM

24,404 posts, read 23,061,247 times
Obama's come to the rescue of the firearms industry yet again and spurred a big increase in firearm sales. Has anybody noticed that causes he advocates bite him in the ass and get worse and those he opposes thrive?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies