Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2013, 12:02 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,205,160 times

Advertisements

I didn't read past the first page, so my apologies if this has been said, but Obama said this back in 2008. If a five year old incident where the president obviously MISSPOKE is important enough to you that you feel the need to start a post about it half a decade later, then I think you need to get out more. Just sayin...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2013, 12:12 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,552 posts, read 16,542,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwm1964 View Post
Give me a break - such dishonesty is truly hilarious.
Bush was ridiculed, blamed and crucified for everything wrong with not just the United States, but the world in Obama's first term.

The Loser in Chief didn't change tactics coming into his second term either, he just switched to the Republicans in general because even he started to get it that people weren't buying the it's all the other guys fault line anymore.
The comment i responded to was comparing a gaffe to economic policies.

now if you want to argue that President Obama's policies havent worked, that is one thing, but that is a whole nother subject, if you want to start a forum on that, you are free to do so, but dont change the subject.

economic policies are meant to last for years, a gaffe is a momentary lapse.

Old 04-08-2013, 12:26 PM

46,952 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Of course, what really makes the "all 57 states" meme so funny is the fact that those who parrot it basically show that they haven't been paying the slightest bit of attention. The gaffe, if taken at face value - look it up if you don't believe me - would lead an observer to conclude that then-candidate Obama thought there were 60 states, not 57.

Every time someone misquotes the statement as something having to do with "all 57 states", they're actually demonstrating complete ignorance of what was said in the real world. It's a useful litmus test - who pays attention, and who just dutifully repeats?

Last edited by Dane_in_LA; 04-08-2013 at 01:55 PM..

Old 04-08-2013, 01:35 PM

32 posts, read 102,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd!83
Our country has been turned around 94 times over since any our our founding fathers last spoke.

Huh???

Things change, times change. Don't be so narrow minded.

Quote:
Securing rights should never be as important as saving human lives.

What?!!!!! You wouldn't be making reference to the Second Amendment and "gun control" here, would you? I reject that argument out of hand! It has nothing to do with "saving lives." It has everything to do with disarming the people. Only an armed people are a sovereign people, and only an armed people are a free people.

I'm talking about people dying for not having health car. Relax, no one is taking your guns Mr paranoid. Don't be so egregious.

Quote:
I don't care what phoney fathers you claim to have such close ties with.

Obama is on the right track for a few different reasons, he is going to offend and disregard a few who don't realize how good they have it and will continue to have it along the way.

And what are those "reasons?" You bow down to your Dear Leader. Sorry, but he is not my God. And government is not the grantor of rights, but only God.

"How good [we] have it?" We are better off without the government controling every aspect of our lives. Tyranny is not a better alternative.

So assuming of you , I agree with his three major political hurdles he is trying to jump over, he is the president, obviously not my god. If supporting some of his policy makes him my gawd by some how I gotta think you are the one with dilution.

Quote:
That is the unfortunate part of the process, you obviously are part of the process. Sorry, that is reality. You'll survive and be fine.

Of what "process" do you speak?

Your obviously unaware to anything practical being said.
You read bulletins on the road don't you for you news source.

Quote:
I don't expect you to be happy, I understand you are mad, but I don't care, if a few people get upset for the benefit of many I do not care . I don't care !! Nor does Obama. You'll be fine.

That is collectivist garbage. Again, tyranny is not an acceptable alternative to liberty!

You really believe that ? That our president is trying to disarm us to better control us? Wow, when did we become so paranoid and inane.

Quote:
You've had it good for some time, and will continue to have it good.

Obamacare has been much needed, many,many,many !!!! Americans die every year for the simple fact that they do not have health care.If you're already poor , maybe even middle class without health insurance, one trip to the doctor and you are bankrupt. Have any kind of serious illness you are dead. Obama is working to change that.

Oh please. Spare me. Do you seriously believe that health care is going to be better, more available and more affordable under ObamaCare? Your delusional. Nothing government gets it's hands in gets better. It always gets worse.

It's already in their hands, they are the one that pay back billions in debt that the public does not. Simpleton.

Old 04-08-2013, 04:37 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,943,387 times
Default Sheesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Oh for ford's sake, how many times do you need to rehash stuff?

This happened years ago and has been done to death.

Your poutrage is so, so, expected.
Must be a slow day in WeHateObamaLand.

Old 04-08-2013, 04:41 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoD Guy View Post
Most powerful guy in the world. Or maybe just on the golf course.
What a dip.
Just had to mention it.
Honestly, how dumb does the rightwing have to be to think anyone would believe there are 57 states?

I wouldn't even accuse the idiot frat boy from Texas of believing such a thing.

Old 04-09-2013, 01:47 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,578,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
I didn't read past the first page, so my apologies if this has been said, but Obama said this back in 2008. If a five year old incident where the president obviously MISSPOKE is important enough to you that you feel the need to start a post about it half a decade later, then I think you need to get out more. Just sayin...
Hey, that's all they have!!!!!
Well that and berferism.

Old 04-09-2013, 05:18 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,368,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Oh for ford's sake, how many times do you need to rehash stuff?

This happened years ago and has been done to death.

Your poutrage is so, so, expected.
How bout this:

We'll drop it when he and others drop 'Blame Bush'.

Old 04-09-2013, 05:24 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,368,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
A man makes the biggest decision in his life to run for the Presidency of the United States and his choice for a running mate was brilliant. We all know how that turned out.

Not saying he could have won, but he would have had a better chance in the running if he had been smarter than a 5th grader.
I wonder if 5th graders know how many states there are?

Old 04-09-2013, 05:29 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,008,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Honestly, how dumb does the rightwing have to be to think anyone would believe there are 57 states?
The president said that there were 57 states.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies