Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2013, 06:48 AM

1,242 posts, read 3,478,443 times

Advertisements

Im fine with it except the age side of it. The law say's parents are responsible for their kids to age 18 so getting a pill to stop a pregnancy should be known to the parents.

Doesnt STD's scare these people anymore? Sure, you may stop the baby, but that funk isn't going to be stopped by this pill.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2013, 07:02 AM

12,149 posts, read 8,414,093 times
I hope they have a Plan C pill that cures herpes and the host of other STD's that are about to make a big comeback. Pregnancy isn't the only negative side effect of sex.

Old 05-01-2013, 07:04 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,104,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
So, what does this mean to you? I'm happy with the decision. However, if you are a person who believes that life begins at conception may be unhappy. My daughter will have them available to her. If there is birth control pills for boys, my son will be on that also. I'm taking no chances.

I applaud their decision. If it will prevent teenage pregnancy, then I'm all for it.

Old 05-01-2013, 07:05 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,104,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhemi View Post
Im fine with it except the age side of it. The law say's parents are responsible for their kids to age 18 so getting a pill to stop a pregnancy should be known to the parents.

Doesnt STD's scare these people anymore? Sure, you may stop the baby, but that funk isn't going to be stopped by this pill.

And anybody who thinks it does should pay more attention in health class.

Old 05-01-2013, 07:07 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
And anybody who thinks it does should pay more attention in health class.
Yes, because 12/13/14 year olds are responsible and take education seriously and retain that information and apply it to life and make "mature" decisions.

Old 05-01-2013, 07:13 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,036,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhemi View Post

And parents should know if their teen is having sex too.....but all to often they don't.

Also, most parents have no problem putting the financial responsibility of that unexpected grandchild off onto the tax payers, do they?

Obviously, the fear of STD's isn't enough to stop some teens, hence the problem of teen pregnancies in the first place.....that is not a good reason to throw a baby into the mix when it can be prevented.

Old 05-01-2013, 07:17 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,036,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Yes, because 12/13/14 year olds are responsible and take education seriously and retain that information and apply it to life and make "mature" decisions.
All the more reason to take advantage of everything available to make sure they don't become parents.

Old 05-01-2013, 07:19 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,165,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
So, what does this mean to you? I'm happy with the decision. However, if you are a person who believes that life begins at conception may be unhappy. My daughter will have them available to her. If there is birth control pills for boys, my son will be on that also. I'm taking no chances.
I don't have a problem, MY daughters are grown, and never needed them at 15.

Of course I am waiting, some 15 year old is going to take these pills, have a reaction, the parents are going to refuse the medical bills, because they never authorized their CHILD to take this hormone, and then they are going to sue someone.

http://www.drugs.com/sfx/plan-b-side-effects.html

Old 05-01-2013, 07:23 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,113,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Maurio View Post
If people think life begins when sperm and egg meet, they don't have to buy it. They only have to mind their own damn business and not tell others how to live. You know, it is called freedom. A foreign word for Republicans.
I believe in Personal Responsibility On The Front End™. Liberals, on the other hand, believe in Personal Responsibility on the Back End™

I bet you folks can't even figure out what that means. Much less put it in action.

Old 05-01-2013, 07:24 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,113,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
By supporting this, you have encouraged the dirtbag boy who wants to have sex with your daughter to have one more reason to do so without needing protection.
They don't get it. Don't even try to explain it to them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies