Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2013, 06:22 PM

6,262 posts, read 5,070,063 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Heritage: Posters of "Beautiful Saigon"

Politics: Posters that say "Death to Ho Chi Minh".

Mercy. The conservatives really need to expand their horizons. There's more to America than the annual trip for the 4th of July patriotic t-shirt contest at Miss Melly's All U Can Eat Buffet in Branson.
And there's more to America than walking hand-in-hand while singing folks songs and releasing recycled paper cranes into a local stream outside of Denver.

Anybody can over-generalize and dismiss an entire group of people because they believe differently from ourselves. We all really need to expand our horizons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2013, 07:33 PM

1,695 posts, read 3,044,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
I do not believe this story. I didn't after Post 1, but when I read that the restaurant owners have political posters all over the restaurant walls..............I call BS.

Next time I'm there, I'll take pictures.
The walls alternate pics of well known Jazz singers with political stuff - way out stuff, like a Che Guevera poster, the famous Obama poster, a "Give Earth A Chance poster from the 60's, etc.

Old 04-07-2013, 09:26 PM

6,104 posts, read 5,990,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
We all know what the difference is between Liberal Calculus & Conservative Calculus.

In Liberal Calculus, the instructor indoctrinates you to their political/social mindset along with just enough calculus to graduate at or near the bottom of the class (if you graduate at all).

In Conservative Calculus you are taught calculus and are meant to excel in your field.

You have it all wrong! In Liberal Calculus you never get down on your knees and pray the answers are right or you have at least enough right to get a passing grade. In Conservative Calculus you do and if Catholic say a few Hail Marys as well!

Actually there are no Atheists in a Calc Final Exam especially at the Junior-Senior Level!!

Old 04-07-2013, 09:43 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,671,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coachgns View Post
Next time I'm there, I'll take pictures.
The walls alternate pics of well known Jazz singers with political stuff - way out stuff, like a Che Guevera poster, the famous Obama poster, a "Give Earth A Chance poster from the 60's, etc.
That's nothing but campy stuff. Yes, some businesses put up that kind of stuff.

A political poster the likes of which you speak would clearly define whatever the restaurant owner stood for.

Sounds like the owner just likes posters.

I once changed insurance companies because my agent had a couple of 0bama bumper stickers displayed in her office. One on her desk, one in the window. Colorful old posters in a restaurant is quite a different thing. It's not political, but merely decorative.

Old 04-07-2013, 10:09 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
Yes. It does.

And spare me the diatribe discussing why I am wrong. I've already seen your thoughts on the matter in numerous other threads.
No, it doesn't.
Spare me your diatribe.
They get paid to do a job that they volunteer for.
Period.

Old 04-07-2013, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogfamily View Post
Thank you for your service.

I have to diagree with you though. All my uncles that served in WW2 were volunteers.

I enlisted in the Army to serve my country.

All but a few of the vets I know volunteered to serve our country. (Other than the Viet Nam vets that were drafted).
Oh please.
The military is very little these days except for job training and a welfare alternative.
You're not special, none of us are.
And I'm a veteran.

Old 04-07-2013, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lobsta View Post
And why are so many conservative? And why does this country suck now since the left has taken the reigns for the past 20+ years? Neocons =/= conservatives so don't go there either.

I'm a recent product of the public education system. There definitely is a nudge to the left. My 11th grade English teacher never hesitated to make her leftist leanings known to the class and go off on diatribes about homeless people and gay rights for 20 minutes. Same with my 12th grade lit teacher. I can only imagine what university would be like.
When you go to class tomorrow, you can talk with your lit teacher about it.

Old 04-07-2013, 11:01 PM

1,708 posts, read 1,861,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Oh please.
The military is very little these days except for job training and a welfare alternative.
And I'm a veteran.

Muffin Songs - Kum Ba Yah (Kumbaya My Lord) | nursery rhymes & children songs with lyrics | muffin songs - YouTube

Old 04-07-2013, 11:11 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,159,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Oh please.
And I'm a veteran.
Ah..... bad experience? It's not job training and/or welfare alternative for all; and apparently it was, at best, only marginally effective for you.

Old 04-07-2013, 11:16 PM

334 posts, read 451,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post

I once changed insurance companies because my agent had a couple of 0bama bumper stickers displayed in her office. One on her desk, one in the window. Colorful old posters in a restaurant is quite a different thing. It's not political, but merely decorative.

Please explain why that is. Also explain why your insurance agent's political leanings matter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies