Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2013, 10:53 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,762,061 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Actually, I care what the 20 somethings have to say.
I was one and I had opinions that I carry through to this day, they reflect the poster you were trying to dismiss.
Republican Girl Scout Cookie Salesgirl: Hi mister fat slob man! Would you like to help send me to camp by buying my cookies?

Customer: Say what?! er...Well, ok, but what do you have?

R Girl Scout: Let's see, thin mints, tagalongs, shout outs! but a guy like you out to go with the thin mints!

Customer: Ok, how about two boxes of thin mints?

R Girl Scout: Hehehe, how about one box and a feather so you can throw up?! (har! har! har!)

Customer: You know, I changed my mind. Have a nice day.

R Girl Scout: (walking away) This neighborhood is so tough, folks are so cheap, it gets harder each year!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2013, 10:54 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,898,352 times
Quote:
You've made the same comment twice.
Feeling insecure in your beliefs?
No. I am a lot of things, but insecure in my political beliefs is not one of them.

Old 04-04-2013, 11:02 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,156,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Ahh, poor baby, did I hurt your feelings by pointing out what should be dam obvious to anyone with a brain, which is that there isnt a dam thing in the survey to indicate its being done by the National GOP?
So, you're going with that? "I know you are but what am I?"

My great-grandfather and my grandfather, both registered Republicans, must be rolling in their graves seeing what whiny pusses the GOP base has become. Good lord, do you folks not realize how nearly everything coming out of your mouths is just emoting about how this person or that person is victimizing you and how everyone is just so mean to you? Someone really should tally up how many times right-wingers get on here in one day and just whine about all the ways they are being persecuted. It's your guns and your religion and your children's innocence and your cars and your sodas and your tax cuts and your whiteness and the "sanctity" of your marriages...all being taken from you. You people will whine about anything. The country has had to sit here for over four years now, listening to this non-stop temper tantrum. I can't even fathom to what levels the whining will go if the Dems hold the presidency in 2016 and win the House (though that is unlikely with the gerrymandering that has been done.) Some of you may need to self-deport. Please do, actually.

Old 04-04-2013, 11:03 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,156,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
No. I am a lot of things, but insecure in my political beliefs is not one of them.
That's precisely your problem.

Old 04-04-2013, 11:12 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,258,599 times
Quote:
Actually, I care what the 20 somethings have to say.
Why?

Quote:
I was one and I had opinions that I carry through to this day, they reflect those of the poster you were trying to dismiss.
I was one too, so were a lot of my friends and we all made some pretty dumb decisions/thought we knew it all....in our 20's. For the record...99% of my lib friends (I love 'em) didn't become "that way" until their early 30's. Too busy having fun.

I didn't try to dismiss the poster, I did dismiss the poster.

Quote:
You simply looked like a whining, get off of my lawn, type of person.
I don't whine.

Quote:
They are our future, they vote.
Who doesn't?

Quote:
They're probably more politically savvy than you or I, they will shape (as far as they can) the world.
They can't wipe their own asses without help.

Last edited by Informed Info; 04-04-2013 at 11:28 PM..

Old 04-04-2013, 11:24 PM

1,205 posts, read 1,854,871 times
Quote:
And considering you started this thread, but not smart enough to figure out that absolutely NO WHERE does it say the survey is being done by the Republican GOP, means that I'm absolutely happy to not have the same problem you guys have, which seems to be that so many people are pretty dam dumb.
I recognize this part of the Republican SOP, denial.....is this the standard now for dealing with the party's obvious outreach issues and reaching out beyond the old conservative dude category is something the party desperately needs. But hey if you wanna go lalalala I can't hear you! GOP FTW! Hooah! Hooah! lalalalala! and tuck your head in the sand, be my guess. You know what I hope nothing comes out of this survey, so the GOP can continue their slide into marginalization while wondering why no one outside their little Tea Party bubble likes them.

Quote:
Then its not a survey being done by the national GOP, besides, they dont use "surveymonkey" either.. They use mail in surveys..
What does this look like to you? The 90s? I always knew the GOP was a little slow on the uptake, but paper surveys? Ahahahahahahahahahaha!! Paper surveys? REALLY?! Can you say behind the times?!

They send me a survey in the mail and it's going to end up in the trash. Like hell I'm going to waste ink writing scathing criticisms on the sorry state of the party.

Last edited by Spudcommando; 04-04-2013 at 11:48 PM..

Old 04-05-2013, 12:51 AM

8,762 posts, read 11,573,373 times
The GARBAGE Old Party wants to hear from me? Well, I don't want to hear from them.

And no one will hear from them soon enough.

Old 04-05-2013, 04:54 AM

9,982 posts, read 13,762,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
The GARBAGE Old Party wants to hear from me? Well, I don't want to hear from them.

And no one will hear from them soon enough.
How about "Grumpy Old Party."

What have these tools done to the party of Lincoln? Jeez, what a disgrace.

Old 04-05-2013, 05:42 AM

1,389 posts, read 1,312,942 times
Ditch the social issues and follow Rands lead.

Old 04-05-2013, 05:45 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Because they dont live in their moms basement nor have 30 kids running around where they dont know their babbies daddies, thus they need to pay their own bills.
Quote:
Well clearly according to you, we're all trust fund babies..

Another hypocrite I see... You can say stupid crap, but whine when someone shows you how dumb your posting really is..

waaaaa, waaaa.. poor baby..
Quote:
And considering you started this thread, but not smart enough to figure out that absolutely NO WHERE does it say the survey is being done by the Republican GOP, means that I'm absolutely happy to not have the same problem you guys have, which seems to be that so many people are pretty dam dumb.
Everytime I see posts like these and others ~ I am reminded why I left the Republican party (the party of my parents and grandparents) and will never go back. As of right now, they don't know how to be anything but the party of sneering, derisive, hypocrites ~ that look down on the poor, minorities, working people, and anyone different from them.

I can't see how they will possibly attract young people to their party.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies