Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 07:13 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,077,144 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Well we can be assured that he certainly wont be regarded or showcased in the media like the collective orgasm they would be having if he were a democrat!
Ding Ding Ding.. we have a winner...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2007, 07:47 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,322,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Louisiana elects first nonwhite governor since Reconstruction - CNN.com (http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/10/21/louisiana.governor.ap/ - broken link) And he's a REPUBLICAN!
Wow...what do u think it is a sign of? Obama will be the next president? Hmmm. Probably not. Maybe the people of Louisiana just wanted a change. I hope the new Gov. works out well

Old 10-28-2007, 07:53 PM

9,888 posts, read 10,817,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun queen View Post
Wow...what do u think it is a sign of? Obama will be the next president? Hmmm. Probably not. Maybe the people of Louisiana just wanted a change. I hope the new Gov. works out well
What would the election of an east indian, fiscally conservative, pro life, Christian, Republican, in a place like Louisianna have to do with Barrack Hussein Obama?

Old 10-28-2007, 07:54 PM

5,407 posts, read 7,792,286 times
Quote:
LOL, I was wondering what he meant by that too..

Old 10-28-2007, 07:59 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,077,144 times
Quote:
I can tell you that locally, our local newspaper caused a lot of anxiety in our local politics by supporting the first republican in 50 years.

Old 10-28-2007, 08:13 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,118,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnbound2day View Post
You are exactly right. I remember recently reading an article about how minorities are so mistreated in California, yet the studies were arranged to include whites and Asians together because putting Asians as a minority would have balanced out the story too much and killed their sensationalism.

This will be downplayed by the left, now Native Americans will be just as white as Dick Cheney when the Louisiana governor is being talked about. Prior to that they were just another minority victim of whitey.
Jindal is of East Indian heritage------his parents came from India.

Old 10-28-2007, 10:33 PM

20,321 posts, read 19,905,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
The spin of course on this will be the fact that he's not "black".. he's indian.. so it doesnt count..
And he's probably "acted white" his entire life so his election victory really doesn't count.

Old 10-29-2007, 06:49 AM

6,762 posts, read 11,625,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Jindal is of East Indian heritage------his parents came from India.
Oh, thanks for the correction, I didn't read up a lot on it yet.

So for now, Native Americans will remain full time whitey victims, while east Indians will be as white as Dick Cheney when it the topic comes up of party diversity.

Old 10-29-2007, 07:14 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,118,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnbound2day View Post
Oh, thanks for the correction, I didn't read up a lot on it yet.

So for now, Native Americans will remain full time whitey victims, while east Indians will be as white as Dick Cheney when it the topic comes up of party diversity.
I am afraid you may be onto something-------OTOH: those American Indians who have a 'can-do' attitude tend to look upon the 'poor me' crowd with contempt.

Old 10-29-2007, 07:29 AM

6,762 posts, read 11,625,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
I am afraid you may be onto something-------OTOH: those American Indians who have a 'can-do' attitude tend to look upon the 'poor me' crowd with contempt.
Very true. My grandfather was still very close to many of his full blooded Native American cousins, and they certainly never looked for pity, and did not like it when other NA's did play the poor me card.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies