Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2013, 01:09 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,443,387 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Big government requires BIG forms

What about those poor people that have no ID, can't afford to get a copy of their birth certificates and what not ?
Supposedly these are citizens with the right to vote without showing anything.
Why can't they get Obamacare without showing anything as well ?

If you can't get Obamacare how can they tax you for not having it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2013, 01:15 PM

Quote:
No it wasn't. If you can vote without showing proof of who you are why can't you get obamacare without showing proof of who you are as well ?

Sure you can get obamacare, pay the premium and there you go, insurers can't turn you down.

Old 04-07-2013, 01:17 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
Sure you can get obamacare, pay the premium and there you go, insurers can't turn you down.
Well these are people that supposedly can't afford insurance and need the government subsidy.

Old 04-07-2013, 01:18 PM

Quote:
If you can't get Obamacare how can they tax you for not having it?
They will keep your tax refund as payment of the penalty for not having insurance.
So just make sure you don't get a refund and you can skip needing insurance.

Old 04-07-2013, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Did you read about these "navigators" the government will hire ?
$20-$48 per hour and they will come from the ranks of unions, healthcare and community groups like ACORN.
California requested 21,000 "navigators".
The government will also pay for translators for our English challenged citizens.

Part of the Obamacare signup involves signing a voter registration if you aren't registered.
I guess that's where ACORN comes in since they have so much experience.

LOL..nearly $50/hour just to "navigate" a webform for people...where do I sign up ??

Tens of thousands Obamacare 'navigators' to be hired | WashingtonExaminer.com

WTF? Where do I sign up? How about competition and letting the market decide? I'll do it for $10 an hour.

Old 04-07-2013, 01:22 PM

Quote:
HAH..I love how the left defended the voting rights of those "citizens" that had no ID or proof of citizenship yet won't broach the subject in this thread about the Obamacare form.

ROFL....speak up lefties..voter ID laws were discriminatory because they wanted proof.
Why isn't this just as discriminatory against the poor and old who still don't have ID's/birth certificates ?

Voter ID lars are discriminatory if the proof isn't free of charge. duh.

Old 04-07-2013, 01:25 PM

122 posts, read 337,401 times
Hey kids, in a world were the rich get richer and poor poorer, know thyself. Once you're poor, stay down!

Old 04-07-2013, 01:26 PM

Quote:
They will keep your tax refund as payment of the penalty for not having insurance.
So just make sure you don't get a refund and you can skip needing insurance.

Yeah I know. I gotta be extra careful because I also have a student loan issue. Currently my tax refunds are intercepted by Treasury and sent off to Ed.

Turns out that there is a hierarchy to the grabbing and federal taxes are grabbed before anything else.

So if I owed an Obamacare penalty, they would grab my tax refund and apply it to the penalty/tax, with little or nothing going toward the student loan.

Old 04-07-2013, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Well these are people that supposedly can't afford insurance and need the government subsidy.

If they don't get the subsidy and insurance would cost more than 8% of their gross income, they are exempt from the individual mandate.

Old 04-07-2013, 01:52 PM

Quote:
WTF? Where do I sign up? How about competition and letting the market decide? I'll do it for $10 an hour.
I actually did some internet hunting and couldn't find any website to apply.
I'd do that as well for $20-$48/hour.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies