Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2013, 04:12 PM

2,505 posts, read 2,326,190 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
[SIZE=3]Ok so what is the name of the group? And what feminists? You are going to have to be more specific and provide some actual evidence of the existence of these groups and the actual issues they are addressing. I have not heard of any groups or what they are lobbying for so you will have to fill me in.[/SIZE]

Most of you list are not rights issues at all, some are just false. Some are real issues but where are the men's activists. Why are we not seeing any interest from men on these issues?

Why should feminists work on Mens issues. Feminists support women's issues. Why do you feel women should do your work for you?
I already gave examples of this. Just look up men's rights groups, it doesn't take long to find feminist attacking the issues the MRA's stand for.

Old 04-09-2013, 04:12 PM

1,730 posts, read 1,361,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Ah, the "I've been told" meme.

Surprise, another troll thread.
Is that what you're telling us?

Old 04-09-2013, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
What men's issues?

I have heard them already, the fact that you deny these are actual issues just shows that feminism could care less about them, even though most feminists will say they do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Yeah, but I know of very few men's rights groups advocating over those issues---"genital mutilation" ?

Maybe he should first show some examples of men's right's groups and then show that there are feminists who are supposedly against them. In other words, don't just make a post claiming something exists, i.e. feminists who supposedly oppose men's rights advocacy groups, when you haven't shown it does.
Genital mutilation is male circumcision. I gave you more example and will provide more when I get off from work.

Here are a few: Emma Clair is avidly against men's rights issues. She doesn't think men should have a voice in the political arena or in regards to equality, unless they agree with her.

This equality group was attacked by feminists for hosting a men's rights seminar. Canadian Association for Equality

Jenna Myers Karvunidis advocates that 99% of all predators are men, this is false and there is no data to support such a claim. She later apologized for her comments, but she still perpetrated the misconception that men can't be trusted with children.

The SPLC has labeled all men's rights groups as hate groups. Southern Poverty Law Center Names Men’s Rights Activists (MRAs) as Hate Group | Radfem News Service

I don't advocate for the site a voice for men, which will most likely pop up in your searches. They have the issues right, but their tactics are wrong.

Old 04-09-2013, 04:51 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,203,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raison_d'etre View Post
I want equality in the workplace, I also want equality when it comes to the value put on a person's life, men are seen as disposable. What's more important, the value of a person's life or the value of a person's paycheck?
Equal pay can be put into legislation. The "value of a persons life" can't.

No one can force others to think that men are or aren't disposable, that is up to the man. Act in a way that shows YOU aren't disposable, and YOU won't be seen as disposable. The guy down the street that makes himself disposable, will be seen as disposable.

Old 04-09-2013, 04:56 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,055,531 times
Quote:
I already gave examples of this. Just look up men's rights groups, it doesn't take long to find feminist attacking the issues the MRA's stand for.
Female supremacists and guys with male guilt just want to shut normal men up. They don't want to hear the truth. Goes to show how feminized society has become.

Old 04-09-2013, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post

No one can force others to think that men are or aren't disposable, that is up to the man. Act in a way that shows YOU aren't disposable, and YOU won't be seen as disposable. The guy down the street that makes himself disposable, will be seen as disposable.
Seriously? Why don't you tell women not to get raped while your at it. What have I done to be seen as a creepo for wanting to work at a daycare? What have I done to make people think I should die for their wars? What have I done to make people think I am disposable? I have done nothing to make people think I would make a bad father, I have done nothing to make society think I am a potential sexual predator just because I'm a man.

Old 04-09-2013, 05:33 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,203,370 times
Quote:
Seriously? Why don't you tell women not to get raped while your at it. What have I done to be seen as a creepo for wanting to work at a daycare? What have I done to make people think I should die for their wars? What have I done to make people think I am disposable? I have done nothing to make people think I would make a bad father, I have done nothing to make society think I am a potential sexual predator just because I'm a man.
Rape is a crime. Someone thinking something about you is not a crime.
Many daycares have males working in them, so maybe you should look at another daycare. You can not tell the owner what to believe, but if you feel you were discriminated against for your gender, there are laws against that. Hire an attorney, and take the daycare to court.

Unless you were drafted, no one forced you to go into the military, and there are many women in the military including my daughter.

People will think whatever they want to about anyone they want to. There is no way to legislate that. I am a lesbian, and some posters on this forum think I am a child abuser, and they think that my children should be taken from me. I don't care what they think, but if they try to pass legislation, I will fight it tooth and nail.

Old 04-09-2013, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
Someone just told me you think this is a legitimate list of "men's rights issues, so I'll insert some comments.
Just because you don't see them as issues does not mean anything. How long did society deny women's
Rights issues?

You need to understand, though, that these really are fringe issues, and no matter what you would like, you're going to have a hard time getting anyone, male or female, to line up behind you.

Before you start complaining about how the evil, scary feminists are preventing you from getting all these rights you want to get, maybe you should think about why there aren't even any significant number of men who are agitating for them. Like maybe they're not real issues.

What I hear from the so-called men's rights groups are attacks on child support, demands to change how custody is allocated or for mandatory joint custody, attacks on spousal support, and attacks on protections for victims of domestic violence. Those aren't issues of giving rights to men, they are issues of taking away rights from women. As a feminist I'm not going to support you on those issues.[/quote]

The reason why nobody gets behind these issues is because feminist claim them as women's issues or feminist issues and claim anyone other than WRA's and feminist groups working on them details their attempts.

You might not take circumcision seriously, and I blame society for this, but it is an issue. It makes no sense to do it to a baby. If an adult wishes to do it, that is their choice.

Feminists don't really care about the issues MRA's bring up they oppose men having a voice in the equality debate, unless they're a minority.

Old 04-09-2013, 05:49 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,504,849 times
Quote:

I agree. I feel the same way about women who are too weak to leave a violent situation or fight back. 'Beaten woman syndrome' --- rise above.

Old 04-09-2013, 06:07 PM

S igh
Quote:
Rape is a crime. Someone thinking something about you is not a crime.
Many daycares have males working in them, so maybe you should look at another daycare. You can not tell the owner what to believe, but if you feel you were discriminated against for your gender, there are laws against that. Hire an attorney, and take the daycare to court.

Unless you were drafted, no one forced you to go into the military, and there are many women in the military including my daughter.

People will think whatever they want to about anyone they want to. There is no way to legislate that. I am a lesbian, and some posters on this forum think I am a child abuser, and they think that my children should be taken from me. I don't care what they think, but if they try to pass legislation, I will fight it tooth and nail.

Yes rape is a crime so is discrimination. But the spotlight on rape culture and focus on men makes it hard for a man to go to a park with their kids, work in a daycare, or any job that works with kids. Men are not the problem, society is.

I'm forced to work at nights at my job that's in a dangerous neighborhood, because my life is less important. I'm faced with working the job at nights and walking home at midnight, or find a new job. Chances are that job will have to be at night as women don't normally work at night because its too dangerous for them.

I also get paid less at my job. I'm the only male and I do the physical labor, the women stand behind the counter and make more than I do. We'vell been here equal time and have similar experience.

When it comes to days off, I got the last pick. When I want vacation time, I am t their mercy. When they want vacation
time I am required
to cover them.

So you can deny the legitimacy of these issues all you want, but they are issues and I won't be told by a feminist that I can't. I'm called a fascist for advocating men's
rights. How is feminist having the only say on gender equality not fascist?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies