Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2013, 02:22 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,939,644 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
Never has there been an overwhelming group of people who , if released from their government slave masters could produce new companies and jobs and taxes. The Dem's are not interested din the black vote to free their potential, instead they want the black vote to be indebted to government while stifling their ability. As long as black voters see democrats as the people who give them free goods they will vote democratic.
republicans look the black vote as a powerful force in a free economy if their Democratic slave holders would release them
Isn't it odd, that the "Right", "Consevatives", "GOPers", and "Republicans" [whatever y'all call yourselves], continue to see Black Democrats and Black Liberals as tools of their "overlords". Failing miserablely to discern that participation by Black Americans in the Democratic party is from the City Council level...all the way up the Democratic Party ladder...to the The Comander and Chief.

Failure or inablity to conclude correctly that Blacks are very much a part of the Democratic party's infrastructure speaks volumes for those on the "Right" grasping to understand "Why Black Folk" dont join the Repupublican Party in any appreciable number as to "help" the party. Maybe that conundrum could be solved by looking at the Republican infrastructure? "Grass Roots" don't have no "Black roots". What ever "roots" that were planted by Ol' Abe...were long ago eradicated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2013, 02:24 PM

3,038 posts, read 2,512,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
Two words.
Ryan budget.

Now, that's real fear.
The Ryan budget propses spending somewhere around $400 million less over a 10 year period. Anyone that fears that should fear the Democrats budget too since it's the exact same budget.

Statists, I tell ya. Morons.

Last edited by OhioRules; 04-09-2013 at 02:52 PM..

Old 04-09-2013, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
Isn't it odd, that the "Right", "Consevatives", "GOPers", and "Republicans" [whatever y'all call yourselves], continue to see Black Democrats and Black Liberals as tools of their "overlords". Failing miserablely to discern that participation by Black Americans in the Democratic party is from the City Council level...all the way up the Democratic Party ladder...to the The Comander and Chief.

Failure or inablity to conclude correctly that Blacks are very much a part of the Democratic party's infrastructure speaks volumes for those on the "Right" grasping to understand "Why Black Folk" dont join the Repupublican Party in any appreciable number as to "help" the party. Maybe that conundrum could be solved by looking at the Republican infrastructure? "Grass Roots" don't have no "Black roots". What ever "roots" that were planted by Ol' Abe...were long ago eradicated.
That's changing. If you look at the last couple of election cycles you will see that more blacks are being elected as Republicans than Democrats at the local levels. Same with Latinos.

Old 04-09-2013, 02:29 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,729,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
Watch Hannity's panel last night with all of the black conservatives. It's getting to a pander level.
To clean up their reputation as the biggest racists on the planet.

Old 04-09-2013, 02:29 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
Here's my thing:

1.) I am an independent.

2.) I think it is insulting that you guys keep referring to blacks that vote democratically as stupid, brainwashed, uniformed, or seeking handouts.
3.) I also think it is insulting that you guys only think that the black conservatives are the educated ones.
4.) I know the history of both parties and I know that there was an essential switch midway between the 60s. Do you know why?
5.) Have you considered that maybe it's not exactly your fiscal policy or hell even your social policy that are keeping many voters away? Have you considered that maybe it has to do with some of your supporters. Take this thread as an example.
Here is my thing:

Just because I am conservative does not mean I am racist but democrats have you convinced.
I am a woman and feel no threat from republicans. I don't feel I have to vote as if my body parts depend on it. That is insulting.

This administration has proved to me that people are financially uneducated and democrats used that in their favor. Obama says "tax the rich" and points to people making $200K a year. Yes that is alot of money but that is not rich. He is going after "income" not wealth, BIG difference! You can't tell me that Obama and the democrats don't understand the difference between income and wealth?

Republicans fought against it because they understood that Obama's tax the rich propaganda would hurt sm business which in turn would hurt employment. If you don't believe me look up sole proprietors and s-corps.

And Nancy Pelosi touting welfare as a stimulus? really? Do people really believe that?

And how is taking money out of the economy, bypassing employers, bypassing employees, bypassing local businesses, bypassing local counties and states but instead going straight to the federal government a good thing?

Oh and another favorite is when liberals and dems point to the stock market and say see, the economy is doing good, yet the stock market has no positive effect on their personal lives which only goes to prove that these people will point to anything to try to prop Obama and the dems up. That one makes me laugh.

And liberals and democrats wonder why they are called uneducated. Maybe it's a bad way to try to wake people up but when conservatives see the lengths that democrats and liberals go taking advantage of it, taking advantage of people's achilles heal all to benefit them. it is sad. We all want the same thing so it is time government stops playing divisive politics and get busy doing the right thing instead.

Last edited by petch751; 04-09-2013 at 02:42 PM..

Old 04-09-2013, 02:32 PM

4,112 posts, read 4,472,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
huh? I guess I am not following you at all: of course it has to do with issues. and what does this have to do with Hannity or anyone else having blacks on their panel or on their show? BTW, not all of us, by any means keep saying any group votes solely because of one issue but there are a lot who do vote with their pocket books.
I'm only using this thread as an example that it is more than differences of policies. You can go back and read the whole thread. The "conservatives" in this thread have called black democrats or black people that vote democratically stupid, ignorant, uniformed, not educated, not intelligent, and seeking handouts. All because they don't vote Republican. This has nothing to with hannity but the bigger issue at large: attracting more black voters. Republicans had a large amount of black voters back in the 60s. And now they don't. Why is that? And no, it's not because of handouts.

Old 04-09-2013, 02:37 PM

977 posts, read 763,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
Watch Hannity's panel last night with all of the black conservatives. It's getting to a pander level.
Why do LIberals hate black conservatives? I know the left thinks it owns the black vote..............which is true but never say it. Oh and pandering? You mean what Obama is doing on 'gun control'?

Old 04-09-2013, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Here is my thing:

Just because I am conservative does not mean I am racist but democrats have you convinced.
I am a woman and feel no threat from republicans. I don't feel I have to vote as if my body parts depend on it. That is insulting.

This administration has proved to me that people are financially uneducated and democrats used that in their favor.

And liberals and democrats wonder why they are called uneducated. Maybe it's a bad way to try to wake people up but when conservatives see the lengths that democrats and liberals go taking advantage of it, taking advantage of people's achilles heal all to benefit them. it is sad. We all want the same thing so it is time government stops playing divisive politics and get busy doing the right thing instead.

The one I always liked was "predatory lending". Yes, loaning money people money that are not likely to pay it back is the way banks make money these days. lols. That is what passes for intellectualism for Democrats.

Old 04-09-2013, 02:47 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times
It is time government stops playing divisive politics, stop inventing enemies from within our country, stop sucking money out of the economy for their agenda (green energy) and get busy doing what it takes to encourage better employment rates.

Funny, there is now a commercial for New York saying they reduced taxes and trying to encourage employers to go to NY.

Old 04-09-2013, 02:48 PM

4,112 posts, read 4,472,864 times
Quote:
As I stated before, I am an independent. And I never called you racist. Just because you are a conservative doesn't automatically make me assume you are a racist. I would only call you a racist if you say or do something that is racist.

Quote:
That is good.

Quote:
This administration has proved to me that people are very financially uneducated and democrats used that in their favor. Obama says "tax the rich" and points to people making $200K a year. Yes that is alot of money but that is not rich. He is going after "income" not wealth, BIG difference! You can't tell me that Obama and the democrats don't understand the difference between income and wealth?
I thought the bush tax cuts were fro 400k and up. But there is a difference between rich and wealthy.

Quote:
Republicans fought against it because they understood that Obama's tax the rich propaganda would hurt sm business which in turn would hurt employment. If you don't believe me look up sole proprietors and s-corps.
I am familiar with this argument.

Quote:
And Nancy Pelosi touting welfare as a stimulus? really? Do people really believe that?

And how is taking money out of the economy, bypassing employers, employees, states but instead going straight to the federal government a good thing?

Oh and another favorite is when liberals and dems point to the stock market and say see, the economy is doing good. That one makes me laugh. And liberals and democrats wonder why they are called uneducated.
I'm pretty sure people say the economy is doing better, not good. But, as you know in politics, outlandish rhetoric has to be balanced with opposing outlandish rhetoric.

Or do you just think that conservatives and Republicans are right about everything?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies