Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2013, 01:34 PM

3,740 posts, read 3,071,184 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
I'm sorry you don't get it. The construction laws are for safety. Duh. I knew you'd weasel out of it.
there is no Constitutionally-protected right to a pool in the Bill of Rights. Further, make note it is the bill of RIGHTS, It is NOT, the Bill of NEEDS, or an itemization of Government powers.

If you want to overturn the right to keep and bear arms, whty don't you summon up some courage and do the honorable thing, and get an Amendment passed to set asside the 2nd Amernedment, instead of this Weasely approach of cowards.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2013, 01:34 PM

4,098 posts, read 7,107,360 times
Default Right to bear Arms: It's not about safety; it's about freedom Reply to Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
So we need to register our weapons as a way to maintain our freedom.

Too many complain about a loss of freedom,I do not see that. I see a need to find out how guns get to the non-law abiding that use them. Somehow the guns used by criminals and the mass murders get to them. Registration of all weapons would come close to ending guns from getting into the wrong hands.
An honest person would not have a problem keeping their guns registered. I would not have a problem if I had to register my Marlin 30-30 into a data base.
It is about safety and freedom.
I'm an honest person and I have a big problem with registering my guns. Registration is the first step taken by the government before confiscation. It can happen here just like it has happened in many other countries. Because you can't see it only means you are blind, anyone with a teaspoon full on brains can see it. Our Constitution has the words "shall not be infringed" what part of that can't you understand? I'm assuming you have graduated from junior high school. Your 30-30 Marlin is not worth even thinking about...

***********It is impossible to argue with ignorance.****************
Attached Thumbnails
Right to bear Arms: It's not about safety; it's about freedom-hitler.jpeg  

Old 04-08-2013, 01:36 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,035,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
I'm sorry you don't get it. The construction laws are for safety. Duh. I knew you'd weasel out of it.
Show me where the state of CT regulates who can and who can't own a pool. When buying a home there is no special regulation whatsoever that pertains to homes with pools. Anyone can own a pool, no background checks, no check on the resident's mental health, no check on if anyone in the home has CPR training, nothing.

Old 04-08-2013, 01:37 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,817,498 times
As I wrote the Constitution was written for a different world. I always thought the militia part was the primary thing re bearing arms. The world does evolve as time passes.

Old 04-08-2013, 01:41 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,205,160 times
Here's what makes me laugh--a gun control debate always seems to turn into a debate over taking all guns--which absolutely NO ONE EVER has proposed, vs. a conversation about background checks or allowing high capacity magazines. My family hunts, and we have a locked gun case FULL of rifles and shot guns. I don't need anything more than a shot gun to protect my home.

The only people who are SURE they need high capacity mags are nuts who are convinced that the black helicopters are after them, and that they have to arm themselves to prepare for a military style shoot em out with the government. There is absolutely no reason on the planet why we shouldn't have universal background checks for every type of gun sale. Some of you think it won't work, but even if criminals still get guns, it gives law enforcement one more tool to lock bad guys up in jail for a long time. Al Capone didn't go to prison for murder or racketeering--it was for TAX EVASION. If you can pile on charges, and if you can catch/arrest bad guys with illegal guns before they commit crimes, it's just one more way to get criminals off the street.

Old 04-08-2013, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
As I wrote the Constitution was written for a different world. I always thought the militia part was the primary thing re bearing arms. The world does evolve as time passes.
Short-sighted people often utter such none-sense. A few things change, technology, etc., but like narrow ties, it all comes aroundd.

Human nature doesn't change, and human nature, specifically, the kind of human nature that lusts for power and control of others, never changes, never diminishes, and steps must always be taken to keep it from running amok. Those steps involve the ability to enforce liberty with force - period. At every level from interpersonal, to international, steps must be taken.

I will not disarm, ever, nor will I ever ask others to do so, for to be disarmed is to be lain vulnerable to every parasite, never-do-well, tyrant, wanna-be tyrant, gang-banger etc., etc., etc.,

Old 04-08-2013, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
Here's what makes me laugh--a gun control debate always seems to turn into a debate over taking all guns--which absolutely NO ONE EVER has proposed, vs. a conversation about background checks or allowing high capacity magazines. My family hunts, and we have a locked gun case FULL of rifles and shot guns. I don't need anything more than a shot gun to protect my home.

The only people who are SURE they need high capacity mags are nuts who are convinced that the black helicopters are after them, and that they have to arm themselves to prepare for a military style shoot em out with the government. There is absolutely no reason on the planet why we shouldn't have universal background checks for every type of gun sale. Some of you think it won't work, but even if criminals still get guns, it gives law enforcement one more tool to lock bad guys up in jail for a long time. Al Capone didn't go to prison for murder or racketeering--it was for TAX EVASION. If you can pile on charges, and if you can catch/arrest bad guys with illegal guns before they commit crimes, it's just one more way to get criminals off the street.
YOUR POST makes me laugh. Utter bilge.

Old 04-08-2013, 01:49 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,822,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post

Like all the criminals they are getting off the streets for failing the current background checks? Oh that's right, they are not prosecuted. Because you are happy with a shotgun does not mean I am. I will pick what ever gun gives me the best chance to protect myself or my family. It will use a standard capacity magazine because that gives me the best chance to protect myself. If you want a shot gun, good, I will use a handgun with a standard capacity magazine and I will also have an ar15 in the safe.

You are the worst type of gun owner, the it doesn't affect me because I have my shotgun and hunting rifle so I don't care. Just wait till they are talking about assault shotguns that fire 6-12 non aimed pellets that the only purpose is to kill as many people with one shot as possible. Plus no one needs a sniper rifle to kill innocent children from over a thousand yards. You should fight for the rights of all people, even if they desire something different than you.

And many politicians have come out wanting to ban all guns. Open your eyes.

Feinstein: 'Mr. and Mrs. America, Turn Them In!" (1995 Flashback) - YouTube

Old 04-08-2013, 01:51 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Rossi View Post
Your attempt at being "intellectual" failed. Your example made no sense. Plastic 5 Gallon buckets, half-filled with water, kill more kids than "guns do".

The right to keep and Bear arms is the foundation for everything else. To a disarmed man, EVERYTHING is a priviledge, even if they say it is a right, because the unarmed man can't enfore spit.

An armed man can enforce his own rights. If you try to violate his riots, he has the means to resist that usurpation. For example, if someone tries to violate his right to life, or liberty etc., he can back his freedom up with whatever force is necessary.

The Founders knew this. Too bad so many *******S and DemocRATS don't.

Robin. You and I certainly have had our disagreements, but this is not one of them! Well said!

Old 04-08-2013, 01:57 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
The Constitution was written for a different world.

Ahh yes, the old "the Constitution is outdated" propaganda!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies