Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2013, 08:26 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
That is an interesting comment coming from someone that prefers to be a keyboard commando. Granted there are individuals who thrive on the idea of a strengous regimented training but the majority of military members join the military the same reason that you look for work, to provide for their families. There are some that go in for educational opportunities and others that go in for travel but I repeat no one goes in with the thoughts of going to war and getting hurt. Yes there is a chance that it can happen and it is usually cause by those who never served for the benefit of large multi-national companies. Do you really think that it is a coindence that when the economy is bad that military membership are always at it's highest levels? I guess that it does not matter that the same people that never served in the military are the same ones that are responsible for the economic downturn as well
I never signed up for the military because I did not wish to go to war. The whining suicidal vet could have made the same choice. Let me repeat--it is pretty simple---if you do not wish to go to war do not join the military. The purpose of the military is not to provide you with college funding and lifetime inferior healthcare. Those are incentives so you will be more likely to join and be around to go to war if needed.

Old 04-14-2013, 01:31 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,165,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
He did not join the Army to go to Iraq,....
That's an incredibly silly statement by the author.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
Congress did not start the war....
Of course Congress did. You might want to review the legislation:

House Resolution H.J. Res. 114 296 in favor; 133 opposed
Senate: 77 in favor: 23 opposed

Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
Yes, and the relevant fact here is that George W. Bush launched a war of aggression against Iraq, a war which undercut American security while also destroying the lives of thousands of Americans and hundreds of thousands of Iraqis.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I am sure many, if not most, Americans agree the Iraq war was one the worst mistakes this country has ever made.
That is undetermined at this time.

Speaking in light of purely unbiased objective long-term global Geo-political strategy, the Iraq War was the right thing for the US to do.

Who wants a much lower standard of living and poor life-style?

No one?

Yeah, that's what I thought.....

Quote:
he was not dying from wounds that he got there, Bush WAS the president when he signed up for the Army, why did'nt you go since you believe in them so much?
Quote:
That he picked and choosed what intelligence information to accept as long as it went for going to war with a country that had nothing to do with 9/11. Everything that the solider said is true. If there is a hell Bush/Cheney will sit right next to Hitler and Stalin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
And you also don't like the fact that this young soldier wrote a letter expressing his opinions about what he's been through.
He is not expressing opinions, rather he is expressing bigoted beliefs.

Quote:
Let me see if I understand this. We should not blame Bush for the war in Iraq, the fallen soldiers there, or the soldiers who were killed there because Bush ignored pleas for suitable body armor for the soldier there.
And then Democrats held up the bill by adding $Millions in wasted spending.

Yes, it's true, Steve Chabot-Ohio (R) vote 8 times against the bill, but that was because Democrats seized the opportunity to fill it full of pork.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
His line about 'mythical WMD' is shown here to be a standard parrot line from the left.

The 'lies about WMD' meme has been debunked more than anything this side of the flat earth theory, yet these lefties still hold onto it.

Even Saddam's own senior people believed that he still had a stash of WMD right up to the invasion
The, uh, "Weapons of Mass Destruction" (snicker) were mythical.

Iraq never had nuclear weapons, nor did Iraq ever have the capability to produce nuclear weapons.

Iraq did possess chemical weapons purchased from the United States, France, Czechoslovakia and an Asian State (probably North Korea), however those weapons were all destroyed in 1991.

I'm guessing either most of you are too young, or have forgotten about Union Carbide in Bophal, India. I guess it's a good thing it wasn't NYC or LA.

Did Iraq possess biological weapons? I was there and I didn't care. I would explain it, but since the vast majority don't even know what a 'vector' is, there's little point.

Quote:
He was hoodwinked into fighting an immoral war,...
He could have deserted, went AWOL, changed status as CO, or done half a dozen other things.

But, he didn't. He could have been injured just as badly, if not worse, in Afghanistan.

And did you stop paying taxes in protest of the war? No, you didn't, so you tacitly supported the war.

Are you forfeiting or foregoing the benefits of the Iraq War? No? That kind of makes you an hypocrite....

The War is immoral, but I benefit from it, so that's okay.

Quote:
... was severely injured because Bush/Cheney did not provide adequate armor,...
That is pure speculation and conjecture on your part.

Sure, body armor kept the death toll under 50,000 but then those troops that would have died without body armor are double, triple, and quadruple amputees, have TBIs, are blind and/or deaf and have severe burns on their neck and face.

No doubt you lack the requisite level of high school physics to understand the dynamics of combustion.

Quote:
... and is dying.
By his own choice.

Quote:
Should he be laughing?
If he's watching the 3 Stooges he should be.

Quote:
Then you are denying that we have a real problem.
No one is denying there is a problem.

Quote:
There is something about being used as a human shill to fight a war that had no purpose that destroys the self-respect of soldiers.
That has nothing to do with it.

I'd explain it, but you wouldn't understand. There's help out there, but you have to ask for help, because Liberals enacted laws saying it is illegal to help people until the ask for help.

If those veterans are committing suicide, that's sad, but then it's their choice, not only to commit suicide, but also their choice to refuse to seek help.

Quote:
The author of this letter is dying and is in a hospice. Where did you get the impression that he was committing suicide?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
He's refusing to be fed and allowing himself to die. What would your definition of suicide be?
Since he's a Liberal he'd probably call it Post-Partial-Birth-Self-Assisted-Abortion.

Quote:
I have, like many other disabled veterans, suffered from the inadequate and often inept care provided by the Veterans Administration. I have, like many other disabled veterans, come to realize that our mental and physical wounds are of no interest to you, perhaps of no interest to any politician. We were used. We were betrayed. And we have been abandoned.
That's amusing.

I've been in a VA hospital for 2 weeks now. I start physical therapy tomorrow for four weeks. That was the 4th surgery in the last 3 years. Hopefully, I'll get discharged about 3rd week of May, get to go home to take care of some business, and come back to wait on the VA to see if they increase my disability rating.

If he doesn't like the VA health care system, he's got Obamacrap™ so what's he whining about?

You know what would be really cool for Reality TV? You could have him marry Cindy-what's-her-name (the Democrat Party's mascot) who was protesting because her son was killed in Iraq.

Amused....

Mircea

Old 04-14-2013, 02:15 PM

8,893 posts, read 5,371,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea;29120353

You know what would be really cool for Reality TV? You could have him marry Cindy-what's-her-name (the Democrat Party's mascot) who was protesting because her son was killed in Iraq.

[I
Amused....[/i]

Mircea
Excellent idea! Make sure to tell her everything you'd like kept confidential.

Old 04-14-2013, 03:58 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,320,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
I never signed up for the military because I did not wish to go to war. The whining suicidal vet could have made the same choice. Let me repeat--it is pretty simple---if you do not wish to go to war do not join the military. The purpose of the military is not to provide you with college funding and lifetime inferior healthcare. Those are incentives so you will be more likely to join and be around to go to war if needed.

Like I said before there are very few who sign up with the incipation of actually killing someone. The military is part business and part vocational school. It provides those who are not quite really for college and opportunity to learn some kind of skill and reap some benefits for doing so. I will not call you a coward or any other insulting name for not joining, nor will I try to throw the guilt/shame game about you not giving a damn about the protection of this country either. For me to do so would make me a hypocrite because I forbid my youngest son from even considering the military, eventhough his grandfather (20years), his father (20years) and his older brother (currently enlisted) are/have serve(d).

The military's tactics of offering educational and other benefits or not different then a business offering a signing bonus and therefore is very much a part of getting the best to sign up. Besides according to you police officers and firemen/women take similiar chances when they join their respective professions of getting killed should they not do just of it?

One more point, those who join the military already realize that they signed up with that thought in the back of their minds, but no one would should expect that our government which is basically what they are projecting would lie and send them to potentialy die for a cause that was morally wrong and not suffer the backlash for their evil deeds.

Old 10-29-2013, 04:33 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Default Dying vet’s letter to George Bush & Dick Cheney

To: George W. Bush and Dick Cheney

I write this letter on the 10th anniversary of the Iraq War on behalf of my fellow Iraq War veterans. I write this letter on behalf of the 4,488 soldiers and Marines who died in Iraq. I write this letter on behalf of the hundreds of thousands of veterans who have been wounded and on behalf of those whose wounds, physical and psychological, have destroyed their lives. I am one of those gravely wounded. I was paralyzed in an insurgent ambush in 2004 in Sadr City. My life is coming to an end. I am living under hospice care....

http://dangerousminds.net/comments/d...eds_to_be_read

Poor guy and there are so many like him. To read the entire letter you wouldn need to place the thread title in your browser since their is a four letter word expletive within the link which the CD site will not accept.

Last edited by sickofnyc; 10-29-2013 at 06:02 PM..

Old 10-29-2013, 04:43 PM

4,512 posts, read 5,054,158 times
Unless I'm mistaken, isn't military service voluntary ?

Old 10-29-2013, 04:47 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,035,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodpete View Post
Yes it is, and so is believing left wing nut job propaganda.

Old 10-29-2013, 04:58 PM

1,391 posts, read 1,233,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Yes it is, and so is believing left wing nut job propaganda.
True. As well as Powell type propaganda.

Old 10-29-2013, 04:59 PM

6,104 posts, read 5,990,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodpete View Post
Military Service is voluntary but Bush, Cheney and the GOP took advantage of the tragic deaths of several thousand Americans on 9-11-01 to whip this nation into a blood lust to strike down people who had nothing to do with the events in New York, Washington DC and Pennsylvania. The same Bush, Cheney and GOP that let 22 Saudis and Egyptians walz into this nation and carry out their plans and the bastards ignored warnings from Intelligence pros that Al Qaeda was going to strike. They ignored the warnings because it was either too much trouble or didn't fit into their plans (Do you remember what was the nation they were messing around with in the first summer of this millenium?) So with the collusion of the media this poorly educated nation bought the Bush-Cheney line and grabed a gun and marched off to war.

Old 10-29-2013, 06:21 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,365,741 times
Bush had the power to start the war and continue it without Congressional approval for 90 days.
Make no mistake. Bush started the Iraq war, period. Congress buckled and allowed him to continue the war after the 90 days were up.
The American people thought Iraq would be a replay of Desert Storm, the first Iraqi war, but there was one vital difference: We left Iraq the first time faster than we went in. We occupied Iraq the second time for years.

We won both wars in *** time. The Iraqi army was crippled both times in the wink of an eye.

We were slaughtered during the occupation, not the war.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies