Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: should gays be allowed to coach
yes they should 103 68.21%
no they should not 24 15.89%
Louisiana hot sauce is superior to franks hot sauce 24 15.89%
Voters: 151. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2013, 04:36 AM

7,975 posts, read 7,351,944 times

Advertisements

We had a lesbian gym teacher in junior high, and one in high school. Turns out, they were lovers. No big deal. They were good teachers and nice ladies. The high school gym teacher didn't care whether or not we showered, but the junior high teacher made the students shower after every class. She'd have a clipboard and check our names off as we came out of the shower. When I was in her class, we "faked" taking a shower - we just wrapped our towels around ourselves (with our underwear on underneath) and said, "I showered" and she'd check us off. This worked until she caught on and made the students start "dropping" their towels to inspect if their skin was wet...around that time her sexuality became well known, and some parents had a real hissy about it. This was in the mid 1970's.

Edit: it wasn't the gym teacher we were worried about seeing our naked bodies, it was our classmates - girls that age are CRUEL about each others' development.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2013, 05:05 AM

5,938 posts, read 4,699,219 times
In my opinion, the odds that a teacher will engage in some sort of sexual activity with a student is the same regardless of the sexual orientation of the teacher. I don't think gay or lesbian individuals are any more lecherous than straight individuals.

Last edited by dspguy; 04-05-2013 at 05:20 AM..

Old 04-05-2013, 05:08 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,051,128 times
Why not?

Old 04-05-2013, 05:09 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
We had a lesbian gym teacher in junior high, and one in high school. Turns out, they were lovers. No big deal. They were good teachers and nice ladies. The high school gym teacher didn't care whether or not we showered, but the junior high teacher made the students shower after every class. She'd have a clipboard and check our names off as we came out of the shower. When I was in her class, we "faked" taking a shower - we just wrapped our towels around ourselves (with our underwear on underneath) and said, "I showered" and she'd check us off. This worked until she caught on and made the students start "dropping" their towels to inspect if their skin was wet...around that time her sexuality became well known, and some parents had a real hissy about it. This was in the mid 1970's.

Edit: it wasn't the gym teacher we were worried about seeing our naked bodies, it was our classmates - girls that age are CRUEL about each others' development.

I only took a shower once in the locker room at school. A late bloomer, I got teased badly.
In 9th grade I had not hit puberty yet.(I started school early in Germany) I was a year younger than my classmates.

Old 04-05-2013, 05:11 AM

6 posts, read 5,386 times
So this point of view girls shouldn't go to the gyms where trainers are boys.

Old 04-05-2013, 05:35 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Lesbians have been teaching gym class since the beginning of time.

Old 04-05-2013, 05:35 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
That's not the point. Lesbians are attracted to females. It does not matter if they are 13 or 30. To toss in the pedophile aspect is off target. Imagine if it was an adult gay male who encouraged boys of 13 to be nude. The situation would be unsavory to say the least. It does depend on how personally and sexually disciplined the lesbian coaches are. Are they mature and intelligent or or they base and selfish? It really depends on character.
I can assure you I am in no way attracted to 13 year olds.

Old 04-05-2013, 06:01 AM

7,975 posts, read 7,351,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I only took a shower once in the locker room at school. A late bloomer, I got teased badly.
In 9th grade I had not hit puberty yet.(I started school early in Germany) I was a year younger than my classmates.

I was an "early" bloomer!!!!! I wasn't teased much, but I hated being ooogled in the open shower room.

Old 04-05-2013, 06:08 AM

15,863 posts, read 21,441,250 times
Just wondering OP, how does your niece know that her coach is a lesbian? How would anyone know? On the whole, all the female gym teachers that I have ever had have been more "butch", but most were also married to men. Teachers do not discuss their sex lives or relationships with their students, so I can only guess that she made an ASSumption. Remember 13 year old girls? They're vicious, even to their teachers. I remember that my favorite high school teacher was targeted for being a "lesbian" (she's not) to the point where she left teaching after 2 years and now runs a library.

Old 04-05-2013, 06:32 AM

4,373 posts, read 3,228,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redfish1 View Post
My niece that is 13 years old told me today that her track coach is a lesbian. She also told me that said coach encourages her and her teammates to shower after practice, but some of the girls don't shower because the coaches sexuality makes them uncomfortable.
I think you're looking too much into this. The coach is suggesting and reinforcing good hygiene. Why would you want your niece smelling like sweat for the rest of the day she's at school unless it was the very last class of the day?

Either way, the coach's sexuality has nothing to do with this. It's just an adult telling her student to practice good hygiene. No ands, ifs, or buts about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies