Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2013, 03:27 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt1984 View Post
What evidence you have that min wage jobs are not meant for that besides your opinion? Just because some teens work these jobs does not make it not a career. Good paying factory jobs have left and people are taking whatever they can. Would you rather adults just stay unemployed then take a min wage job because it is not meant to "live" on?
The fact that they are on SNAP, medicaid and a number of other government programs should be enough to tell you that min wage jobs are not meant to raise a family on and never were.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2013, 03:27 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
Quote:
What evidence you have that min wage jobs are not meant for that besides your opinion? Just because some teens work these jobs does not make it not a career. Good paying factory jobs have left and people are taking whatever they can. Would you rather adults just stay unemployed then take a min wage job because it is not meant to "live" on?
No I would rather they get a job that was meant for them to live on. Flipping burgers aint that job and never has been. Hey if your happy living in a box and making min wage then great. My opinion is be happy in your life. If your not happy then do something about it don't expect others to do it for you.

Old 07-31-2013, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Not everyone can be a manager, but anyone can. If you work hard and always try to do a good job, you will move up quickly. It might be different in NYC due to the labor market there, in which case the solution is to relocate.

Most people don't want to work hard, however. Obviously if everyone worked hard, it would no longer be an automatic ticket to advancement. But equally obviously, that is not likely to be the case anytime soon.
For those who don't want to work hard and need a "living wage' the unions have apprenticeship programs.

Old 07-31-2013, 03:36 PM

3,022 posts, read 2,274,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
No I would rather they get a job that was meant for them to live on. Flipping burgers aint that job and never has been. Hey if your happy living in a box and making min wage then great. My opinion is be happy in your life. If your not happy then do something about it don't expect others to do it for you.
Right because that is so easy and there are enough jobs for everyone. Who made you the decision maker of what and was not a job you ought to live on. Do you not understand that there are only a certain amount of jobs that paying a living wage not enough for everyone. I am sure you will come back with the childish stop whining and do it or make your own business. Right Wingers either don't care or hate the poor so they will do whatever it takes to blame them.

Old 07-31-2013, 03:39 PM

3,022 posts, read 2,274,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
The fact that they are on SNAP, medicaid and a number of other government programs should be enough to tell you that min wage jobs are not meant to raise a family on and never were.
That is because employers want to pay slave wages so society has to step up to make up for companies greed. Still not proof that these are not careers since they are for many adults.

Old 07-31-2013, 03:39 PM

6,073 posts, read 4,752,027 times
Default mcdonalds prices went up. now I can't afford my frostie.:(

this "if mcdonalds doubled their wage" thing is comical. I have never, in my entire life, eaten a big mac. so won't that buck be passed? I will have to just pay more for something else. the biggest problem I have with left LWNJ, are that they ignore the majority. they love mcdonalds workers, they love teachers. yet the rip off their panties and squirt on taco bell, and especially construction workers. liberals really have it in for the tradesmen. good god.

Old 07-31-2013, 03:41 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,811,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
this "if mcdonalds doubled their wage" thing is comical. I have never, in my entire life, eaten a big mac. so won't that buck be passed? I will have to just pay more for something else. the biggest problem I have with left LWNJ, are that they ignore the majority. they love mcdonalds workers, they love teachers. yet the rip off their panties and squirt on taco bell, and especially construction workers. liberals really have it in for the tradesmen. good god.
Huh?

Otherwise a big mac would go up by 68 cents

Doubling McDonald's Salaries Would Cause Your Big Mac To Cost Just 68¢ More: Study [UPDATE]

Old 07-31-2013, 03:42 PM

I make my own decisions. Min wage isn't enough to raise a family on and apparently these folks running aroudn screaming they want to double their salary agree. Like I said if your happy living on min wage then do it. I wasn't back in the day so I went and found higher paying jobs to where I can be happy. That is what it's all about. You think others should be forced to make YOU happy though.

As for hating the poor that is something you need to address with the war on poverty. Another democrat failure of epic proportions.

Old 07-31-2013, 03:43 PM

Quote:
That is because employers want to pay slave wages so society has to step up to make up for companies greed. Still not proof that these are not careers since they are for many adults.
Then find a different employer. Pretty simple stuff.

Old 07-31-2013, 03:45 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,418,303 times
The fact that the government sets the minimum wage and the eligibility level for welfare programs, and they often contradict each other, should make you all wonder why.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies