Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2013, 10:12 PM

2,505 posts, read 2,317,652 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
How many times do you have to be told that child support for children a man fathers is mandatory according to LAW. Women don't make men pay, law enforcement does. A man cannot opt out financially because if he opts out, taxpayers will be paying to support the child he irresponsibly caused to be brought into this world.
The law only permits it if the woman asks for it.

For instance, where I live we have parenting plans that traditionally give equal custody to the father and mother. However, the court will often force the man to pay child support. This results in an unfair forced state of financial hardship on one person while reducing it for another. If the child is in equal custody shouldnt both parents have to independently support the child while it is in their custody? Why should either party have to support the other? The parenting plan also traditionally gives one parent, often the mother, the ability to choose what is best for the child in many cases. Such as schooling, religious values, and medical.

Old 04-11-2013, 10:23 PM

24,261 posts, read 14,122,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raison_d'etre View Post

For instance, where I live we have parenting plans that traditionally give equal custody to the father and mother. However, the court will often force the man to pay child support. This results in an unfair forced state of financial hardship on one person while reducing it for another. If the child is in equal custody shouldnt both parents have to independently support the child while it is in their custody? Why should either party have to support the other? The parenting plan also traditionally gives one parent, often the mother, the ability to choose what is best for the child in many cases. Such as schooling, religious values, and medical.
My sister had to pay child support. Her and her ex had joint custody, but she made more money.

The way it works in Florida is they have a child support calculator. Each person turns in their earnings, what they paid in to child care, insurance, dental and medical bills, schooling expenses etc.

Anyone can go in and fill in the info online, and get the approximate amount. There is always a custodial parent, generally the one who the child lives with during school. Since that person generally spends more money, their compensation is greater.

Old 04-11-2013, 10:43 PM

2,505 posts, read 2,317,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
My sister had to pay child support. Her and her ex had joint custody, but she made more money.

The way it works in Florida is they have a child support calculator. Each person turns in their earnings, what they paid in to child care, insurance, dental and medical bills, schooling expenses etc.

Anyone can go in and fill in the info online, and get the approximate amount. There is always a custodial parent, generally the one who the child lives with during school. Since that person generally spends more money, their compensation is greater.
A few of the men in my group pay child support even though the mother makes more. One of them is working under the table just to afford rent. His children live with both parents during the school year. Sometimes the mother doesn't send the children with all their homework and it somehow has reflected poorly on him. He has no say in what after school activities
his kids can do, the mother often fails to notify the father of parent-teacher Conferences, she has taken the kids on vacations and that crossed over onto days he was supposed to have the kids. When he reports her nothing is done.

The system is broken and somewhat biased, usually favoring the mother.

Old 04-12-2013, 01:57 PM

35,975 posts, read 30,513,823 times
Quote:
Anyone want to argue why a woman can obligate a man to pay for a child they don't want, but a man cannot do the same?
Its a woman's body and therefor her right to choose. This choice can result in robbing a man of a child they want. This is understandable as it is her body.

So why can't a man who doesn't want a child opt out financially? If the woman wants the child its her responsibility to care for that child if the man does not. Forcing a man to do otherwise is violating his rights.
It is not the same because the child is already born. Once it is a living child both parents are responsible for it at least financially. I dare say very very few cases of abortion are preformed because the man wants the child. Most women abort because they do not have the support of the "father".
If they allowed every man that impregnated a women to opt out financially, a large percentage of men would have the means to decide not to help support their children. This would include men who say they dont want to abort, then for whatever reason leave the woman, marrried, LTR, gf/bf/ or virtural strangers. This would include women who went thru with the pregnacy being led to believe the child was wanted and that she would have a mate to help raise the child. \

In some instances a father can give up any parental rights and not have to pay any cs. It is up to judges. This is where your group should be focusing its attention on this matter. In certain cases where there was no expectation of a relationship (ONS for example) and the man expressly did not want the pregancy at will never have an interest in the child, EVER but the woman did and chose not to go the adoption route the father should have the option to relinquish rights and responsibilities.

Men are forced to pay for their illegitmate children because it became a burden on society. Before it was just a burden, children were farmed out into horrid conditions where they usually lived a very short extistance. It was a matter humanity.

Quote:

Quote:
A few of the men in my group pay child support even though the mother makes more. One of them is working under the table just to afford rent. His children live with both parents during the school year. Sometimes the mother doesn't send the children with all their homework and it somehow has reflected poorly on him. He has no say in what after school activities
his kids can do, the mother often fails to notify the father of parent-teacher Conferences, she has taken the kids on vacations and that crossed over onto days he was supposed to have the kids. When he reports her nothing is done.

The system is broken and somewhat biased, usually favoring the mother.
And I will agree with you for the most part here. ( I will say it is not one parents responsibility to inform the other of school or other activities. It is in the best interest of the child but there is no obligatin to do so.) These are actually very legitmate problems and if these groups would focus on real issues and back off the non issues they would get more support. My son had shared custody with no CS until his ex up and move to another district making it too difficult for that arrangement. I partically blame my son for not have the gumption to stand up and fight hard enough but I realize the bias and expense.

So what is your group or any groups doing to change the way judges handle child custody agreements?

Quote:
Have you ever considered the reason most MRA's don't have a concrete platform is because every time they have a seminar or they are verbally assaulted by feminists and have their vents blocked. How does this allow us to organize and form a complete platform? How does it not make us feel like feminists are trying to deny us our own voice? How could we not develop some form of animosity towards feminists when this happens? The next time a MRA comes to town; maybe you should take part in it and suggest things rather than protest it. The reason MRA's are mostly online is because we are attacked in public, have our events cancelled, blocked by ignorant protesters that resort to criminal activity to stop us (pulling fire alarms).
You do realize when feminist began to petition and protest for the right to vote they were arrested, jailed and brutilzed.

Old 05-27-2013, 12:29 AM

12 posts, read 15,431 times
^^#10 yes there's more to it than that

I can't believe how prejudiced against men you are. It's sick. So every man involved in a men's rights group are wife beaters and child abusers (trying to visit the children they fathered - your groups are trying to eliminate fathers - when they finally quit trying your groups call them horrible - they can't win)?

I think every feminist is a man abuser and a child abuser that should get supervised visitation. How does that feel to you? You're a jerk.

Old 05-27-2013, 02:50 AM

24,606 posts, read 55,813,394 times
Men's rights groups, just like groups that protest against discrimination against whites, are not taken seriously by society. It would take centuries of oppression against males for them to be.

Old 05-27-2013, 03:49 AM

37,054 posts, read 42,002,003 times
The trouble with MRG's is that they are full of idiots that spout off a lot of nonsense. You have to claim the crap in your own groups, whether you like it or not, and they make the most (pointless) noise. It's hard to take anything seriously.

Old 05-27-2013, 03:53 AM

1,201 posts, read 1,918,620 times
LOL. What rights do men not have in our society? I've never heard of men's rights groups, but they sound pretty obnoxious!

Old 05-27-2013, 05:33 AM

5,648 posts, read 8,029,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soanchorless View Post
LOL. What rights do men not have in our society? I've never heard of men's rights groups, but they sound pretty obnoxious!
But less obnoxious compared to female supremacists who have successfully gotten society to pander to their fake emotions.

Old 05-27-2013, 05:35 AM

5,648 posts, read 8,029,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
The trouble with MRG's is that they are full of idiots that spout off a lot of nonsense. You have to claim the crap in your own groups, whether you like it or not, and they make the most (pointless) noise. It's hard to take anything seriously.
I'm not an MRA, but men's groups make a lot more sense than female supremacist hate groups.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies