Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2013, 11:16 AM

3,038 posts, read 2,513,842 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
*LMAO* Your own link points to a major problem with the study. The author of the flawed study didn't even know how to use controls correctly.
Look at the people criticizing this study.

No bias there. LOL.

Old 04-07-2013, 11:16 AM

8,299 posts, read 8,606,493 times
You mean a study presented at the conference RENACER, which is a member of PATH, which stands for Positive Alternatives to Homosexuality?
Positive Alternatives to Homosexuality - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 04-07-2013, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
I'm sure the MSM and liberal academics would find something to pick out. The findings still have merit.
No, they don't. Research 101. Methodology is everything in such studies. Flaw in the methodology? Guess what, the research is for crap.

Old 04-07-2013, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioRules View Post
Look at the people criticizing this study.

No bias there. LOL.
Oh, well if you are going to dismiss critics of the study because of bias, you will surely dismiss the study itself based on the bias of those that funded the study. Not going to be a hypocrite, are you?

"Regnerus was upfront about the funding from conservative groups . . ."

Old 04-07-2013, 11:21 AM

Quote:
No, they don't. Methodology is everything in such studies. Flaw in the methodology? Guess what, the research is for crap.
So left-leaning, pro-homosexual groups tell you they have no merit and we are supossed to believe you? lols.

The overwhelming statistical evidence proves that kids do best when raised by intact heterosexual couples. It's always been this way, it likely always will be.

I have no idea why liberals try and say different. They like to ignore facts when they don't match their emotions I reckon.

Old 04-07-2013, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Oh, well if you are going to dismiss critics of the study because of bias, you will surely dismiss the study itself based on the bias of those that funded the study. Not going to be a hypocrite, are you?

"Regnerus was upfront about the funding from conservative groups . . ."
You are a hypocrit here, not me.

you're the one dismissing the study because of what the critics say, not accounting for the critics bias.

Old 04-07-2013, 11:24 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,254,453 times
My mistake.

I saw "Catholic News Agency" and chose to not open it.

I wonder if the CNA reported on this study, done by the American Academy of Pediatrics :

Coparent or Second-Parent Adoption by Same-Sex Parents

And, as far as that other article, it dealt with the fact that adoptive children of same sex couples face more stress. Could that stress be a direct result of the intolerance these kids face from ignorant bigots?

My suggestion would be to support same sex adoption but get rid of the ignorant bigots.

Old 04-07-2013, 11:26 AM

22,632 posts, read 14,943,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadJuju View Post
So straight people don't rape each other or kids. That's news to me.
Exactly the point.

Why is it some people are determined to post things that attempt to smear and defame the LGBT Community?

News flash: there are hundreds of thousands of same sex couples doing an excellent job raising kids.

Last edited by Clark Park; 04-07-2013 at 12:05 PM..

Old 04-07-2013, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioRules View Post
So left-leaning, pro-homosexual groups tell you they have no merit and we are supossed to believe you? lols.

The overwhelming statistical evidence proves that kids do best when raised by intact heterosexual couples. It's always been this way, it likely always will be.

I have no idea why liberals try and say different. They like to ignore facts when they don't match their emotions I reckon.
You reckon wrong. The author of the study didn't control correctly for the variables in the population of the study. Pretty simple. And, if you need further evidence:

""Whether same-sex parenting causes the observed differences cannot be determined from Regnerus' descriptive analysis," said Cynthia Osborne, associate professor at the Lyndon B. Johnson School of Public Affairs at The University of Texas at Austin."

Old 04-07-2013, 11:30 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,241,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
You are defending these people?

That is really sick.

I guess that some rape is legitimate in your mind?
Alleged:

Adjective
(of an incident or a person) Said, without proof, to have taken place or to have a specified illegal or undesirable quality.
Synonyms
supposed - reputed - so-called - professed

Didn't you say something once about attending law school? or, wanting to be an attorney?
You'll need to familiarize yourself with the word above.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies