Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2013, 12:57 AM

1,160 posts, read 1,430,959 times

Advertisements

Isn't this proveable, blatant misuse of government funds and therefore an impeachable offense?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2013, 01:38 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,628,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
If it stands, it stands. I wasn't attacking anything, just pointing out the obvious. I'll take my Obvious Hat off now.

Anyway, I'm not anti-conservative, anti-liberal, anti-democrat, or anti-republican. If anything, I'm anti-stupid and anti-ignorance. When I see stupid stuff like what you posted above, I feel obligated to point out the stupidity behind it. I care too much, obviously.

That being said, if it's your opinion that our President thinks he's a king or royalty, then more power to you. Just don't be surprised when your stupidity is pointed out, again.
Ain't no need fer name callin'. Haha. Though, your obvious hat is still on,rather snuggly, revealing a bit of ire. (Sigh) I find it interesting, that you claim a middle ground, and objectivity on issues, yet leap to Obamas defense, in response to my view that he is a narcissistic, entitlement minded, hack, with delusions of royalty.

Though the word "stupid" does bring my hackles up, for very personal and volatile reasons, I will not respond, in kind. That would just lead this verbal frackus to very predictable places.

At any rate, this is not the first time Barrack Obama has ordered AF1 up for personal use. He makes a habit of it. He and Michelle, both, like to live a royal lifestyle on our tax dollars. People are being furloughed, laid off, Obama is warning us about dire economic skys ahead, the economy is in shambles, the Korean peninsula is about ready to explode, and he sends AF1 to CT to pick up backdrops, and has an elegant, celebrity, party at the White House.

And you call ME stupid, for seeing something, drastically WRONG with that. There are some serious issues with your mindset pard. Better tighten up the cinch before you ride that horse much further.

Old 04-10-2013, 01:57 AM

4,373 posts, read 3,228,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Ain't no need fer name callin'. Haha. Though, your obvious hat is still on,rather snuggly, revealing a bit of ire. (Sigh) I find it interesting, that you claim a middle ground, and objectivity on issues, yet leap to Obamas defense, in response to my view that he is a narcissistic, entitlement minded, hack, with delusions of royalty.
Never did engage in name-calling. None of anti-stuff was directing at you. I was just stating a fact about myself, that is all.

Quote:
Though the word "stupid" does bring my hackles up, for very personal and volatile reasons, I will not respond, in kind. That would just lead this verbal frackus to very predictable places.
I didn't call you stupid. I said I would point out your stupidity, but I didn't call you stupid. Big difference between the two and although subtle, the structure of my sentence and use of my term of 'stupidity' does not, in any way shape or form, refer to you or label you as stupid.

Quote:
At any rate, this is not the first time Barrack Obama has ordered AF1 up for personal use. He makes a habit of it. He and Michelle, both, like to live a royal lifestyle on our tax dollars. People are being furloughed, laid off, Obama is warning us about dire economic skys ahead, the economy is in shambles, the Korean peninsula is about ready to explode, and he sends AF1 to CT to pick up backdrops, and has an elegant, celebrity, party at the White House.
I wasn't aware he did it a first time prior to this. I really couldn't care less because I've got better things to focus on than what airline the President is using. Maybe my priorities are different from yours, who knows.

Quote:
And you call ME stupid, for seeing something, drastically WRONG with that. There are some serious issues with your mindset pard. Better tighten up the cinch before you ride that horse much further.
I didn't call you stupid, as I said before. Please re-read my statement and understand that, again, the anti-stuff I was saying wasn't directed at you, per se, but rather just me stating a fact in general. That's how I am and if I wanted to insult you directly or engage in name calling, I would; however that'll get us nowhere and derail the thread.

Don't group me with those who can't carry on a conversation or a debate without resulting to insults. If you took it as such, that's because your perception is off not because I insulted you (which I didn't intend or mean to do).

Old 04-10-2013, 03:20 AM

3,382 posts, read 8,650,120 times
Ay least charter a corporate jet.... don't send airforce one...

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Old 04-10-2013, 03:32 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,198,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangEater82 View Post
Ay least charter a corporate jet.... don't send airforce one...

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
Harder to pay with tax payers money.

Old 04-10-2013, 04:18 AM

26,497 posts, read 15,074,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Right now there are tickets that cost $200 each way on US Air and $281 on Delta; I dare say that is cheaper than what we taxpayers just paid to transport them. Or it is a 300 mile trip, or about 6 hours and $60 in gas (assuming 20 miles to the gallon at $4 per gal). Waste of taxpayers money.
"The plane that is used to carry the president, which is typically a Boeing 747, costs the Air Force $179,750 per hour to operate, according to a new Congressional Research Service report. Military planes are used for security and because of special equipment on board.

Costs for each trip are even higher when factoring in the passenger and cargo aircraft that often accompany the president's plane, although those figures weren't specified in the eight-page report."

Air Force One airfare: $179,750 per hour

Even if the president is on board, they still have to guard the plane. Seems like it is expensive.

Can you at least admit that this president is often hypocritical?

How is his most transparent claim working out?

Old 04-10-2013, 04:25 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,762,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker5in1 View Post
Isn't this proveable, blatant misuse of government funds and therefore an impeachable offense?
Right. Good luck with that one.

This guy ranks up there with the best of blatant misuse of funds. The problem is that no one cares.

Old 04-10-2013, 04:26 AM

26,497 posts, read 15,074,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Harder to pay with tax payers money.
Political props and lobbyists getting free air fare should come out of the campaign expenses of Obama's "Organizing for Action" not US tax payer dollars.

5 years in and we are still waiting for this hypocrite to go line by line through the budget to cut waste.

American Crossroads: "Appropriate" - YouTube

Old 04-10-2013, 04:35 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,781,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
You earned that money.

Use what is yours as you see fit.
He earned it? His "monthly stipends" are probably government welfare handouts. He just used his EBT card to make his purchase.

Old 04-10-2013, 04:49 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,942,406 times
Did you hear that Michelle doesn't even cook or do the laundry. And what's with the grandma living there??? When did the "White" house become a Howard Johnsons...

That ol Lady has got to eating on taxpayers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies