Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2013, 10:12 PM

6,712 posts, read 13,461,151 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Meh...I doubt the average liberal cares about Rick Warren or what happened to his son.

So a few gay people said this or that. What difference does it make? They didnt kill the kid, and no matter what they say or how hateful they are, they had nothing to do with his death nor can the kid be resurrected. That's the long and short of it.

So sure...I send him my "condolences," whatever the hell that means. (It's basically gibberish that people say when someone dies and they can't think of anything worthwhile to say)
I could care less for Rick Warren and always thought him to be just another in the long line of scheming charlatans taking advantage of the ignorant and stupid. I tend to feel that way about pretty much all "men of the cloth."

That being said, I would never wish this upon him or any other such person and I feel badly for the entirety of the kid's friends and loved ones. Well, let's put it this way. I don't feel badly and it's not like anyone else does either. We all ate today, got some sleep, did the crossword and played with our dogs without this even running across our minds. These euphemisms in the English language kind of drive me crazy. But, no one should have to go through the loss of their own child by their own hands, in my opinion.

I would like to point out, though, that many people take their lives on a daily basis. Depression and many other forms of mental illness are becoming a growing epidemic in this country. Yes, it was the son of a famous person but that doesn't mean his life meant more or was worth more than any other person who has committed the same act.

For all the news surrounding this, I tend to grow a little disgusted when people think of the life of Warren's son as somehow worth more or in better standing than someone else's. However, I would think higher of Warren if he could find a way to use his fame and this tragedy to shine a light on the growing epidemic of mental ailments in this country and to reduce the stigma of seeking help.

Old 04-07-2013, 10:35 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSTroop View Post
I could care less for Rick Warren and always thought him to be just another in the long line of scheming charlatans taking advantage of the ignorant and stupid. I tend to feel that way about pretty much all "men of the cloth."

That being said, I would never wish this upon him or any other such person and I feel badly for the entirety of the kid's friends and loved ones. Well, let's put it this way. I don't feel badly and it's not like anyone else does either. We all ate today, got some sleep, did the crossword and played with our dogs without this even running across our minds. These euphemisms in the English language kind of drive me crazy. But, no one should have to go through the loss of their own child by their own hands, in my opinion.

I would like to point out, though, that many people take their lives on a daily basis. Depression and many other forms of mental illness are becoming a growing epidemic in this country. Yes, it was the son of a famous person but that doesn't mean his life meant more or was worth more than any other person who has committed the same act.

For all the news surrounding this, I tend to grow a little disgusted when people think of the life of Warren's son as somehow worth more or in better standing than someone else's. However, I would think higher of Warren if he could find a way to use his fame and this tragedy to shine a light on the growing epidemic of mental ailments in this country and to reduce the stigma of seeking help.
Pretty much how I felt. I'm not rejoicing about his son dying, but I'm not thinking about it either. I don't know Rick Warren, and its not my business. If my son died, he wouldn't be thinking about me either.

That said, yea...its sad, but oh well.

Old 04-07-2013, 11:08 PM

22,662 posts, read 24,605,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioRules View Post
Liberals base their life on hate.

This doesn't surprise me.

Wait until a Dick Cheney or a Rush Limbaugh or a Clarence Thomas dies. You'll see what the left is all about then.

I have already seen it over and over again. The Libscum almost had a stroke when Dick Cheney got a new heart...........LMFAO!

Old 04-07-2013, 11:23 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,560 posts, read 16,548,014 times
Republicans/Conservatives seem to be forgetting their brethren's reaction to the death of Teddy Kennedy.

That being said, it seems most people arent reading the articles posted. The majority of the quotes are not mocking this mans death.

Also, why is this even considered a left verse right issue. There are many gay people who are republican and hate what Rick Warren preaches.

Anyone got proof that everyone posting on twitter was a liberal ? Heck, how about proof that they were even lying in what they said?

Old 04-07-2013, 11:28 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,641,969 times
Quote:

Wait until a Dick Cheney or a Rush Limbaugh or a Clarence Thomas dies. You'll see what the left is all about then.
So do you feel a very deep, heart felt hatred in your heart against homosexuals?

Old 04-07-2013, 11:28 PM

2,294 posts, read 2,662,185 times
Quote:

I can only speak for myself, as an unapologetic liberal, but...

I do not rejoice in the death of anyone.

Whether it be Rick Warren's son, Rush Limbaugh, or 100,000 Iraqi civilians.

Please do not generalize.

Old 04-07-2013, 11:30 PM

30,357 posts, read 51,950,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
This is something that scares me about liberals. They lack a heart. I'm shocked over and over when liberals celebrate tragedies that happen to anyone they don't like. And they vote....
Oh, so first they're called "bleeding hearts," and now you claim liberals have NO heart? I just can't keep up with all the conservative hypocrisies - it's literally hurting my brain. It's also scary that people like you, who think isolated examples represent the majority (and believe everything on the Internet is true), are voting too.

I don't think anyone should rejoice in the death of another, no matter who they are (the living or the deceased). So, some people made hateful comments? That's not cool, but if you think it's a behavior limited to liberals, you are obviously living in a fantasy world. Matter of fact, I was just reading a thread on Facebook that empirically proves you wrong. Fail.

Old 04-07-2013, 11:34 PM

1,730 posts, read 1,362,551 times
I'll applaud gay lib suicides all day long if that's what they want me to do.
Sure hate to have the gay libbies call me a troublemaker

Old 04-07-2013, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox Harrington View Post
I can only speak for myself, as an unapologetic liberal, but...

I do not rejoice in the death of anyone.

Whether it be Rick Warren's son, Rush Limbaugh, or 100,000 Iraqi civilians.

Please do not generalize.
Generalizing is what some people do best, as their mental capacities apparently don't allow them to think critically. It's both sad and frightening at the same time, huh?

In complete honesty, I read the story of this man's death earlier today, and the ONLY thought I had was "how horrible." I felt for him and the loved ones he left behind, no matter who his father is... and to assume the majority of any population would mock him is ridiculous.

Why do we keep falling for these troll threads? I have GOT to stop coming here!

Old 04-07-2013, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoD Guy View Post
I'll applaud gay lib suicides all day long if that's what they want me to do.
Sure hate to have the gay libbies call me a troublemaker
I'm guessing that's more what YOU want to do, since I doubt any liberals here have condoned applauding this man's death. Can you comprehend that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies