Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2013, 12:47 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Actually you shouldn't go into business for yourself.. You are too busy feeling sorry for yourself to ever be successful in business... Your attitude sucks.... I have to wonder how you ever get or hold a job. Don't go into business whatever you do... Other people have what it takes to be successful, but honestly, YOU don't.
Yes he does have a bad attitude and that will help hold him back but from achieving success. A little success can sometimes change that and open his eyes. Success can be tiring but addictive to want to push for more success.

Kenneth, you heard Obama say it "yes you can" but you waste you carry a chip on your shoulder and waste your life in anger. Why are you spending time on here constantly fighting to defending Obama, it does you no good. Why don't you instead spend your time working toward your own success.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2013, 12:49 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,932,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Yes he does have a bad attitude and that will help hold him back but from achieving success. A little success can sometimes change that and open his eyes. Success can be tiring but addictive to want to push for more success.
Your preaching to the choir here friend.

Old 04-09-2013, 12:52 AM

When you are driving down the road and you come to a roadblock, you have a choice of things to do... You can change your path, you can change your destination, or you can just go back where you came from.... Decide for yourself what you're going to do, but don't stand there and tell me I can't do what I have done repeatedly and am planning for again soon.

Old 04-09-2013, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Your preaching to the choir here friend.
You are calling Kenneth the choir? So we are not supposed to try to encourage anyone. I'm not supposed to try to come up with possible solutions. I've been there, done that and know whining does not do a damn thing? Keep him where he is right? But you are right, if he prefers to keep being a choir than no one can help him.

Old 04-09-2013, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
You are calling Kenneth the choir? So we are not supposed to try to encourage anyone especially since I know, been there, done that and whining does not do a damn thing? Keep him where he is right?
I said I was the choir.... I am the choir because I too have done exactly what he is and has been whining about in here for some time is impossible... I have told him before it is possible, I have told my story repeatedly.. Some people are too busy feeling sorry for themselves to ever open their eyes and see what is all around them.... Opportunity... They walk by it sulking everyday. I have pointed this out to our friend before... He doesn't have the time to listen, only to whine and complain, but never making a positive move toward changing his situation. He can continue on that path or he can ask someone for some direction. His choice.

Old 04-09-2013, 12:58 AM

Quote:
When you are driving down the road and you come to a roadblock, you have a choice of things to do... You can change your path, you can change your destination, or you can just go back where you came from.... Decide for yourself what you're going to do, but don't stand there and tell me I can't do what I have done repeatedly and am planning for again soon.
So Kenneth you ran into a road block and there is a road around the road block has been suggested.

Old 04-09-2013, 01:03 AM

Quote:
I said I was the choir.... I am the choir because I too have done exactly what he is and has been whining about in here for some time is impossible... I have told him before it is possible, I have told my story repeatedly.. Some people are too busy feeling sorry for themselves to ever open their eyes and see what is all around them.... Opportunity... They walk by it sulking everyday. I have pointed this out to our friend before... He doesn't have the time to listen, only to whine and complain, but never making a positive move toward changing his situation. He can continue on that path or he can ask someone for some direction. His choice.
That is a shame because the opportunity is there. My dad always preached to us kids, don't carry a chip on your shoulder because that chip gets awful heavy and gets you nowhere. If someone prefers to carry a chip then yes you are correct, they can not be helped. In the end it is their decision.

Old 04-09-2013, 01:10 AM

3,353 posts, read 6,437,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth-Kaunda View Post
this is one of the tired old slogans of the right - 'start your own business' - used as a kind of master play to support the suppression of wages.

OK, well let's get rid of the regulations first and I"ll be happy (happier than working MacD's anyway), to sell Cd's, t-shirts etc.. on the street corner.

Doubt that would go down too well though.

So how can we have it both ways?
Not every person is supposed to be a business owner, personally I don't have the management skills to become a business leader but in regards to politics I feel as if I'm ahead of my time. I think when conservatives say things pertaining to creating a business, it's not literally a business although it can be, it can also be making investments. For people like myself that lack the skills to manage a business (I could probably balance the books but that's about it lol), investing is there. Some of us are blessed with the skills to own a business and invest as well, while some can only create a business or invest. And do you want more regulation? I think there's a time and place for more regulation and now isn't the time, by the govt adding more and more to regulation to business it's making it harder for them to start. I'm not saying go back to the Bush years with regulation but don't keep adding more regulations, and taxes in a recovery, that isn't very sane to me.

Speaking of recoveries, my apologies for talking a little political, but I always say this about Obama; 'he could be a good President, but he came at the wrong time" and that couldn't be more true in my eyes. When banks were running free during the Bush era, that was a time more regulation should have been implemented to slow what would become a catastrophic economic meltdown. One thing I appreciate about China's fiscal policy, is they seem a bit more conscious in regards to economic growth, and regulations; rather than allowing the situation to explode before putting a cap on things, they create or repeal regulation as time goes on. That's one thing we need here rather than staying in the past with our politics, we need to adapt to the times on fiscal and economic policy. When the recession first began to take place, welfare programs would expand of course and I can understand the laxing of the requirements to be eligible for welfare while also prolonging the times for unemployment, but what's the excuse now to allow our welfare programs to continue becoming larger? We need to add more requirements now to put a cap on things. The same applies to the military, although I typically say the military needs to roll back it's budget, I'd prefer to cap the budget for a few years now.

Old 04-09-2013, 01:17 AM

24,488 posts, read 41,124,502 times
Everyone starts out with 86400. It's how you spend that 86400 that determines whether your business will be successful or not. Nothing else matters.

Old 04-09-2013, 01:18 AM

Hey Bmore. Good read. I have no management background and winged it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies