Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2013, 12:43 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,394,529 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
no, but he was on top of a person beating their face in, that is what made him a thug.
Let me point out to you that there is NO EVIDENCE that Martin was "beating" Zimmerman's "face in." There is ONLY Zimmerman's claims. The autopsy report (you know that thing where the Medical Examiner EXAMINES the body of the deceased) found only one SMALL cut on Martin's ring finger, and no bruises or scrapes or other cuts on Martin's hands. If Martin were "beating" in Zimmerman's face, there would have been other wounds or bruises on Martin's hands, as well as CUTS AND LACERATIONS all over Zimmerman's face (other than the injured nose). Surely Zimmerman would have REQUIRED stitches for a sever "beating" in the face.

IMO, Martin hit Zimmerman ONE TIME in the nose, Zimmerman FELL backwards onto his back and most likely hit his head on the ground of cement which caused the minor abrasions on the back of his head. So far, there has been absolutely NO EVIDENCE or proof which would contradict even my opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2013, 12:44 PM

77,013 posts, read 47,448,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
Looks like Trayvon's parents and Zimmerman's associates are finally talking the same language: money.

------------------------------------------------

Travyon Martin's parents settle wrongful death claim | Fox News

Travyon Martin's parents settle wrongful death claim

Published April 05, 2013
FoxNews.com

Trayvon Martin's parents have settled a wrongful death claim for an amount believed to be more than $1 million against a Florida homeowners association where their teen son was killed, Fox News confirms.

Trayvon was shot and killed by Neighborhood Watch volunteer George Zimmerman in Sanford, Fla., on Feb. 26, 2012.

Zimmerman says he fired in self defense after the 17-year-old attacked him.

In paperwork made public, both parties specified that they would keep the settlement amount confidential, The Orlando Sentinel reported.

Zimmerman’s attorney Mark O’Mara said the teen’s parents tried to settle through mediation and the association had offered $1 million, but they had reportedly rejected this amount, OrlandoSentinel.com reported.

“It is understood and agreed that the payment made herein is not to be construed as an admission of any liability by or on behalf of the releasing parties; but instead the monies being paid hereunder is consideration for avoiding litigation, the uncertainties stemming from litigation as well as to protect and secure the good name and good will of the released parties,” the settlement said.
The settlement didn't have anything to do with Zimmermann. It was between the Martins and HOA insurance company.

Old 04-06-2013, 12:46 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,164,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Let me point out to you that there is NO EVIDENCE that Martin was "beating" Zimmerman's "face in." There is ONLY Zimmerman's claims. The autopsy report (you know that thing where the Medical Examiner EXAMINES the body of the deceased) found only one SMALL cut on Martin's ring finger, and no bruises or scrapes or other cuts on Martin's hands. If Martin were "beating" in Zimmerman's face, there would have been other wounds or bruises on Martin's hands, as well as CUTS AND LACERATIONS all over Zimmerman's face (other than the injured nose). Surely Zimmerman would have REQUIRED stitches for a sever "beating" in the face.

IMO, Martin hit Zimmerman ONE TIME in the nose, Zimmerman FELL backwards onto his back and most likely hit his head on the ground of cement which caused the minor abrasions on the back of his head. So far, there has been absolutely NO EVIDENCE or proof which would contradict even my opinion.
so what, he got hit in the face and george used SYG to protect himself from the thug trayvon.

I will be glad George is let go from custody.

Old 04-06-2013, 12:51 PM

77,772 posts, read 104,378,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
LEGALLY a person is presumed innocent. The public can and does come to various conclusions about a high-profile case long before a trial commences. That's normal. If you don't live in the Judicial Circuit where the trial will take place and therefore cannot possibly be part of the jury pool, speculation about the case is no problem.
but what you forget, we are talking about is whether or not he will be found guilty, not so much is he guilty? As I have mentioned, how many people really think Casey Anthony was innocent? Not many, but is she walking around, a free woman? Yes. And then we have the famous OJ case, how many people really an honestly say, they do not think he was responsible for the death of two people, but he was cleared? How about Kobe B, most people think he was guilty (btw I don't) but he was cleared...We could go on and on. Do I think Zimmerman is a jerk? I sure do, but I don't think he intended to kill anyone and he was provoked. Does that make it right? No, it does mean he probably isn't guilty of 2nd degree murder. Hey, he may be a racist, that still doesn't make him guilty of second degree murder..

Old 04-06-2013, 12:53 PM

2,463 posts, read 2,778,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECLand View Post
I'm sure they would rather have their son and the life with him and probably Grand kids that will never be. All because some wanna be cop attacked him for walking wrong.
Or maybe, Trayvon would have ended up as a career criminal, and his death meant saving so many others from being his victims.

Old 04-06-2013, 12:55 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,221,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
This is from the gun loving, right wing Washington Post ---

"A lab report, based on an examination of the two sweatshirts Martin was wearing, found holes and gunshot residue consistent with a “contact shot,” meaning the gun was pressed against Martin’s chest. An autopsy report said that the gunshot wound indicated he was shot from an “intermediate range,” which experts say is between one and 18 inches away."

Trayvon Martin documents reveal new details in case - The Washington Post

You'll find a way to find those results unfavorable to gz, but they're helpful to him.
I would have to say that if I were walking through an apartment complex grounds, and got into an altercation with someone, and that person pulled a pistol on me, I definitely would be backing down from the fight.

One should never bring skittles and tea to a gunfight.

Old 04-06-2013, 12:57 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,568,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
If he was smart he'd still be alive.
Having a person with a firearm (or even without) follow you at night time, would probably be enough for a fight/flight response from most people. What might be the smart move in one situation might be the wrong move in another.

Uniformed cops were the best people to deal with the situation but I suspect the shooter may have had a case of "Buck Fever', so didn't make the smart move.

The parents are doing the right thing by seeking compensation imo.

Old 04-06-2013, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southking500 View Post
haha FancyFeast you are one to talk about bias! Do you think the death threats emanating from the "Justice for Trayvon" lynch mob could have any effect on the witnesses? Or the media campaign to paint Zimmerman as a racist, and the continuing movement (evidenced by this thread) to demonize anyone who doesn't march in lockstep with the narrative created by the Martin attorneys?
When I first read this story accompanied by the baby-faced photo of Martin, I was outraged. Then as I learned more I was outraged again - by the lies, distortions and blatant race card playing.
I think what makes witnesses rethink what they saw is their being put under oath prior to recounting what they saw or heard. Perjury makes people think twice in order to be sure they tell the truth.

the information available about this case was provided by many sources, not just the Martin's attorney. In fact, the court file is posted online for anyone to read everything filed there. Most of the media reports at this time are coming from reporters who actually attend court hearings on this case OR from reading the court files.

The media "influence" by the Martin family attorneys and their supporters has long ago ceased. I guess if people just read the sensational headlines when a situation like this erupts, and don't bother to follow up or read later news accounts, certainly they would not know what's going on in the case because of their lack of interest or laziness.

Old 04-06-2013, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
but what you forget, we are talking about is whether or not he will be found guilty, not so much is he guilty? As I have mentioned, how many people really think Casey Anthony was innocent? Not many, but is she walking around, a free woman? Yes. And then we have the famous OJ case, how many people really an honestly say, they do not think he was responsible for the death of two people, but he was cleared? How about Kobe B, most people think he was guilty (btw I don't) but he was cleared...We could go on and on. Do I think Zimmerman is a jerk? I sure do, but I don't think he intended to kill anyone and he was provoked. Does that make it right? No, it does mean he probably isn't guilty of 2nd degree murder. Hey, he may be a racist, that still doesn't make him guilty of second degree murder..
Sorry, I don't really get what you're talking about ^^^...what your point is.

A trial is about proving someone broke the law within the rules of evidence and procedure. There are written rules about what information can and cannot be presented to a jury. If you cannot prove guilt within those rules, usually the person is not convicted. It's really a paradox sort of. It's not about "truth" yet often the "truth" is found.

The State failed to prove guilt (within those rules) of Casey Anthony and O.J. Simpson. Those people got a fair trial. Casey Anthony and O.J. can be not guilty and not innocent at the same time. One has to do with laws and rules; the other has to do with ultimate "truth"...

Koby Bryant never went to trial. The accuser dropped the charges.

The system is designed to place a heavy burden on the State so that we don't end up with an overly POWERFUL STATE. Those controls are there to protect you, the citizen.

In fact, I believe I've been hearing a lot of complaints of late about the President's power to imprison people deemed "terrorists" without a trial, so maybe the "State" in terms of federal law is pushing the boundary of that protection.

Old 04-06-2013, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
so what, he got hit in the face and george used SYG to protect himself from the thug trayvon.

I will be glad George is let go from custody.
If George used "SYG" to protect himself why did he waive the immunity hearing which could have set him free and thrown out the case???? There is no immunity hearing scheduled prior to trial, so this thing is going to a full-blown jury trial....unless of course the State happened to offer George a good plea deal and George accepted it.

FYI, George is claiming self defense, not specifically SYG. His attorney filed an affirmative defense in this case, which means that the presumption of innocence is out the window and George has to put on evidence of self defense at the trial.

George has to put on convincing evidence that Martin was actually intent on killing him or causing great bodily harm, or that he, George, was in fear for his life or great bodily harm. How does George do that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies