Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2013, 01:00 AM

1,655 posts, read 3,391,673 times

Advertisements

What a p**** !!

Eyewitness Video of Illinois Police Tasering a Pregnant Woman - informationliberation
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2013, 01:32 AM

6,392 posts, read 5,154,167 times
Granted, I don't think the taser was necessary, but I do have a question... Why can't she sit on the ground or lay on the ground if she's pregnant? It seems to me had she complied this would be moot.

That doesn't excuse the officer for using excessive force, but I do think that had she listened to him, this wouldn't be a discussion.

Old 04-05-2013, 01:51 AM

1,655 posts, read 3,391,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
Granted, I don't think the taser was necessary, but I do have a question... Why can't she sit on the ground or lay on the ground if she's pregnant? It seems to me had she complied this would be moot.

That doesn't excuse the officer for using excessive force, but I do think that had she listened to him, this wouldn't be a discussion.
But why do we always have to comply to their paranoid whims. What kind of threat is a pregnant woman? Just remember, pirates are human beings...prone to mistakes, and really bad ones, at that. It's just that we have been programmed/conditioned to accept their bad behavior...period. If you've ever been preggers you know its not easy to get on the ground or even sit on the ground...LOL...that, and I think she was honestly concerned for her baby.

Or maybe I'm way off base and she was a strapped crackhead...I dunno.

Old 04-05-2013, 01:59 AM

2,134 posts, read 3,034,840 times
At 8 months pregnant it can be extremely difficult to go from standing to sitting or lying down on the floor. Wtf is wrong with these cops?

Old 04-05-2013, 02:45 AM

6,392 posts, read 5,154,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkdmom View Post
But why do we always have to comply to their paranoid whims. What kind of threat is a pregnant woman? Just remember, pirates are human beings...prone to mistakes, and really bad ones, at that. It's just that we have been programmed/conditioned to accept their bad behavior...period. If you've ever been preggers you know its not easy to get on the ground or even sit on the ground...LOL...that, and I think she was honestly concerned for her baby.

Or maybe I'm way off base and she was a strapped crackhead...I dunno.
What kind of threat is a pregnant women? WOW. I have 2 kids, and I am here to tell you, if a women is pregnant, they can be damned scary if you get them mad at you, for ANY reason!

AND I also remember at 8 months, it was not easy for my wife at that time to move around, but if it was necessary to get on the ground, it can be done. Instead of arguing, do it, and then complain later. If you do so at the time they are attempting to defuse a situation, then something bad is gonna happen.

I am not saying accept their bad behavior, I am saying at the time of the incident, is not the time to argue with them.

Old 04-05-2013, 04:24 AM

1,242 posts, read 3,468,469 times
We may not always agree with the cop, lord knows I dont like dealing with their commands when I get pulled over, but you just have to listen. Maybe once, say you're pregnant, but if they still insist, you best sit.

Looks like she fought a bit with him. After several "I'm pregnant's", the cop obviously did not care. She decided to disobey and thats the result.

Old 04-05-2013, 05:02 AM

78,866 posts, read 46,420,298 times
A badge and a gun, does not make you GOD.

Old 04-05-2013, 05:11 AM

20,948 posts, read 18,995,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhemi View Post
We may not always agree with the cop, lord knows I dont like dealing with their commands when I get pulled over, but you just have to listen. Maybe once, say you're pregnant, but if they still insist, you best sit.

Looks like she fought a bit with him. After several "I'm pregnant's", the cop obviously did not care. She decided to disobey and thats the result.
What's the difference if she's pregnant?

It's not as if she's carrying a baby human, right?

Old 04-05-2013, 05:13 AM

1,242 posts, read 3,468,469 times
Watched the video again, looks like she was in the middle of something she did not need to be. She needed to back off at let the officer do his job.

She deserved it. The cop used non lethal force to get a crazy lady to cooperate.

This is not excessive force. This was not the badge and gun makes me feel like God. This was a situation were one officer was having trouble with a loud mouth prego lady getting in the way.

None of this would have happened if that lady would just shut up and listen. Thats the problem. People dont know how to just shut up and listen.

She would have had her chance to speak. When there are multiple parties, the cops need to get people separated and situations under control quick. Thats all they were trying to do.

Old 04-05-2013, 10:06 AM

78,866 posts, read 46,420,298 times
It is not about justice, it is only about control.
Welcome to the Police State.

Protect & Serve the public, this was not. No matter how much she was expressing her 1st amendment.
There are 1000's of other ways this could have gone much better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies