Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2013, 11:06 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,755,730 times

Advertisements

I think anyone who is so hard-wired to hear only what they want to hear has issues. You see them on both wings. Ignoring science is just one of the services partisan wingnuts provide.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2013, 04:20 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,879,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
Hmmm, it's alive, even the dullest dullard must acknowledge that. So, I take it it's canine? Feline? Reptilian? This is going to be fun.

You see, since you've wedded yourself to this moronic principle that if something is human and is alive, we should confer rights upon it, you simply must perform these contortions you're beginning right here. Sperm is alive and it can be nothing else but human. This should be obvious even to low-grade imbeciles. But knowing how absurd it would sound to argue that rights should be conferred to sperm, you must take the unenviable path of trying to argue that either sperm is not alive or that it is not human. And so we are back to my question above, what type of life is it?

I will allow you at this point to amend your principle and start on the road to nuanced thinking by stating that some human life should be provided rights while other human life should not.
Err--I have never argued we should confer rights from conception. I support abortion, I oppose cap and trade. I will not engage in dishonest debate tactics by arguing that life does not begin at conception or that CO2 is not a greenhouse gas.

The denial of facts is such a common debate tactic among the left and right that your simple acknowledgement of a fact leads others to believe you support or oppose a certain political agenda.

I need to thank cc for demonstrating my point.

Last edited by whogo; 04-07-2013 at 05:04 AM..

Old 04-07-2013, 09:46 AM

5,261 posts, read 4,153,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Err--I have never argued we should confer rights from conception. I support abortion, I oppose cap and trade. I will not engage in dishonest debate tactics by arguing that life does not begin at conception or that CO2 is not a greenhouse gas.

The denial of facts is such a common debate tactic among the left and right that your simple acknowledgement of a fact leads others to believe you support or oppose a certain political agenda.

I need to thank cc for demonstrating my point.
You haven't explained what form of life exists with the testes and ovaries prior to conception. You have stated it is not human, so I'd be interested in hearing what form of life it is. Then I'd be interested in hearing what form of human life there is beyond "individual human life."

Old 04-07-2013, 09:54 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,930,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELR123 View Post
The fact that 1 in 5 Republicans think Obama is the antichrist should be embarrassing for the party. That boggles my mind.
Who told you this......Media Matters
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies