Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 05:57 AM

4,834 posts, read 6,120,292 times

Advertisements

My compliments go out to Loujr. and GENO-777 for their downright basic and absolutely beautiful expressions of disdain for that Fonda woman...and I couldn't care less who her father was!

All I know is that like thousands of others, many who never made it back to their families, jane fonda will always be, in my heart, the worst of all American Traitors...bar none.... It makes me want to throw up when I think of how and where I served just to protect even HER rights

Old 02-21-2008, 06:37 AM

68,327 posts, read 54,350,985 times
[quote=UncleBatz;2890577]
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post

May I ask how you know it is "urban myth" as you put it? Did you serve in Nam..were you there?

From what I've read, people who were there have said this note passing never took place. I haven't seen anything but uncorroborated hatred to contradict that.

And the fact is she was just some actress flapping her jaw, it wasn't her that was responsible for involving the US in that mess in the first place. She may be a convenient, publicity-rich target but as I've said, put the blame where it belongs, try McNamara, he should be hanged for treason, the National Mall would be a fitting site for the gallows, I would gladly pull the lever.

Old 02-21-2008, 06:45 AM

9,803 posts, read 16,182,471 times
I remember vividly, seeing on the news, her straddling a North Vietnam anti aircraft gun ,wearing a big smile on her face.

One would assume she would have gotten such a cold shoulder when returning home, she would have left.

Yet some people embraced the traitor and nearly 40 years later she was a featured speaker at an anti war rally in Washington DC.

How in the world can protesters proclaim----"we are against the war, but support the troops"-------and then give Jane Fonda a thunderous applause at the ant war rally in DC ?

Old 02-21-2008, 06:49 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
[color=black]I may of may not agree with Ms. Fonda's sentiments but I will absolutely defend her right to say what ever she wants. In my opinion getting into your own colonial war is a stupid use of resources but getting into somebody else's is just plain criminal.

BTW - I had an interesting summer vacation as a member of the Riverine Forces, Mekong Delta, RSVN, 1966-1967.

Old 02-21-2008, 08:10 AM

Angry Please stay on topic...don't be aloof

[quote=burdell;2895769]
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleBatz View Post

From what I've read,
people who were there have said this note passing never took place. I haven't seen anything but uncorroborated hatred to contradict that.

What I highlited from your own statement in red above says it all. Evidently you never served as you sluffed off that questio going right back at McNamara.

Please do not try to replace your own personal and political opinions for "facts". There are Nam Vets out there who disagree with me but they FOUGHT
for that right. Did you?

And the fact is she was just some actress flapping her jaw, it wasn't her that was responsible for involving the US in that mess in the first place. She may be a convenient, publicity-rich target but as I've said, put the blame where it belongs, try McNamara, he should be hanged for treason, the National Mall would be a fitting site for the gallows, I would gladly pull the lever.
May I also suggest that you stay ON TOPIC. The OP asked what we thought of JANE fONDA A/K/A Hanoi Jane...not Robert McNamara or anyone else. If you want to start a thread about him then do so...but this thread is about only one person....hanoi jane.

Old 02-21-2008, 08:19 AM

Quote:

May I also suggest that you stay ON TOPIC. The OP asked what we thought of JANE fONDA A/K/A Hanoi Jane...not Robert McNamara or anyone else. If you want to start a thread about him then do so...but this thread is about only one person....hanoi jane.

I think Jane Fonda was a stupid youngster who flapped her jaw and became a convenient, publicity-rich target for people's mis-directed anger while the the true culprits are given a walk.

If you were in Hanoi and personally witnessed the at this time alleged note passing please tell us exactly what took place. Or is it something you've read or heard?

As it stands now even Saddam Hussein was granted a better shot at justice than Jane Fonda, isn't that special?

Old 02-21-2008, 08:23 AM

272 posts, read 784,300 times
Dear Jane....your so hot....the heat must have twisted your brain.....
Its nice to speak your mind about things you hold dear...
But Hanoi's no fun.....why go there? What a drain!....
The advice that you took was bad that is clear....
Because you sat in a gun that shot down OUR planes.....

Old 02-21-2008, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I think Jane Fonda was a stupid youngster who flapped her jaw and became a convenient, publicity-rich target for people's mis-directed anger while the the true culprits are given a walk.

If you were in Hanoi and personally witnessed the at this time alleged note passing please tell us exactly what took place. Or is it something you've read or heard?

As it stands now even Saddam Hussein was granted a better shot at justice than Jane Fonda, isn't that special?
Well, burdell, since you have no facts to back up your argument, just rhetoric that you probably read somewhere (still haven't told us if you ever served) here is a link to some FACTS.

Watch Jane sit...Watch Jane smile...watch while Americans were dying in Viet Nam.

Jane Fonda A.K.A. Hanoi Jane

I rest my case. Veteran of America stand up for what is right and right is to turn our backs on Hanoi Jane as she turned her back on us

Old 02-21-2008, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Well, burdell, since you have no facts to back up your argument, just rhetoric that you probably read somewhere (still haven't told us if you ever served) here is a link to some FACTS.

Watch Jane sit...Watch Jane smile...watch while Americans were dying in Viet Nam.

Jane Fonda A.K.A. Hanoi Jane

I rest my case. Veteran of America stand up for what is right and right is to turn our backs on Hanoi Jane as she turned her back on us

I never questioned the fact she did stupid things, I have yet to see PROOF of the note passing allegation, THAT's what I question.

Since you haven't stated that you were in Hanoi to personally witness the alleged note=passing I have to believe it's just some rhetoric you probably read somewhere.

Yes, she did stupid things, but in the context of the times I don't believe her stupidity cracks the top 100 of the stupidity that was generated in Washington DC at the time. If you enjpy having a scapegoat that's your choice, it doesn't change the FACT that it was the same people who sent you there that turned their backs on you.

Everybody who can honestly say they NEVER did a stupid thing in their life stand up and cheer.

Awfully quiet out there

Last edited by burdell; 02-21-2008 at 10:07 AM..

Old 02-21-2008, 09:55 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,142,009 times

All this anger ! HaHa! I LOVE Janey!!!!!!!!!!

Brave, smart, successful, richer than YOU

But you keep raggin' on her ....

obviously another planned distraction from what's happening NOW in America......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies