Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2013, 12:31 PM

491 posts, read 372,385 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
You are not Jesus, I don't need YOU to condone anything about my life. I don't need you to forgive me, or condemn me, or preach to me.

ALL I need from you, is for you to keep your religious belief out of our secular government, and leave me alone to live MY life by MY beliefs.
You are free to live your life according to how you wish. Don't use the government to force others to believe as you do - which is exactly what homosexual marriage proponents are doing.

Old 04-05-2013, 12:33 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,953,343 times
Quote:
The entire bible had been cut, chopped, edited, translated, re translated, re edited etc BY RULERS.
They use religion to subdue the masses.

So excuse me, but I refuse to live my life based on a book that has caused more suffering in this world than any other.

I think that Jesus approves of any person who loves, and cares for other people. I don't think that he would be as approving of the high and mighty "christians" who use him to demonize other humans.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
You couldn't be more right. The Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ, would not approve of the almighty church that has brainwashed the masses.

Can't argue with either of you here. While the Bible may have been inspired by the word of God, in the end it was man (or many men for that matter) who wrote it. Given some of the flaws in human nature, and the fact that some tend to have an agenda, things do tend to get twisted. Why are there so many different interpretations of Christianity alone?

Old 04-05-2013, 12:33 PM

582 posts, read 1,116,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
I hear your mom calling you. Your spaghetti-os are getting cold.
You...are...terrible !

Old 04-05-2013, 12:34 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,155,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mensa130 View Post
You are free to live your life according to how you wish. Don't use the government to force others to believe as you do - which is exactly what homosexual marriage proponents are doing.
How would me getting a civil marriage license force you to believe anything?
You could think that my marriage is not valid. I don't care what YOU think. I care about being treated equally under the laws of this country.

Old 04-05-2013, 12:37 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,049,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mensa130 View Post
The way that I see it is that homosexual marriage proponents are just asking the government to open the doors for everyone to believe whatever they want. The government should not tell someone that gay marriage is right just like they shouldn't tell someone that gay marriage is wrong. Same with heterosexual marriage.

If the government was to leave the interpretation of marriage up to the individuals, then no one would be forced to believe anything they don't want to.

Old 04-05-2013, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
The way that I see it is that homosexual marriage proponents are just asking the government to open the doors for everyone to believe whatever they want. The government should not tell someone that gay marriage is right just like they shouldn't tell someone that gay marriage is wrong. Same with heterosexual marriage.

If the government was to leave the interpretation of marriage up to the individuals, then no one would be forced to believe anything they don't want to.

Old 04-05-2013, 12:40 PM

Quote:
How would me getting a civil marriage license force you to believe anything?
You could think that my marriage is not valid. I don't care what YOU think. I care about being treated equally under the laws of this country.
If you want "equality" than spend your time getting government out of marriage, don't seek to redefine marriage.

Then anyone can call their relationship what they want and there won't be any conflict.

Old 04-05-2013, 12:44 PM

4,112 posts, read 4,464,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Just wondering.
Yes.

Old 04-05-2013, 12:45 PM

77,013 posts, read 47,448,627 times
Quote:
The entire bible had been cut, chopped, edited, translated, re translated, re edited etc BY RULERS.
They use religion to subdue the masses.

So excuse me, but I refuse to live my life based on a book that has caused more suffering in this world than any other.

I think that Jesus approves of any person who loves, and cares for other people. I don't think that he would be as approving of the high and mighty "christians" who use him to demonize other humans.
You have always been excused. It is you who insists on talking about Christianity and then cry about the repiles you get.

Old 04-05-2013, 12:47 PM

981 posts, read 1,616,590 times
Who cares? If he didn't, then he was not worth the damn time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies