Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2013, 03:29 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,812,531 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
This is just sick. What is wrong with people?
That's how the unhinged left behaves in a disarmed society.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2013, 03:37 PM

4,684 posts, read 4,572,979 times
The limp and nostalgic demonstrations by the anorak-weirdo-leftie crowd on the occasion of Lady Thatcher's death reminds me of her first death - the political one.

On November 28, 1990, she left Downing Street by car and traveled the short distance down the Mall to Buckingham Palace, where she tendered her resignation to H.M. The Queen. A few hours later, in the tea room of a University of London institute, I first heard the news: Thatcher's been to Buck House! She resigned! Maggie is out!

Later that day, she appeared for the last time as prime minister on the floor of the House of Commons and delivered a virtuoso swan-song speech, half apologia and half defiance, which had the Tory backbenches roaring in loyal approval and the Labour benches baying like hounds for her blood.

Quite suddenly, just a bit more than half-way through, she paused, and in a voice very different than her usual strident Commons tone, said "I'm rather enjoying this!". And, watching her for the last time on the news that night, on a borrowed box in squalid grad-student digs in an impoverished north-London borough, even I could tell she really was enjoying it.

I hated and loved her. As the memoirs were published year by year, it appears most of her cabinet, who knew her far better than an anonymous student who never so much as laid eyes on her in person, felt the same - they hated her and loved her.

But there's one thing I know about her just as well as Willie Whitelaw or Ridley or any of her loyalists who knew her did: she really enjoyed her last stand. When it came, and she knew she had no other choice, she reveled in her political death.

Old 04-09-2013, 03:48 PM

1,730 posts, read 1,362,103 times
I wouldn't expect anything less from scumbag libbies.

Old 04-09-2013, 03:54 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,947,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
Funny, the right-wing hacks had NO problem with the celebrations of Hugo Chavez's death, despite the fact that Chavez was far younger than Thatcher and killed a lot less people:
Four Musical Ways People Celebrated Hugo Chavez's Death | WLRN

The right-wing Florida Rubio fans (who, btw, as Cuban Americans tend to be some of the most racist people in America) show their true colors.
Good point. The same was true for Castro.

Old 04-09-2013, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoD Guy View Post
I wouldn't expect anything less from scumbag libbies.
Ah, the double standard.

Conservatives celebrate Chavez’s death | For What It's Worth

Breitbart publicly celebrated Ted Kennedy's death

Old 04-09-2013, 04:00 PM

Those don't look like rioting though. No police presence, no private property damage.

Old 04-09-2013, 04:02 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,416,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdik View Post
Those don't look like rioting though.
Ever heard of the KKK? Their ideology is solidly right-wing.

For every example you give of the "unhinged" I could give you 30 of the right.

Old 04-09-2013, 04:23 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,550,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Starting to think the far left is the sickest bunch out there
No way, just think what the right would do if Obama was killed? I will give you a hint, mourning wouldn't be it.

Old 04-09-2013, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
Ever heard of the KKK? Their ideology is solidly right-wing.

For every example you give of the "unhinged" I could give you 30 of the right.
Okay, give me an example where a bunch of right-wingers are protesting by damaging private property.

Old 04-09-2013, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdik View Post
Okay, give me an example where a bunch of right-wingers are protesting by damaging private property.
Vandalism reported at offices of three Democrats - CNN.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies